Photo

On the edge of the abyss

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
117 replies to this topic

#16 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

MSFT going parabolic AH...but volume is so lame.
gap and crap tomorrow?

Gap yes, crap.... dunno.

It's Friday. We know about the HappyPrint™
Of course I'm caustic!

#17 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:37 PM

So 7 senators voted Yes (or No) for Cloture vote but actually voted No for renewal ?

Yeah, they needed to make sure the vote came up so they could be sure he'd be re-anointed, but then they voted no, knowing only a simple majority was needed, so they could tell their constituents they voted against.
Of course I'm caustic!

#18 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:38 PM

AMZN up 5, MSFT up only 0.15?

EDIT: make that, AMZN up 6 and doesn't seem to be slowing down
Of course I'm caustic!

#19 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:41 PM

So 7 senators voted Yes (or No) for Cloture vote but actually voted No for renewal ?

We call them cynics.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#20 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:45 PM

Jeez....almost 200 million quads traded today.

Is Mr. Hanky bored still? I call upon the ghost of January past and the law of 4th confirmations to revisit 41-40 for Mr. Q
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#21 capitall

capitall

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:47 PM

Great. 4 more years of the American & world economies being the subject of Professor Bernankenstein's mad experiment.

#22 FranciscoTheMan

FranciscoTheMan

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:47 PM

Does the announcement of a stock buy-back have to be bullish? I have no idea. Can anyone provide a general overview?

edit: I mean bullish for the particular stock? obviously it is news noise in the market
One day sometime in the future he'll [Cramer] come blubbering and whimpering on air half naked and smeared with his own feces. It'll be the buy signal of the decade. --PhatBubble
One thing I think is certain. The more the world's central banks act to suppress the cost of long term capital, the more of it the market will demand, thereby keeping upward pressure on yields until the CBs have no choice but to relent. At that point we should see a massive final blowoff similar to that which occurred in 1980 and 1981. --Doctor Stool
In a topsy turvy world, growing more and more insane by the minute, terminal eccentricities, like buying Fanny, are barely noticed--Beardrech
"[George W. Bush] is Woodrow Wilson on amphetamines." --Patrick J. Buchanan
"I simply don't know where the money is." --John Corzine

#23 capitall

capitall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:51 PM

Does the announcement of a stock buy-back have to be bullish? I have no idea. Can anyone provide a general overview?

It is thought to be bullish if the company is doing it to support their stock during a temporary low price range. But if they're wrong, and the current price range is not just temporarily low, but is going to stay down permanently, then they are just pouring money down a sinkhole.

#24 FranciscoTheMan

FranciscoTheMan

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:54 PM

It is thought to be bullish if the company is doing it to support their stock during a temporary low price range. But if they're wrong, and the current price range is not just temporarily low, but is going to stay down permanently, then they are just pouring money down a sinkhole.

and in the case of AMZN? just off 10 year highs?
One day sometime in the future he'll [Cramer] come blubbering and whimpering on air half naked and smeared with his own feces. It'll be the buy signal of the decade. --PhatBubble
One thing I think is certain. The more the world's central banks act to suppress the cost of long term capital, the more of it the market will demand, thereby keeping upward pressure on yields until the CBs have no choice but to relent. At that point we should see a massive final blowoff similar to that which occurred in 1980 and 1981. --Doctor Stool
In a topsy turvy world, growing more and more insane by the minute, terminal eccentricities, like buying Fanny, are barely noticed--Beardrech
"[George W. Bush] is Woodrow Wilson on amphetamines." --Patrick J. Buchanan
"I simply don't know where the money is." --John Corzine

#25 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

Given how badly the popular iPhones already tax AT&T's data capacity, it is beyond me why anyone with any effing clue would purchase an iPad with the annual $29/month data service for it from AT&T.

Unless AT&T announces plans to dump 12 to 13-digits large into its infrastructure beginning yesterday.
Sure glad all my albums went GOLD.
"Ferdy-bee-bee-dee-ferbs."
Subscribe & Earn Karma Miles with Every Visit!
Rule #5 Professional Exemption.
Blind Follower, Just Think Positive Hyperinflation, I Get Paid 500 Quadrillion Dollars/Hour at 1000% Interest/Hour Compounding Forever Each Mouse Click Religion.
"I too observe 'flation.'"
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Postulate A Free Lunch Economy
Anyone, now, who is not genuinely afraid is a moran.
[T]housands of empty stucco crapboxes vacated after being circle-jerk sham-traded among corrupt borkers, uppraisers and loan officers from 100K up to 800K, then "nopay-walkaway" (with dirty loan cash in pockets)
Guess again, girlfriend.
Or, $2.7 million every effing day since the effing pinball machine.
Permabear Hysterian

#26 capitall

capitall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:58 PM

They think it's going higher-- that future earnings will be better than current ones and the overall market will be going higher. If they're right about that it's bullish. Apparently they don't feel a need to invest more cash directly into their business. It's not like they need much. They are what? A warehouse and an Internet site and people mailing stuff to their customers.

If the economy does improve they'll likely be right.

I think Benny's experiment will work to produce Weimar before deflation myself. Although we've been in a pullback & it may continue, I think that we have several years here of AMZN, gold etc. floating up before a big crash.

#27 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Bingo.

If the AMZN finance department is so packed with equity-timing geniuses, they should simply establish a hedge fund and print money.

They aren't.
They won't.
They can't.
Blind Follower, Just Think Positive Hyperinflation, I Get Paid 500 Quadrillion Dollars/Hour at 1000% Interest/Hour Compounding Forever Each Mouse Click Religion.
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
[T]housands of empty stucco crapboxes vacated after being circle-jerk sham-traded among corrupt borkers, uppraisers and loan officers from 100K up to 800K, then "nopay-walkaway" (with dirty loan cash in pockets)
Guess again, girlfriend.
Permabear Hysterian

#28 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

For Shorty: Mr. Market can go pound sand. SPX fell a tad below old closes in 1091 zone. I'd prefer to see it get real ugly.
http://www.StockShar..._1264715824.png
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#29 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:59 PM

I'm sure TJ can offer some real-world feces to hurl at AMZN's stock purchase buyback decision.
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Guess again, girlfriend.
Permabear Hysterian

#30 mdporter

mdporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:59 PM

Given how badly the popular iPhones already tax AT&T's data capacity, it is beyond me why anyone with any effing clue would purchase an iPad with the annual $29/month data service for it from AT&T.

Unless AT&T announces plans to dump 12 to 13-digits large into its infrastructure beginning yesterday.

ATT has another 3G "upgrade" coming up. :)
The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart