Photo

Anti-war Rally Begins?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
124 replies to this topic

#16 longOnUranus

longOnUranus

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 06:59 PM

Covered half my shorts for profix, kept other half for lox - chickensh*t way to break even and reduce risk, I must say. BBH puts is killing me but I'll stay wid em.

I've given up being "all there (long puts)" when we dive the falls, but I'll be enough there to put plenty of cash in the bank. Crazy Al has made me extremely cautious.

"Peace in our week"- Neville Chamberlain, Jr.

#17 MyGoldenStool

MyGoldenStool

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 07:13 PM

Doug Cliggott coming up on Crappervision. Should be interesting. I'll bet they won't give him much time!

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 07:14 PM

Doug Cliggott coming up on Crapvisions Business Center.

#19 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 07:26 PM

Don't get HoneyIShrunkTheKids-Vision, but Doug Cliggott is the man. He slam dunked Uncle Lou and all of his pissant bulls a few weeks ago. Soft spoken and bearing a big axe.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#20 phatbubble

phatbubble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 07:26 PM

just watched the newsthing with shrub and the wizard of auz. shrub looks exhausted...but more than that, his eyes are scared. i sat four feet from the tv & watched him at length. he has the look of a man who wants out, now. it was fun, probably, that first night in the stolen white house, and probably often thereafter....but not anymore. his taskmasters have brought him here, and he can't get off the bus, because the whole world thinks he's the driver.

jeez, all serious and everything. still holding all puts. firming up plans for the Maximum Weekend.
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 07:49 PM

just watched the newsthing with shrub and the wizard of auz.  shrub looks exhausted...but more than that, his eyes are scared.  i sat four feet from the tv & watched him at length.  he has the look of a man who wants out, now.  it was fun, probably, that first night in the stolen white house, and probably often thereafter....but not anymore.  his taskmasters have brought him here, and he can't get off the bus, because the whole world thinks he's the driver.

jeez, all serious and everything.  still holding all puts.  firming up plans for the Maximum Weekend.

The government Office of Information Management has been getting some serious airtime. Lucky for Bush that they gave him a few lines to remember that he can alway rely on when asked questions. "Time is running out." "Saddam is playing games." "Saddem needs to disarm or we'll lead a coelition of the willing and disarm him." It would all be pretty funny is it wasn't so terribly disturbing.

#22 longOnUranus

longOnUranus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 07:49 PM

If wee in the US had 200K Iraqis knocking on the doors, ready to pillage and plunder, would we not use all at our disposal to combat the invaders?

Bush loses face with each passing day, making the current situation all the more risky. Factor in N. Korea...WHAT IN THE HECK IS THERE TO RALLY ABOUT? I'm with Mark, going to solid metals when this breaks loose. Can't even trust my money in Scottrade ("Insured to 250K"...thatsalotoftoiletpaper).

#23 wndysrf

wndysrf

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • 34,219 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 07:56 PM

Will be interesting to see what unfolds on Feb. 16.

Arch Crawford says that day will be a selling climax in stocks and a blowoff top in precious metals.

Right now the metals are going the wrong way, unless some kind of fantastic squeeze is imminent.

Sinclair is guaranteeing $400+ on gold before month's end. He's also turned bearish on silver and says to ignore the silver stocks.

So some heavy volatility and action is in front of us.

Bullinger Bands are tightening.

Volume is shrinking.

A big move is dead ahead.
PigMen Proprietary Trading Desk

The Weimar Run: Bullphoria!!!!

#24 summoner

summoner

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 07:59 PM

Lets see if we cant stop this shakeout in gold.......Limit order: all or none, 2 tons of gold at 350 or better....lol.....another long term buying opp., may be time to pull a Merciless and start closing the bank accts and move to philharmonics and krugs.
" I' ve got a left handed hook and a right handed hook, the pros are gonna love me, I'm amphibious"

Charles Shackelford
NC STATE UNIVERSITY

#25 GTNWORSE

GTNWORSE

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:02 PM

The half wit at the helm and his band of thieving, war mongering geezers are going to have to spin mighty hard to invade if Iraq bends over to every U.N demand. If that is what happens they just may decide to put the effort into spinning a victory for the U.S.A and El Idioti. I don't see how that will be losing face.
Have been calmly watching, waiting, and reading this board every day. Bare is right, there is a turn coming and you can feel it as well as smell it. P/C ratio at 1.0 today!!!!!!!The time to go long again may be upon us.

#26 morass

morass

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:11 PM

Will be interesting to see what unfolds on Feb. 16.

16th is a Sunday.

#27 wndysrf

wndysrf

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • 34,219 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:15 PM

16th is a Sunday. And Monday, the markets are closed.

Crawford says this is why it will be especially chaotic. He says the rest of the world will sell off on Monday, but U.S. Riverboaters will be stranded without paddles.

Maybe another big gap down on Tuesday?

More HedgeHog trouble:

Hedge Fund Failures
PigMen Proprietary Trading Desk

The Weimar Run: Bullphoria!!!!

#28 GTNWORSE

GTNWORSE

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:19 PM

Interesting commentary for inquisitive minds:http://www.feargreed.com/archive.php

#29 Fartpolio Manager

Fartpolio Manager

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:24 PM

Things are looking pretty green here in afterhours...

Looks like we'll trace up a bit before the World ends...

Ya'll drive cahful now yahear.... and don't forget your gas mask.

#30 ernstime

ernstime

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:25 PM

Can someone tell me what IMHO means? Thanks

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart