Photo

Holding Over The Weak End

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
155 replies to this topic

#61 jickiss

jickiss

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:19 PM

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

speaking of Warrants, (ahem) never for da Boyz, but anyway,

you thimk Weimar???

wellllll,

you take a look at the coming offering of Warrants....

http://www.treas.gov...eases/tg415.htm

buy lo sell hi
"Every Bubble ends in fear and panic. This one will too." --Machinehead, March 29, 2005

On September 06, 2006, TRE closed at $6.50.
On September 19, 2006, CDE closed at $46.30 (adjusted for reverse split)

On Oct. 17, '06, Goldman (GS) closed at $183.07 (jickiss Sell) whilst Newmont (NEM) closed at $43.24 (jickiss Buy).

"Politics in America has become a playground of fictions. The politicians tell the public what the public wants to hear. Whether the question is social security, education, budget deficits or national security, the public wants to believe that things aren�t so bad." --Written by J.R. Nyquist, December 8, 2006.

"Private sector employees will never retire, they will work literally to death, dying sick broke and busted with absolutely no hope whatsoever." -- Shorty, on March 15, 2009.

"Luck is the most precious commodity in the world." Brisbane Bear, October 25, 2007.

"Luck favors the prepared mind." Mr. James Dines, back in the 80s, in "The Dines Letter."

"With Luck, anything is Possible, but without Luck, virtually nothing Good ever happens." --- The jickiss Mantra, sad but True.

#62 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,387 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:37 PM

What does "AGW" mean?

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#63 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,387 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:40 PM

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

you thimk Weimar???

wellllll,

buy lo sell hi

Good timing. Better get something while they can. How much dilution will result?

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#64 K Wave Rider

K Wave Rider

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 29,599 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:46 PM

GOOG now at 8 months without a touch of the 20 week MA (yellow). It is getting way overdue.

The question is does it correct sharply to the 20 week (or below) soon, or does it consolidate sideways until the 20 catches up.

Daily finally showing divergent high, looking possibly ready to roll. A move to the 200 day is also still a real possibility over the next few months.

See the blast off in HP in 1975 for historical example of high-flier blasting outta da hole, and returning to 200 day.

Also note how similar AAPL looks to HP at the top in '75, maybe another week or so of low volume levitation before they drop the anvil?

#65 K Wave Rider

K Wave Rider

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 29,599 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

What does "AGW" mean?

Anthropogenic (Human Caused) Global Warming.

#66 Trader Joe

Trader Joe

Phd, Douchebagology

• Members
  • 13,570 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:45 PM

jickiss is back!

...waits until the Bear is 6 feet away, then shoots the Bear in the Heart, with an A-row!
poof, Bear is dead...

Hey, Trader Joe!!!!

http://www.njherald....3BEARREPORT-web

Yep,

rumor has it the shooters Dad works on the Goldman prop desk....killing "bears" seems to be in the family's DNA

(get it, dead "bear".....BWHAHAHAHAH)

#67 capitall

capitall

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:51 PM

Jon Stewart on the weirdness of our brand of capitalism that ends making our economy totally dependent on
a Communist country. First few minutes of this video here.

http://www.hulu.com/...tue-nov-17-2009

#68 I'm Sorry Dave

I'm Sorry Dave

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:39 PM

While we're talking about what belongs and doesn't belong at our universities:

I found the following on the website of the business school where thirty years ago I got my MBA. I've been of the opinion for some time now that business schools don't really belong in universities, as they aren't really concerned with the pursuit of knowledge. But this article left me convinced that they don't really belong anywhere...

======================================
http://www2.haas.ber.../091116mfe.aspx

Haas School Newsroom

Top Firms Hire Financial Engineering Interns

11/13/2009

Goldman Sachs, Citi, Credit Suisse, Barclays Capital, and Morgan Stanley are among the top investment banks hiring Master’s in Financial Engineering (MFE) students for mid-program internships.

Sixty of the 62 students seeking internships have been placed, with the remaining expected to be placed shortly, according to MFE Executive Director Linda Kreitzman.

"The internship program is an integral part of the program; the firms test-drive the students for full-time opportunities, and the students apply the skills they have acquired after completion of 75 percent of the coursework," says Kreitzman. "The demand for the Berkeley MFEs is huge because our students have a very strong reputation on Wall Street and in other financial institutions."

All but one internship secured so far this year are paid, at an average monthly salary of $7,354.

Twenty-six students will work in New York, for such organizations as JP Morgan, BNP Paribas, Standard & Poor's, and Barclays Capital. Other students will hone their skills in financial centers ranging from Hong Kong and Tokyo to London and Munich, as well as in such US cities as Houston, Chicago, Boston, and San Francisco.

Alexandre Jacquet, MFE 10, was seeking exposure to interest rates, foreign exchange, and credit. He found it at JPMorgan in London, where he works on the derivatives trading desk in emerging markets. “Being on the emerging markets floor of such a player gives the opportunity to understand the rationale behind diverse trades and to be part of a successful team,” says Jacquet.

Fellow MFE 10 Alexey Orlovsky prepared for his internship by conducting several research projects for different asset classes. “Such focus helped me secure an internship at Deutsche Bank in San Francisco, where I currently investigate behavioral bias in asset allocation decisions of US pension plan sponsors,” says Orlovsky.

The students will work in their internships until Jan. 16, and classes will resume on Jan. 19.

#69 Dharmaeye

Dharmaeye

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:28 PM

Yep,

rumor has it the shooters Dad works on the Goldman prop desk....killing "bears" seems to be in the family's DNA

(get it, dead "bear".....BWHAHAHAHAH)

Naw, they will kill anything or anyone for a buck.

#70 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:57 PM

Try this for a little good fiction. ;)
Good Fiction

#71 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:01 PM

I find that incredible and preposterous. The top programs generate millions in revenues. Put 100,000 people in a stadium 8 times a year at an average $25 including the student freebies, then add the megamillions in TV revenues, and godknows how much in merchandise sales.

If there are studies that show these programs losing money, I'd like to see them. I Googled college football finances and came up empty handed on the loss side. When a school rakes in $50 million plus per year on football, there's no way they could lose money. Supposedly the football programs at these schools support all the lesser programs.

Here's the most recent piece I could find on football revenues.

http://birmingham.bi.../15/daily2.html

We're talking major programs here. Certainly the smaller schools could lose money on it. Not being a football power, certainly Minnesota could be one of them. I know Temple, with its attendance of 8-10,000 per game and no TV revenue loses money. Tax supported urban commuter schools with little fan interest should not be subsidizing these wasteful programs, that's for sure. But for schools like Penn State, I don't see any problem at all. That program makes huge money for the university.

http://www.cumberlin...7d872458831.txt

I have always heard that football and basketball are the only two college sports that make money, with football the big money maker. :rolleyes:

#72 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:16 PM

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

well, all this Tough Talk about Football, Duhh, did ja play Ball in School??? Duuh?

here is a real tough guy story....waits until the Bear is 6 feet away, then shoots the Bear in the Heart, with an A-row!
poof, Bear is dead...
in

of all places......drum roll, JOISEY!

Joisey, the Wild Kingdom, Indeed....Watch out, Joisey Bears! Hey, Trader Joe!!!!

http://www.njherald....3BEARREPORT-web

I guess he waited until six feet because he didn't want to take a chance on going to jail, when he is dealing with this kind of mindset.

He said the council will use the 2005 policy, which not only called for regulated hunts but sought further research on bear birth control methods, as the basis for a new policy.

WTF, bear birth control :lol:

#73 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:19 PM

Another stomach turner for ya Cap....

100 million dollar vote buy...of course, by today's standards...pocket change

http://blogs.abcnews...-care-vote.html

I am surprised she sold out for such a small amount. <_<

#74 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:24 PM

This is an interesting take. As a student of a school that is a national powerhouse in college football I believe there are some things that need to be taken care of. I hate walking around campus seeing these "studs" doing nothing but talking to the ladies. The attention they get gives them a ego boost that they wouldnt trade for a salary. Masses of beautiful women just surround these kids at certains spots on campus. I'm hurrying to class and there just sitting there enjoying all there emintities at the expense of my tuition. These kids have private tutors, and the tutors have the test prior to the player taking the examination. Its just too easy for them. But hey, every national championship they get nets the school $7 million. The revenues from the Florida Gator brand are unbelievable. I am there for the education, and the possiblility of graduate school. I do like the football team, and I do travel to most away games, but I want that paper so I can continue my education, to actually acquire some true knowledge. Sorry about the spelling, using IE.

Correll

Correll, learn your stuff and in ten or fifteen years when you are making a good living there will be plenty of good looking women around.
Remember the old C&W line
Honey, you got the money, I got the time. :lol:

#75 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:27 PM

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

you thimk Weimar???

wellllll,

buy lo sell hi

Why does the U.S. Treasury hire Deutsch Bank to do this? Why not an American bank?
Of course I'm caustic!

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart