Photo

Shorts shafted

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

#1 MrHanky

MrHanky

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,306 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

<_<

Momentum rules....

And as usual we did have the manditory 20 point swing in ES today.

Nothing

#2 PyurAureo

PyurAureo

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:08 PM

Mister Hanky,

Could you please revise the Date for the day's Forum ... Some are easily cornfused :wacko:

Like me :blush:

#3 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:10 PM

After listening 5 minutes it's obvious reform is dead. The Volker rule is dead. Volker got hung out to dry. Poor sucker. He was put out for show and will soon be buried again.

Totally agree.

The window closed when Obama prioritized health care.

Anything that passes will not be meaningful reform.

Anything that is meaningful reform will be destroyed by the industry's lobbyists.
Sure glad all my albums went GOLD.
"Ferdy-bee-bee-dee-ferbs."
Subscribe & Earn Karma Miles with Every Visit!
Rule #5 Professional Exemption.
Blind Follower, Just Think Positive Hyperinflation, I Get Paid 500 Quadrillion Dollars/Hour at 1000% Interest/Hour Compounding Forever Each Mouse Click Religion.
"I too observe 'flation.'"
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Postulate A Free Lunch Economy
Anyone, now, who is not genuinely afraid is a moran.
[T]housands of empty stucco crapboxes vacated after being circle-jerk sham-traded among corrupt borkers, uppraisers and loan officers from 100K up to 800K, then "nopay-walkaway" (with dirty loan cash in pockets)
Guess again, girlfriend.
Or, $2.7 million every effing day since the effing pinball machine.
Permabear Hysterian

#4 MrHanky

MrHanky

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 14,306 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:11 PM

Mister Hanky,

Could you please revise the Date for the day's Forum ... Some are easily cornfused :wacko:

Like me :blush:

I think doc has to do it,I don't see a way for me to.

Sorry,I am not very smart!

Nothing

#5 MrHanky

MrHanky

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 14,306 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:13 PM

Quads down a dime AH....

I am sure they will correct that ASAP :mellow:

Nothing

#6 capitall

capitall

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (bundys_dodge @ Feb 2 2010, 12:40 PM)
Blackrock takes at least 5% stake in 1800 companies?. Although this sounds incredible, I am sure there is some mundane explanation to this seeming madness. May be Doc, TJ and other Stool intelligentsia have a different take...

http://www.footnoted...afternoon-dump/

Jesse: http://jessescrossro...buying-big.html
Karl Denninger: http://market-ticker...-BlackRock.html
----------------------------------------------------------

Capitall
So they are very bullish the U.S. equity market in some time frame or other. And they thought the last 2 weeks was a good pullback time for them to get in or to add to positions. So does that make them different from other firms who think we are in a new bull market, as many apparently do? Only in that they are big enough to be able to afford to buy more stock than smaller firms that are bullish can, as far as I can see.

#7 PyurAureo

PyurAureo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:15 PM

I think doc has to do it,I don't see a way for me to.

Sorry,I am not very smart!

Not a big deal ... I thought that the Starter had Edit privileges ... mebbe' knot

#8 alceringa

alceringa

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:22 PM

Starters can change the thread title by editing their first post, which includes that information.

In any case, its fixed now.
"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities."
Churchill

"You can fool some of the people all of the time."
Lincoln

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
Jefferson

#9 bundys_dodge

bundys_dodge

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (bundys_dodge @ Feb 2 2010, 12:40 PM)
Blackrock takes at least 5% stake in 1800 companies?. Although this sounds incredible, I am sure there is some mundane explanation to this seeming madness. May be Doc, TJ and other Stool intelligentsia have a different take...

http://www.footnoted...afternoon-dump/

Jesse: http://jessescrossro...buying-big.html
Karl Denninger: http://market-ticker...-BlackRock.html
----------------------------------------------------------

Capitall
So they are very bullish the U.S. equity market in some time frame or other. And they thought the last 2 weeks was a good pullback time for them to get in or to add to positions. So does that make them different from other firms who think we are in a new bull market, as many apparently do? Only in that they are big enough to be able to afford to buy more stock than smaller firms that are bullish can, as far as I can see.

Oops... the Blackrock thing might be a nothing burger. They are asset managers and a lot of this could be coming from their purchase of Barclays Global Investors. These are all assets of the investors (Blackrock's customers), not Blackrock's proprietary investments.

#10 swordfish

swordfish

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,467 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:40 PM

I post it couple days ago, I repost it again:
http://songmun.blox....a_structure.png
Posted Image

After hitting 38,2% ,now we are waiting for some drop maybe? even it doesnt maater, 1120-1125 and then BANG we drop. Till now, its just moving in the correct way

source: http://songmun.blox....ana-trendu.html
Jail, not bail!

#11 PyurAureo

PyurAureo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:41 PM

Looks like the Qs are gonna' coast to a stop around 20 cents off of the HOD

#12 itiswhatitis

itiswhatitis

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:44 PM

Any tech advanced Stoolies out there know if there are any video cards that I can add to my current system that will allow me to run three monitors? The folks at Best Buy and Staples were unaware of any. I thought that if I added a video card with two slots, then I could use those two with one of the originals, but when you add most video cards, it overrides the factory installed one disabling it. Any ideas?

thanks!

#13 fxfox

fxfox

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

I post it couple days ago, I repost it again:

After hitting 38,2% ,now we are waiting for some drop maybe? even it doesnt maater, 1120-1125 and then BANG we drop. Till now, its just moving in the correct way

thats some very nice stuff Swordie! :)
'patriot' is formed with 'patria' and 'idiot'

#14 FranciscoTheMan

FranciscoTheMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:50 PM

Any tech advanced Stoolies out there know if there are any video cards that I can add to my current system that will allow me to run three monitors? The folks at Best Buy and Staples were unaware of any. I thought that if I added a video card with two slots, then I could use those two with one of the originals, but when you add most video cards, it overrides the factory installed one disabling it. Any ideas?

thanks!

Yep, I thought it would work like that too, it doesn't.

I have two video cards and three screens (19", 22", 19").
One day sometime in the future he'll [Cramer] come blubbering and whimpering on air half naked and smeared with his own feces. It'll be the buy signal of the decade. --PhatBubble
One thing I think is certain. The more the world's central banks act to suppress the cost of long term capital, the more of it the market will demand, thereby keeping upward pressure on yields until the CBs have no choice but to relent. At that point we should see a massive final blowoff similar to that which occurred in 1980 and 1981. --Doctor Stool
In a topsy turvy world, growing more and more insane by the minute, terminal eccentricities, like buying Fanny, are barely noticed--Beardrech
"[George W. Bush] is Woodrow Wilson on amphetamines." --Patrick J. Buchanan
"I simply don't know where the money is." --John Corzine

#15 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:02 PM

Cramer was on Mad Money last night telling his minions to sell on rallys......Wondering if he'll change his tune this evening? :unsure:

cramer_meets_bear.gif
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart