Photo

Reversal reversal...bears blown out

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#31 TenaciousG

TenaciousG

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:21 PM

Does anyone have any fundamental research on Sugar they could point me to that might explain why we are at 30 year highs?

Thanks in advance.
Cynically optimistic

#32 roxy

roxy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:21 PM

New Brown is not an old Brown

Posted Image

#33 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:31 PM

Does anyone have any fundamental research on Sugar they could point me to that might explain why we are at 30 year highs?

Thanks in advance.

Funny you would inquire. I was just looking at some sugar charts scratching my head.
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving

#34 TenaciousG

TenaciousG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:35 PM

New Brown is not an old Brown

Posted Image

Is Scott Brown also Dr. Dan who now controls the fate of U.S. health care! :)
http://www.youtube.com/v/TABSFL6KkTc.swf
Cynically optimistic

#35 TenaciousG

TenaciousG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

The Dr. Dan commercial reminds me of one of my favorite childhood movies.

The Incredible Shrinking Woman - love the opening scene.

Cynically optimistic

#36 Speakeasy

Speakeasy

Escaped American Inmate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:41 PM

Massachusetts Democratic Douchbags

Posted Image

The line has been drawn. Get your popcorn for the show of self-hatred and sucking it up movie of the week. It's a wingohockingmoyamensinging freak show.

Posted Image
Behind every great fortune there is a crime. ~ Honore de Balzac
One must live the way one thinks, or end up thinking the way one lives
~ Paul Bourget

#37 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:43 PM

Thanks in advance.

Bad weather has hurt harvests in Brazil and India, two of the world’s biggest sugar producers. Also, Brazil has been increasingly devoting sugar resources to ethanol production, putting upward pressure on sugar prices. Here in the U.S., sugar production has been declining in recent years. The U.S. sugar stock relative to demand is less than half of what it was a year ago. I guess you could say that many of the reasons are mostly fundamental. Recently, I have heard alot of talk about funds buying sugar futures and such.
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving

#38 TenaciousG

TenaciousG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:45 PM

Funny you would inquire. I was just looking at some sugar charts scratching my head.

Who are the major sugar producers and their production %? India, Brazil, U.S. ???? I know India has experienced severe drought but don't know what % of the total their production equates to. Is there a big push coming from the energy bill for higher yielding bio-fuels?
Cynically optimistic

#39 MrHanky

MrHanky

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,259 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:52 PM

Carl Icahn to take ownership of Fontainebleau Las Vegas resort

Carl Icahn is expected to take over ownership of the bankrupt Fontainebleau Las Vegas resort after two potential competitors vying to buy the property failed to submit qualifying bids as of a 5 p.m. deadline Friday

http://www.lasvegass...eau-las-vegas-/

Nobody gives a shit,why bother trying to help?

#40 summoner

summoner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:54 PM

FOX the EURO broke major support at 1.4260 and moved hard and fast. I caught about 60pips. Will look to reshort any retest from below or the short tick(50) frame rollover which is winding now.
Trade Safe :glare:
" I' ve got a left handed hook and a right handed hook, the pros are gonna love me, I'm amphibious"

Charles Shackelford
NC STATE UNIVERSITY

#41 TenaciousG

TenaciousG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

Bad weather has hurt harvests in Brazil and India, two of the world’s biggest sugar producers. Also, Brazil has been increasingly devoting sugar resources to ethanol production, putting upward pressure on sugar prices. Here in the U.S., sugar production has been declining in recent years. The U.S. sugar stock relative to demand is less than half of what it was a year ago. I guess you could say that many of the reasons are mostly fundamental. Recently, I have heard alot of talk about funds buying sugar futures and such.

Thanks for the info. Just unclear if the primary driver is fundamental or liquidity based.

I don't know why I attempt to rationalize these markets as they have simply devolved into a liquidity driven crack house of traders buying support and selling resistance. :glare:
Cynically optimistic

#42 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:08 AM

Who are the major sugar producers and their production %? India, Brazil, U.S. ???? I know India has experienced severe drought but don't know what % of the total their production equates to. Is there a big push coming from the energy bill for higher yielding bio-fuels?

http://world-trade-o...sugar_exporters

In 2009, India was no longer a net exporter.

http://in.reuters.co...-40405520090617

#43 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:11 AM

Thanks for the info. Just unclear if the primary driver is fundamental or liquidity based.

I don't know why I attempt to rationalize these markets as they have simply devolved into a liquidity driven crack house of traders buying support and selling resistance. :glare:

The important 27.30-50 area held, again, last Friday. That's where I dumped the shorts and just left it alone. Should of went long from that area, but oh well.

#44 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

Meanwhile, the British Pound continues to slide.

#45 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:26 AM

bp011910.png

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart