Photo

Nervous Energy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
135 replies to this topic

#31 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 09:01 PM

Phatty- This will get you in go to cboe.com hit the tab market data-then market statistics. Pile I agree that we are going down the crapper BUT even when you strip out Q leaps the equity and SPX numbers are skewed big time to the put side as is the p/c ratio which doesn't include the leaps-hopefully it won't matter but Bernie Schaeffer uses these as his number 1 indicator and you have to be mindful of it. Go GOLD go-Trade Safe!

#32 MrHanky

MrHanky

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,306 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 09:04 PM

A great fleck tonite...he gets right down to basics...

and the fed...

http://moneycentral....asp?special=msn

Nothing

#33 wndysrf

wndysrf

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • 34,219 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 09:05 PM

Gold at $374

Shorts....See 'ya later....
PigMen Proprietary Trading Desk

The Weimar Run: Bullphoria!!!!

#34 Ned38

Ned38

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 09:05 PM

POG $374..............and Uncle Buck falling

Rally tomorrow? :lol:

#35 phatbubble

phatbubble

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 09:08 PM

Fart, when are you going to give us some
rationale for your spring rally?

http://www.amanita.a...q/e-bradley.htm

Until I find a model that works better than this one, I'm stickin with it...Geo 360 seems to track pretty good...

Cheers...

it sure does....but the directional and quantitative correlation of the bradley and the broad market has been a thing of wonder this year, and is NOT normally the case. they could decouple at any time. personally i think we'll get that march low, followed by a weak bounce, followed by a bathyspheric Q2 descent into holyshit land.
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#36 SkiddMarket

SkiddMarket

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 09:11 PM

Better yet, take the Property Taxes. I'm sporting a $12K Tax Bill on the House... If I hadn't pulled a Prop. 58, I'd be looking at twice the amount....Welcome to the Sunshine State!

Don't you DARE complain about taxes in FL. They take 6% off the top for state income tax in GA. :angry: And my last auto registration was $600. :angry: :angry: And yes, I paid property taxes too. :angry: :angry: :angry:

#37 buttugly

buttugly

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 288 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 09:12 PM

I am not very good on the technical side, but if I am reading this right, then if the Nasdaq takes out
the suppport it is sitting at, then the October lows are going to be revisited pretty soon. :huh:

http://www.saavycharts.info

Fart, thanks for sharing. :)
What is basis for Bradley model? :blink:

#38 phatbubble

phatbubble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 09:12 PM

Phatty- This will get you in go to cboe.com hit the tab market data-then market statistics. Pile I agree that we are going down the crapper BUT even when you strip out Q leaps the equity and SPX numbers are skewed big time to the put side as is the p/c ratio which doesn't include the leaps-hopefully it won't matter but Bernie Schaeffer uses these as his number 1 indicator and you have to be mindful of it. Go GOLD go-Trade Safe!

damn, must be me. can't bring up cboe.com.

oh wait.....there......FINALLY. the site just wasn't loading before, like server too busy or something. thanks again b4.
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 09:13 PM

SOURCE: Schaeffers Research

Posted ImageNew Highs and New Lows Reveal Market Weakness
By Richard A. Sparks (rsparks@sir-inc.com)
2/3/2003 3:18 PM ET

One gauge of investor sentiment can be obtained by monitoring the number of advancing and declining issues over time. This indicator can be found at Schaeffer's Daily Sentiment and is called the Nasdaq/NYSE Composite New Highs versus New Lows. The formula for the indicator is NH/(NH+NL). Deciphered, this is the ratio of the number of stocks hitting daily 52-week highs versus those hitting 52-week lows on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq.

While many other indicators are neutral, today's NH/(NH+NL) reading is currently issuing a bearish signal. That suggests a continued pullback from the recent rally. The recent bullish signal turned off with its second consecutive drop after moving above 70. This occurred on January 17 and the S&P 500 Index (SPX 860.65) is more than four percent lower. From its high of 83.2 percent on January 17, the measure has fallen in nine consecutive session to fall to 50.3 percent, its lowest level since mid November. The ratio of new highs to new lows recent peak was its highest since late April. At that time, the SPX was trading closer to 1,050, more than 115 points higher than its recent peak. Once again in this bear market, it appears that the rally may have created opportunities. However, once again, it seems those opportunities may have been bearish ones.

#40 Guest_AssMaster_*

Guest_AssMaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2003 - 09:15 PM

followed by a bathyspheric Q2 descent into holyshit land.

Phat: you sure know how to turn a phrase.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

THE END--I posted a few times before-I don't know why the "meter" didn't record it--anyway, gold's going nuts to the upside in the access mkt. tonight
Gold(CMX) Apr 372.0 375.5 371.9 375.0 +$3.4 2/3/2003 7:59

#42 crooked_analyst

crooked_analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Better yet, take the Property Taxes. I'm sporting a $12K Tax Bill on the House... If I hadn't pulled a Prop. 58, I'd be looking at twice the amount....Welcome to the Sunshine State!

Don't you DARE complain about taxes in FL. They take 6% off the top for state income tax in GA. :angry: And my last auto registration was $600. :angry: :angry: And yes, I paid property taxes too. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Wrong Sunshine State...California - and I would KILL to only pay 6%. We pay 9.6% here. We pay 8 1/4% Sales Tax and it's going up too. In addition, Davis is looking to do a split tax role and ding us for Commercial / Industrial Real Estate.

#43 wndysrf

wndysrf

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • 34,219 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 09:17 PM

Anybody ready for a laugh?

What kind of financial exotica can Merry Lynching spin up next?

MARKET RECOVERY NOTES

See Prospectus Here:

Merrill Lynch Recovery Notes Due 2005
PigMen Proprietary Trading Desk

The Weimar Run: Bullphoria!!!!

#44 SkiddMarket

SkiddMarket

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 09:18 PM

Wrong Sunshine State...California - and I would KILL to only pay 6%. We pay 9.6% here. We pay 8 1/4% Sales Tax and it's going up too. In addition, Davis is looking to do a split tax role and ding us for Commercial / Industrial Real Estate.

Sorry- my error.. you win :o

#45 crooked_analyst

crooked_analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 09:21 PM

Sorry- my error.. you win :o

No Apology needed....we're ALL getting screwed!

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart