Photo

Gold Is Money

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
123 replies to this topic

#121 summoner

summoner

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 07:29 AM

Windy your last post refers to the exact scenario I posted over at clearstation after seeing a chart of the falling wedge on the VXN...great minds think alike...lol. The bulls and bears alike who have been gaming the BMRs off the VIX and VXN will attempt to make the same play only this time maybe the VIX and VXN start heading way north as Bernie Schaeeffer has been discussing. When they start to blow, recognition will have ugly consequences...TRADE SAFE.
" I' ve got a left handed hook and a right handed hook, the pros are gonna love me, I'm amphibious"

Charles Shackelford
NC STATE UNIVERSITY

#122 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 08:03 AM

Slinger, I respectfully disagree with the trendlines you've drawn on the VXN. A correct trendline respects the larger number of datapoints, and the upper ones you drawn simply don't. On the SPX chart below I agree with your "caution", but on the VXN chart that looks like a clear breakout to me.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#123 buttugly

buttugly

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 288 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 08:32 AM

Waterfall dead ahead - sportsfans!

Unsure of Storm Pilots' longer term VXN chart over at clearstation- shouldn't sept 11 spike be ironed out?

Where's Vesselin when you need him. He doesn't appear to have covered.

Looking to double short on VIA - per Schaeffer article

Worried about that $CPC 21day MA, but
BPIs still have aways to go. Watch and hope for confirmation
of VXN break.

As for this triple bottom stuff - take a look at
Japan from 1990 onwards just a long series
of triple bottoms.

"Because we went up so quickly off the initial stages of the October lows, [there's] nothing between the October lows and [current levels] that could conceivably serve as areas of significant buying interest," said Richard Dickson, senior strategist at Lowry's Reports. Therefore, a retest of the October lows is "pretty well baked in"

http://www.thestreet...e/10068564.html

#124 chibear

chibear

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 09:13 AM

FWIW, spotted this golden eagle auction on ebay. Don't collect them so I couldn't screen this for value, but noticed the recent interest here. (I spend a lot of time browsing at ebay.)

This is my first link effort, so if it fails, go to ebay/browse/bigticket items (upper right part of the screen)

ebay golden eagles auction

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart