The Twins

any ideas on YHOO after the bell? If we crashed from there it would line up with BBs fib. dates but it just seems to me there is a little left in this rally. Maybe down friday then up all next week thru OE once again with a good time to go short being next friday.......just a thought, seems were in the same set up as last month..

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From minyanville.com

For the month ended in May, margin debt increased at the greatest pace since February 2000, at nearly 8% over what was seen in April. There have been no other month-to-month increases greater than 4% during the bear market. The next-highest increase, 4%, was seen in May 2001, which of course corresponded to the peak in equities that summer. This increase does tell us that investors are becoming more comfortable owning equities, and on the surface that appears to be bearish. After all, if traders are so optimistic about the stock market that they are borrowing against their holdings, isn?t that a telling sign of complacency? Yes and no.

Traders buying stock on margin can provide a significant amount of fuel for further gains, unless and until the market begins to fall back again.

On the other hand, when investors have been stung my margin losses and brokers have liquidated a large amount of margined stock, the level of debt decreases and we see the ratio trough at a low level. This happened in 1970, 1975, 1982, 1991 and?now. In fact, we are currently seeing a record decline as far as this ratio is concerned. This is not terribly surprising since we also set a record on the upside only three years ago, but it is still notable. Also, I should note that the ratio has not yet turned up, but it is slowing its decline. If we have another increase in debit balances like we saw in May, then this ratio will finally have formed a low.

FWIW..

Specie,

Welcome to the best damn wesite on the planet for people like us. :grin:

I see you have been here a while but, never posted.

How cum yoo didint welcum me? :angry:

CMGI-Fan, welcome to the best damn site in the world for people like...uh...um...us.

Are you long CMGI from 165?

ATS running up, out of nowhere...this is one of my buy&hold Asian girls, patience...

wish you would have mentioned it when it filled the gap.....nice play

Whats up with KRY? any news? is it closed all day? I hope Im not screwed..

Archived