Photo

Become a wallstreet examiner subscriber now!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#31 Ags Nightmare

Ags Nightmare

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:30 PM

Ron Insane said we are getting a good employment number tomorrow....because..

President "O" is speaking tomorrow on the economy during market hours....2:40 EST....
"I went out and bought an Apple Computer; it had a worm in it"....."When I was born, I was so ugly that the doctor slapped my mother"....'I played hide and seek; they wouldn't even look for me.'- Rodney Dangerfield

My Blog

#32 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:34 PM

I don't know if it means anything about the bullsheet numbers we are gonna get but President "O" is speaking tomorrow on the economy during market hours....2:40 EST....

Funny that you would mention that. Maybe he knows the numbers are bad (I am sure he knows the numbers in advance), but that might be why he is going to speak. If I remember the last time the numbers were bad, he spoke about stimulus etc... There might be something to this.

Meanwhile, crude is coming down on 82.50, hoping it can gash it so I can empty some CL shorts.
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving

#33 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:38 PM

Jeebus, Don Harrold is still pushing those ridiculous copper rounds (I have a bunch of them, only I call them "pennies") and says he is 75% sold out. Who is buying those things? Atilla?
Of course I'm caustic!

#34 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,541 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:01 PM

Radio Free Wall Street 1/7/10

Lee Adler talks about the initial unemployment claims fraud, the issue of Treasury supply and the Treasury‚€™s cash hoard, and the keys to the market‚€™s long term outlook.

Not a subscriber? Click here to hear a free preview. Reposting or linking to this preview is permitted and encouraged. Spread the word!

Or listen to a free release of the November 25, 2009 podcast.

To subscribe and hear this podcast right now, click here!

Posted Image Radio Free Wall Street 1/7/10 [28:28m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download
Subscribers, click player to start.

The following charts are discussed in this podcast.

http://wallstreetexaminer.com/uploads/image33.png

http://wallstreetexaminer.com/uploads/image34.png

http://wallstreetexaminer.com/uploads/image35.png

http://wallstreetexaminer.com/uploads/image28.png

http://wallstreetexaminer.com/uploads/image29.png

To view all of the charts in this discussion see Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition subscribers, click here.

Try the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time you don‚€™t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It‚€™s that simple. Click here for more information.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#35 TenaciousG

TenaciousG

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:27 PM

Psyche D - Not sure how tight $SGG follows the futures market but you could not ask for a better example of dark cloud cover.

Again will watch SB_F tomorrow morning.

Posted Image
Cynically optimistic

#36 mdporter

mdporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:28 PM

Bullish....

State Tax Revenue in U.S. Drops Most Since 1963, Study Says

http://www.bloomberg...id=a5OM27Cn39Yk

This one fact cuts through all the bullshit spouted by the financial media/white house press. Until tax receipts grow there will be no recovery. And until tax receipts grow, states/county/municiple governments will continue to cut their budgets.

Revenues are falling so steeply these governments will be cutting back to where their budgets were ten years ago (or more). Ironically for them, this will affect their tax receipts even more, because everyone dependent on state handouts will have a loss of their own income.

When this is finally over I think we'll be back to 1992 levels of home prices and government spending.
The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#37 mdporter

mdporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:30 PM

good god, Cramer is on my radio right now pimping getcramer.com, his new stock picking alert service. Trade like cramer, as soon as he does. Right.
The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#38 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:38 PM

I took a prior snapshot of Mr. Widget's day 4 area since last time it was shortened going into the holiday. You can see how day 4 had the yellow 5 day cycle histogram recover from below the zero momentum zone. After today is where we want to see the 8/5 day begin to wane back towards the zero momentum zone.

Attached Thumbnails

• widget1.gif

Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#39 shorty

shorty

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

good god, Cramer is on my radio right now pimping getcramer.com, his new stock picking alert service. Trade like cramer, as soon as he does. Right.

Attached Images

• gs.png

Cynical Pontificator of Crock Stocktology

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

#40 shorty

shorty

• Members
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:53 PM

Well of course firing has dropped off. There's no one left to fire.

Wed Jan 6, 1:14 pm ET - Lockheed Martin to cut 1,200 US jobs

4:42 PM Thursday, January 7, 2010 - DHL cuts will force layoff of 303 pilots by July

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

#41 shorty

shorty

• Members
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

Of course only Private Sector workers can be chopped

A lawsuit by Illinois government's biggest union challenging Gov. Pat Quinn's plans to lay off some 2,600 state workers is on hold as both sides try to negotiate a resolution.

Last September, a southern Illinois judge sided with AFSCME in temporarily blocking the layoffs. The court ruled the union sufficiently proved employees would be irreparably harmed if the job cuts went forward :wacko: and ordered Gov. Quinn to kiss the ass of the union boss in the town square at noon the next day.

#42 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:06 PM

This one fact cuts through all the bullshit spouted by the financial media/white house press. Until tax receipts grow there will be no recovery.

A guy at work was spouting off that his 401k had recovered to within a loss of $70,000 since the market crashed into last year. All I could say was that if he were to see a complete recovery of his fund, then I would have to think that crude would be back to 140 and gasoline at $4 per gallon along with a host of other real things inflating in price.

If not, then Ben has been doing a magical job at suppressing everything but the stock market.

#43 Jimbo

Jimbo

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

YOU CANNOT CREATE JOBS IN A CONSUMPTIONIST ECONOMY

You create consumers in a consumptionist economy

You create debt

You create bad debt

You create mortgage defaults

You create failed banks

You create bank bail outs

You create more trasheries

You create government debt defaults

But you do not create jobs :ninja: :ninja:
timoleon

#44 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:13 PM

Meanwhile, Augsburg Fortress Press, an arm of the Lutheran Church, suddenly realized that they had gambled away all their pension funds. So, due to a "loophole" that exempts non-profit corporations from normal standards of decency laws applicable to for-profit companies, they have just canceled everyone's pension. Seriously. Suddenly 500 retirees have no income.

The Lutheran Church (ELCA) has "declined to bail out" the pension fund. I guess it's not God's work to honor commitments made to people who have worked there for 50 years.

http://minnesota.pub...gsburg-pension/
Of course I'm caustic!

#45 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:25 PM

Meanwhile, Augsburg Fortress Press, an arm of the Lutheran Church, suddenly realized that they had gambled away all their pension funds. So, due to a "loophole" that exempts non-profit corporations from normal standards of decency laws applicable to for-profit companies, they have just canceled everyone's pension. Seriously. Suddenly 500 retirees have no income.

The Lutheran Church (ELCA) has "declined to bail out" the pension fund. I guess it's not God's work to honor commitments made to people who have worked there for 50 years.

http://minnesota.pub...gsburg-pension/

I think the loophole is: "a special exception for churches and their affiliates." Not sure it applies to every non-profit.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart