Gaming Uncle Al

How about Senator Bunning from Kentucky.

He is berating the Lizard King for being SLOW to EASE.

Oh the INDIGNITY, the IRONY. AG is going to be lynched

by a mob of HILLBILLIES for the crime of being

FRUGAL.

Senator Bunning - who is this guy - who voted for him - give yourself an upper cut. What a KNUCKLE HEAD.

The Honorable Senator Bunning won his popularity on the pitching mound for the Detroit Tigers. And why shouldn't he be a senator? He can throw curve balls with the best of them!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

more "good news" to digest

5:50PM DTE Energy misses Q4 estimate; reaffirms Y03 (DTE) 40.52 -1.24: Reports Q4 (Dec) earnings of $1.21 per share, $0.05 worse than the Multex consensus of $1.26; reaffirms Y03 (Dec) EPS of $3.90-$4.10 vs Multex estimates of $4.00.

5:33PM PEC Solutions beats Q4 EPS estimate; guides Q1 lower (PECS) 28.80 -0.20: Reports Q4 (Dec) earnings of $0.20 per share, $0.01 better than the Multex consensus of $0.19; revenues rose 54.3% year/year to $48.3 mln vs the $51.4 mln consensus; sees Q1 (Mar) EPS of $0.17-0.18 vs Multex consensus $0.20.

5:04PM La-Z-Boy beats Q3 EPS estimate; guides Q4 lower (LZB) 20.09 -0.01: Reports Q3 (Jan) earnings of $0.41 per share, $0.01 better than the Multex consensus of $0.40; revenues fell 6.1% year/year to $510.5 mln vs the $532.4 mln consensus; sees Q4 EPS of $0.43-0.48 vs Multex consensus of 0.51.

didja ever wonder when the sheep are going to clue into the "beat by .01" racket ? huh...didja...didja......of course ya did. If there is one thing in this market that should be a major red flag it's any dipshite company that still puts the "we beat by .01 !" sack of flaming stool on our doorsteps. damn.........

*hic*

On a side note...regarding the quote in my siggy line that got some attention last night as it was viewed and noted within a pro-war comment; I wish to clarify that that was not the intention with which I put it there. This in no way denotes disrespect to the specific opinions offered, rather, my desire is only to re-focus on the message intended.

My own interpretation of the esteemed Mr. Adam's intent was such; To chastise predatory moneylenders and those that would become entangled in their webs, via greed, to the point of enslavement of first the individual, and by extension the society. Monetary enslavement through greed (particularly the appearance of wealth through debt...greed and vanity) will erode the foundation of freedom. Note that he does not mean you must choose either wealth or liberty, rather, do not choose wealth over liberty. Both can and should live in harmony.

In short.... "Keep your collective stool together so we don't let the banks f**k us over. If ya do...then p**s off".

Cheers to you Sam......

Supply Sider:

Your chart of Sweden's stock market is indistinquishable from the SOX.

Amazing how the entire globe is lockstepped with the Nasdaq Tech Bubble.

Even the most obscure of all global indices.

The entire globe's fortunes linked to the spending habits of the 28-year old blonde bombshell working at EXPE and her poser boyfriend jamming paper debt bombs on unsuspecting illegals at NCEN.

Both of which are expected to spend heavily on the latest cell phone, PDA, or wireless notebook computer.

What a sad state we are in.

This AM on IDS someone posted this

Republican senator Jim Bunning this am on Crapvision when asked about uncle Al, said; "He has failed miserably, he has butchered monetary policy, meddled in fiscal policy and the stock market and needs to just go home and retire." Thought I was dreaming...LMAO...Todays meeting will be interesting!

I didn't know what to make of it but I had my suspicions. Sure enough, Al isn't easy enough. That is about the only political criticism availibile for Al.

I've said it before and I will say it again. When Al goes someone easier will be there to replace him, and everyone in the political and Wall St. world will want it. I'd guess the White House want's him out NOW so they can get someone who isn't such a tightwad and of course, they want a real team player and party member.

Everything is lining up to be as bad as we imagine. Every fire has a gas can being thrown onto it. Incredible.

As far as wanting to like Al, and his obtuse warnings. When a warning is so obtuse even those wanting to hear on are not sure he is giving it you just as well forget it. Any warning, buried in his inpenetrable rhetoric is of little use.

It is beyond belief that nobody is talking about the high gas prices vis a vis the economy. The absolute belief we will be under $20 a bbl as soon as the dust settles goes hand in hand with all the complacency in other matters. Read Auerback tonight for a different perspective.

http://www.prudentbear.com/internationalpe...perspective.asp

These prices are now on peoples minds and affecting their behavior and it is starting to drag.

Of all the screw ups by Bush the one in Venezuela is among the worst. Self interest, as in insuring a good supply with all the trouble in the ME was thrown overboard by the knee jerk conservatives. The gas price rise up till now it is all about Venezuela. I like to think of it as the wingnut tax. Has anyone else noticed that the unions down there are destroying an economy and hurting ours, yet not one peep out of Bush. What a scream.

Greg and Ned are right! Old Greenie did tell the truth today which is interesting considering he generally avoids the truth at all costs. I think he knows the jig is up and is starting to salvage what is left of his reputation. As for the Senators I would suggest there is more I.Q. in the first row of a wrestling event than in their chamber and probably a few more teeth. The market today did NOT take out my stop (same as End's-848) but neither did it take out yesterdays lows-now I firmly believe we are going under 800 in the SPX and ultimately under 600 but this baby better break 824 tomorrow and gather some momentum downward or we could indeed get a bounce. Everything is in place for the market to crater-Hanky has already listed the aftermarket disasters, the Iraq coalition is turning into the "hell no we won't go" crowd, and Osama has called in from an undisclosed location (probably shares it with the Veep). So the sled ride to Hell should be underway-the fear indexes were down today the p/c ratio fell to .87 and there is little fear in the market. IMHO we break 824 tomorrow-if we don't it bounces. How can you QQQ players stand it-it moved 13 ticks today and 21 ticks yesterday to each his own but you could make more money taking your empties back. Be careful and Trade Safe!

Bumberg reported that Al Green said that the economy would bounce back after the uncertainty of the Eye-rack conflict was removed. I listened to him, and he didn't say that. He just didn't. He didn't imply it either. It's very frustrating.

In other news, Mr. Fokker (Fokker's dad) was on the horn tonight in a state of low hysteria, from the sounds of it, wondering "what the fornicate happened to gold" and "how the fornicate is my account down from last month"... Mr. Fokker has been selectively listening to Fokker, but apparently not enough, given such "winners" as Bombardier, good ole Nortel (why bother selling now?) and others of that ilk. He's actually miffed that the gold and gold shares he bought when pog was at 320/oz are down from last week's highs...

Fokker's brother is still holding a North American Growth mutual fund, down 27% in three years. Mr. Fokker's borker, to whom I'll be referring "on a going-forward-basis" as Dipshit, and with whom Mr. Fokker golfs EVERY WEEKEND, did nothing to suggest selling any of these "winners", and dissuaded Mr. Fokker and others from heeding my advice until... well, until it became too late, as in recently.

A moment of silence for the millions of such stories all around the world, as I mind meld with all the Stoolies, with compukers or not, all those who are a little (or a lot) ahead of the curve, but suffer with their loved ones just the same.

And a pox on the liars, the thieves, those whose agendas outrank their integrity.

It is beyond belief that nobody is talking about the high gas prices vis a vis the economy. The absolute belief we will be under $20 a bbl as soon as the dust settles goes hand in hand with all the complacency in other matters. Read Auerback tonight for a different perspective.

http://www.prudentbear.com/internationalpe...perspective.asp

These prices are now on peoples minds and affecting their behavior and it is starting to drag.

Interesting, we filled up the oil tank here today- $1.76/gal- glad we took advantage of hedged prices last summer- and glad that we do most of our heating with a pellet stove! I can't imagine most people getting bills which are essentially more than double last year's rates along with gas prices up 50% at the pump. If this doesn't have an effect on the economy, color me stupid!

Archived