Photo
- - - - -

Greasy grappling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#1 aussiebear

aussiebear

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,644 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

Early openers mostly enthused: Kiwis +1%, Aussies -0.3%, Nikkers +1% and Sth Korea +0.2%.

The Aussie market dragged down by resources: Gold -3.3%, Miiners -1.6%, Materials -1.5% with Utilities +1.3% up the most.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 aussiebear

aussiebear

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 13,644 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://finance.yahoo...lindices?e=asia

#3 aussiebear

aussiebear

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 13,644 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

http://money.cnn.com...s/morning_call/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.kitco.com

Posted Image

http://www.kitconet....ase_metals.html

Posted Image

http://finance.yahoo.com/

#4 aussiebear

aussiebear

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 13,644 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

Posted Image

Menu found in Beijing, China.

#5 aussiebear

aussiebear

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 13,644 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

This one looks ok so I bought it today:

Posted Image

#6 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 78,534 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

Just found out from a subscriber that I was quoted in this week's Elliot Wave Theorist.

Movin on up! :lol:

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#7 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 78,534 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

Greg Smith Is My Hero, Bloomberg, Not So Much http://bit.ly/z95oh9

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#8 zero_value

zero_value

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

Greg Smith Is My Hero, Bloomberg, Not So Much http://bit.ly/z95oh9

A bunch of Sociopaths circle jerking all over our financial system, GoldScum and all....

#9 aussiebear

aussiebear

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 13,644 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:19 AM

Posted Image

Bullz & bearz slugging it out today. All Ords closed -0.2% with Gold -3.2% the chief loser ranging up to Utilities +1.3%. The majority of sectors barely moved.

Most of Asia in a similar frame of mind: China -0.2%, Honkers -0.1%, India -0.3% and Nikkers +1%.

On to UK/Europe:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:46 AM

Do you mean short? I am long the dollar index and looks like a breakout. The Eur/Dollah is heading back to par (1.00), will post some charts later.

Long.

Just closed the position just over 1.3060 for about 50 pips. Think I might be leaving some on the table, but oh well.

Over the long term, maybe it will head back to par. I don't know.

Some are seeing a large move down from here. I have been seeing around the web, ideas of a 3rd of 3rd. If this be the case, then the move down should be soon and swift. I am not so sure about this, but, if this POS does embark on a 3rd of 3rd, it should be pretty obvious when it does.
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving

#11 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 78,534 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

Gold Reaches Critical Support Area

#12 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 78,534 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

Hitting the road today. No Professional Edition postings for the rest of today or tomorrow. Publication will resume this weekend.

I'll check in here from time to time. Later!

#13 zero_value

zero_value

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

Long.

Just closed the position just over 1.3060 for about 50 pips. Think I might be leaving some on the table, but oh well.

Over the long term, maybe it will head back to par. I don't know.

Some are seeing a large move down from here. I have been seeing around the web, ideas of a 3rd of 3rd. If this be the case, then the move down should be soon and swift. I am not so sure about this, but, if this POS does embark on a 3rd of 3rd, it should be pretty obvious when it does.

Part of this "trade", long US dollar Index is based on oddly enough fundamentals. US dollar is for better or worse the world reserve currency and most or a vast majority of debt is denominated in the US dollar. Biggest short in the history of any market none even close.
Now the chart looks interesting, at first glance you would think it has run up against the upper band of the BB and will now pull back to the lower BB as it has in the past BUT this move has much more behind it. Look at the MACD and RSI compared to other bumps against the upper bands, notice where we are now could have a relative moonshot up before it corrects.
My trade is the following long from DXM12 79.30 and 79.850 (currently at 80.80), I will be long until 82.50 range (might flip a couple of times but not short), then I might short for a point or so.

#14 zero_value

zero_value

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

Part of this "trade", long US dollar Index is based on oddly enough fundamentals. US dollar is for better or worse the world reserve currency and most or a vast majority of debt is denominated in the US dollar. Biggest short in the history of any market none even close.
Now the chart looks interesting, at first glance you would think it has run up against the upper band of the BB and will now pull back to the lower BB as it has in the past BUT this move has much more behind it. Look at the MACD and RSI compared to other bumps against the upper bands, notice where we are now could have a relative moonshot up before it corrects.
My trade is the following long from DXM12 79.30 and 79.850 (currently at 80.80), I will be long until 82.50 range (might flip a couple of times but not short), then I might short for a point or so.

Forgot chart

Attached Thumbnails

• dollah.jpg

#15 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

Forgot chart

The way price is positioned against the BB's, it doesn't have to come back and touch the 21. This is actually quite a bullish setup when considering the BB's.
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart