Photo
- - - - -

Flat and quiet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 MrHanky

MrHanky

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,258 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

Incredibly quiet Op/Ex.....

Nobody gives a shit,why bother trying to help?

#2 Trader Joe

Trader Joe

Phd, Douchebagology

• Members
  • 13,570 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

I can understand people picking their spots and trying to short things here and there. What I find incomprehensible is people who have been fighting the tape and the central banks all the way up. This has been a classic cyclical bull, rising on central bank liquidity pumping. That's the way it has always worked. The Fed attempts to pump liquidity into a weak economy. Stocks rise. There's nothing incomprehensible about that. It has only worked that way since time immemorial. Or at least since 1913. The only difference today is that the Fed is no longer the only pit boss. It's not even the biggest.

"Don't fight the tape. Don't fight the pit bosses." I would only add to that, unless you are an experienced professional trader "Don't try to be a hero." By that I mean, don't try to pick the exact top.

Later!

Bear baiting douche

BWAHAHAHHA

Just kidding!

:P

Although the skeptic contrarian in me wonders if you might have rung the bell -- at least for a scalp

#3 Jetlag

Jetlag

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,555 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

Buying Panic Cycle in BAC

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 78,184 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

Bear baiting douche

BWAHAHAHHA

Just kidding!

:P

Although the skeptic contrarian in me wonders if you might have rung the bell -- at least for a scalp

Just responding to a remark that the market was incomprehensible. Feel free to fade me, but check out what happened the last time I was on the receiving end.

I can take the ridicule (not that I don't mind), but my only aim here is to help people, and in so doing, hopefully encourage them to subscribe to the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here... and neither would anyone else, for that matter.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#5 MisFit Kid

MisFit Kid

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

Buying Panic Cycle in BAC

Posted Image

Buying Panic in Sears too........Free markets, eh........

"It is easier to stay out than to get out" - M. Twain

"Ars fit ubi a teneris crimen condiscitur annis" - Ovid

#6 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 78,184 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

That's a short squeeze. Is it manipulation? Sure. Have short squeezes been around since the beginning of time? Mmm Hmm. I doubt that the Federal Government is buying those stocks. More likely GS or some big hedgies running a squeeze.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#7 BreakOut

BreakOut

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

That's a short squeeze. Is it manipulation? Sure. Have short squeezes been around since the beginning of time? Mmm Hmm. I doubt that the Federal Government is buying those stocks. More likely GS or some big hedgies running a squeeze.

Looks like they gave crude a little goose today, as well.

#8 bundys_dodge

bundys_dodge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

You are correct Doc, it appears Eddie Lampert and ESL may have a wee bit to do with the short squeeze puree. Inquiring minds might want to check out insider transactions on Sears.

I wonder if our resident Junk Stock KingTM participated in this Junkorama.

#9 Goldmember

Goldmember

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,038 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

Buying Panic in Sears too........Free markets, eh........

Sears...wow!

ASStoot stoolies will recall I was very bullish on SHLD way back in early January as soon as price went under $30. I bought a whack of calls with reasonable duration left and unloaded the SHLD calls in three different tranches as it bonered.

...and here I thought I was very well disciplined holding the SHLD calls as long as possible, especially that third tranche I kept a death grip on for quite awhile. HUGE profit!

To see it now where relentless patience has given schlock holders a triple bagger, or just under, is astounding.

I really thought I had done well holding those calls as long as I did. For front monthers, it was a pretty good score, but then I neglected it as far as investment was concerned.

I can't wah wah as I still made awesome cash, but still...

Here's a short term chart when it dipped under thirty where I bought the calls and then unloaded the first tranche of calls for the quicky profit at the last day's price on the chart. First leg of much profit with leverage of options.

Attached Thumbnails

• SHLD Jan 11-12.png

Anthony caused pearls to be dissolved in wine to drink the health of Cleopatra; Sir Richard Whittington was as foolishly magnificent in an entertainment to King Henry V; and Sir Thomas Gresham drank a diamond, dissolved in wine, to the health of Queen Elizabeth, when she opened the Royal Exchange; but the breakfast of this roguish Dutchman was as splendid as either. He had an advantage, too, over his wasteful predecessors: their gems did not improve the taste or the wholesomeness of their wine, while his tulip was quite delicious with his red herring.here

#10 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 78,184 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

Kinda reminds me of the theoretical historical basis for why people started charting stock prices in the first place. The theory is that the charts reveal all, ESPECIALLY all the manipulation.

#11 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 78,184 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

As Good As It Gets No More, Treasuries Puke

#12 quanta

quanta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

As Good As It Gets No More, Treasuries Puke

Weakening Rollover

For your consideration

Just a couple of charts, 2 friends walking hand in hand...

Posted Image

Posted Image
Don't look too close...
The current Weatha
In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. Johann von Neumann
We're all frinkin' doomed The Mogambo Guru
In the long run, we're all dead John Maynard Keynes
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal Emma Goldman
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana G. Marx

#13 aussiebear

aussiebear

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 13,354 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Kinda reminds me of the theoretical historical basis for why people started charting stock prices in the first place. The theory is that the charts reveal all, ESPECIALLY all the manipulation.

Absolutely. Trading the penny stocks, I'm looking for inside info: upcoming takeovers, promising drill results, new discoveries, whatever. Or sometimes it's just that the stock has got so cheap it's worth a punt and buying engenders buying (cycles). It's all there on the charts. Fundamentalist Friends say "why you buying that, nothing happening". In the meantime the news is quietly and inexorably infiltrating the grapevine and by the time the FFs see an announcement, it's all over...

Charts rule!
:)

#14 Trader Joe

Trader Joe

Phd, Douchebagology

• Members
  • 13,570 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:26 AM

Blues Clues

xlu.jpg

#15 Jimbo

Jimbo

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

ITS ALL GETTING A BIT FROTHY

Im sure a correction is lurking out there some where but its not revealing itself yet.

The run up in sears is just ridiculous.

As Doc says later

Easy and quick bull money being made right now.

I think the treasury market is showing the first faint signs if its eventual collapse.

Benanke upcoming testimony before congress:

"At this juncture . . . the impact on the broader economy and financial markets of the problems in the subprime oops sorry I mean treasury markets seems likely to be contained," Bernanke said in prepared testimony to Congress' Joint Economic Committee.
timoleon

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart