Photo

Jailbreak Coming M2M 12/30/09

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84,213 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:08 PM

Radio Free Wall Street 12/30/09

Russ Winter joins Lee Adler to discuss the current state of the market and the disconnect between expectations and reality, and the timing of a market “jailbreak”.

Not a subscriber? Click here to hear a free preview. Or listen to a free release of the November 25 podcast.

To subscribe and hear this podcast right now, click here!

Posted Image Radio Free Wall Street 12/30/09 [30:00m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download
Subscribers, click player to start.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#2 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:39 PM

While you're waiting, here's about 15 minutes of Kennedy Center Honors for all you Mel Brooks fans. Third segment is particularly entertaining.

http://www.youtube.c...u/6/p73pGudZ9Vg

http://www.youtube.c...u/7/jqoGHJfGwbw

http://www.youtube.c...u/5/niWuwipRdx0
Of course I'm caustic!

#3 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:33 PM

Biography of MED

Meal replacement day two: Down the toilet

by Trader Joe
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#4 Jorma

Jorma

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

The estate tax ends totally for 1 year only starting Friday. So if your involved in a situation where you have one or might get a piece of one perhaps you might look to some gentlemen like this to help protect or enhance your interests.

http://online.wsj.co...hNews#printMode

Attached Images

• mobsters.jpg

War is the last great hope of the incompetent to order the unwilling to attempt the impossible.
William Eastlake 'The Bamboo Bed'

Change you can suspend your disbelief in.
Fafblog

The Treasury

could burn down

We jammin still

Full Extreme   Ultimate Rejects

#5 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:19 PM

I always go to the head guy.

Attached Images

• GodfatherJPEG.jpg

Of course I'm caustic!

#6 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:21 PM

By the way, what I have read is that the estate tax is completely repealed for estates over 7 million, but if it's worth 3.5 million or less, the heirs have to pay capital gains tax on anything like the house, appreciated securities, etc. So, people with relatively smaller estates end up paying MORE tax than they would under the old law, while the very rich get out of jail free.

What a surprise.

EDIT: yep, that article posted by Jorma confirms it, but being the Wall Street Journal and all, they didn't spell it out the way the article on Yahoo did yesterday -- the lapsing of the current estate tax law hurts the heirs of anyone who has less than 3.5 million, who now will have to compute capital gains on everything and pay 62% to the government, while those with greater than 3.5 mill don't have to pay at all. In the past people did not pay capital gains, just paid a straight estate tax.

I don't think it's accidental that they didn't pass the extension. Should actually generate much more tax from the middle class than they will lose from the very rich.
Of course I'm caustic!

#7 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:59 PM

In case some come here who did not see today's IDS, this is where to go to download the 2010 Hooters calendar:

http://www.capitalst...p...st&p=784439
Of course I'm caustic!

#8 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:01 PM

I dumped my Johnny Deere putz today for a slight gain. I wasn't expecting much considering the lack of volume and volatility, but it was really mostly an effort in futility. I will reconsider DE and some of the other trash putz candidates next year. I will probably get up early again and maybe mess around with sugar for a bit, but my trading for 09 is pretty much in the books. Til next year....
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving

#9 Jetlag

Jetlag

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:22 PM

By the way, what I have read is that the estate tax is completely repealed for estates over 7 million, but if it's worth 3.5 million or less, the heirs have to pay capital gains tax on anything like the house, appreciated securities, etc. So, people with relatively smaller estates end up paying MORE tax than they would under the old law, while the very rich get out of jail free.

What a surprise.

EDIT: yep, that article posted by Jorma confirms it, but being the Wall Street Journal and all, they didn't spell it out the way the article on Yahoo did yesterday -- the lapsing of the current estate tax law hurts the heirs of anyone who has less than 3.5 million, who now will have to compute capital gains on everything and pay 62% to the government, while those with greater than 3.5 mill don't have to pay at all. In the past people did not pay capital gains, just paid a straight estate tax.

I don't think it's accidental that they didn't pass the extension. Should actually generate much more tax from the middle class than they will lose from the very rich.

There's only to things that are certain in life: taxes and death. Not necessarily in that order.

#10 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 84,213 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

Latest Story

Beginning Of The End- Professional Edition
December 30, 2009 By Lee Adler This week’s high is within the margin of error of centered moving average projections. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#11 Peek Paper

Peek Paper

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:35 PM

Further TSA rant ... I especially like the CNN nooze about nitrosniffing canines.

Let me get dat straight:

a dog

in an airport security line

sniffing crotches

for underwear bombs.

:D
The deeper you dig into a pile of dung, the worse it smells ...

#12 mdporter

mdporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:22 PM

What a surprise.

"They" need all the money they can get their hands on, in order to give it to their banker friends. These taxes are in place so wealth can't be passed down, making it easier for the old money to remain in power. People who've worked all their lives and paid taxes every step of the way shouldn't have to give more because they are dead.
The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#13 TenaciousG

TenaciousG

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:31 PM

I can't see anyone affording to fly anymore! UFB

3 Airline Tickets

$183 in Taxes
$120 in Excess Baggage fees (i.e. Checked bags >0)
Cancelled flight home - Priceless!
Cynically optimistic

#14 Ags Nightmare

Ags Nightmare

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:54 PM

I can't see anyone affording to fly anymore! UFB

3 Airline Tickets

$183 in Taxes
$120 in Excess Baggage fees (i.e. Checked bags >0)
Cancelled flight home - Priceless!

and you get an anal probe by a woman with a beard.....I've been around stocks for two decades and have never seen such complacency as I have now "defensively" and "economically"....

It may be a day a week a month or three months but no way we make it through 2010 spewing the recovery bullsheet we have been hearing....

Hyperinflation already happened.... dot.com bubble....pro sports salary bubble ( still in progress),,,,college education bubble...housing bubble....etc.........this is the unwind and the mad economic scientists are trying to push out the end game....I seriously think people have lost their minds...not here, but in general....WTF happened to the USA ?

We consume......................"gadgets" made in China.....thats our economy.
"I went out and bought an Apple Computer; it had a worm in it"....."When I was born, I was so ugly that the doctor slapped my mother"....'I played hide and seek; they wouldn't even look for me.'- Rodney Dangerfield

My Blog

#15 shorty

shorty

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:59 PM

Further TSA rant ... I especially like the CNN nooze about nitrosniffing canines.

Let me get dat straight:

a dog

in an airport security line

sniffing crotches

for underwear bombs.

:D

it's a livin'

Cynical Pontificator of Crock Stocktology

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart