A thousand points of light

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fix is in. AAPL, savior of the world, is expected to have blow-out earnings after the bell Monday.

http://apple20.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2007/...-all-cylinders/

616812[/snapback]

Not now Drano...I'm rewiring some high voltage lineZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

post-1110-1193031987_thumb.jpg

One of the issues in the credit market that isn't even being touched yet, other than by Noland and a few here who have hinted at it, is the concept that credit was the driving force behind US and global growth since 2001. Not only does the market still have to deal with the fallout from the credit implosion (using a baseball analogy, this week was the ceremonial first pitch; earlier this summer was the singing of the national anthem), but going forward the mechanism's for growth the US and world have become accustomed, aka credit markets, structured finance and development, will no be engines of growth. We are still in the very early stages.

616743[/snapback]

There used to be a member on this board several years ago, who talked about the monetary system and its impending collapse. Unfortunately his forum is no longer accessible. What you mentioned above, he has figured out a long time ago. In fact, I am calling each of his long predicted events on the road towards financial collapse as Hypertiger markers that keep literally occuring right in front of us----he was known as Hypertiger. He was the smartest member here, however, not as articulate as Noland, nor likely formally educated in economics; he figured out how the monetary system really worked.

Ironically, I failed to appreciate what he was saying during his time here, because, of his incessant calling of imminent financial collapses. And as a result, I was just able to glean over some of the things that he said from other sources.

For example, Hypertiger used to say that credit is least expansive when in greatest demand. This is quite the opposite what most believe having been educated about supply and demand and the invisible hand setting prices. His chief thesis was that monetary system will eventually undergo hyper-deflation. Would you believe that the SIV Superfund is just another Hypertiger marker

The other guy that you should read is Russ Winter's blog on The Wall Street Examiner. He is another guy who figured out how things work.

CITI CORPS

A one decision stock - downwards.

O yes 100% certainty of rate cut end October - should produce a 200 point bounce before down resumes.

There will be a floor for stocks - where will it come from.

Well chinese will stop buying bonds and will start buying shares.

One of the issues in the credit market that isn't even being touched yet, other than by Noland and a few here who have hinted at it, is the concept that credit was the driving force behind US and global growth since 2001. Not only does the market still have to deal with the fallout from the credit implosion (using a baseball analogy, this week was the ceremonial first pitch; earlier this summer was the singing of the national anthem), but going forward the mechanism's for growth the US and world have become accustomed, aka credit markets, structured finance and development, will no be engines of growth. We are still in the very early stages.

616743[/snapback]

There used to be a member on this board several years ago, who talked about the monetary system and its impending collapse. Unfortunately his forum is no longer accessible. What you mentioned above, he has figured out a long time ago. In fact, I am calling each of his long predicted events on the road towards financial collapse as Hypertiger markers that keep literally occuring right in front of us----he was known as Hypertiger. He was the smartest member here, however, not as articulate as Noland, nor likely formally educated in economics; he figured out how the monetary system really worked.

Ironically, I failed to appreciate what he was saying during his time here, because, of his incessant calling of imminent financial collapses. And as a result, I was just able to glean over some of the things that he said from other sources.

For example, Hypertiger used to say that credit is least expansive when in greatest demand. This is quite the opposite what most believe having been educated about supply and demand and the invisible hand setting prices. His chief thesis was that monetary system will eventually undergo hyper-deflation. Would you believe that the SIV Superfund is just another Hypertiger marker

The other guy that you should read is Russ Winter's blog on The Wall Street Examiner. He is another guy who figured out how things work.

616815[/snapback]

Hypertiger's Temple of Doom should never have been inaccessible. Some time ago I had changed the settings to prevent new posts and I did not realize that this shut off access completely. That's been corrected. Hyper was mentally unstable, but they say there's a fine line between genius and insanity.

QUICK QUIZ

What country has provided better returns on stocks over the past 106 years

Australia or the US

Answer: its not the US

Real return Australia 7.8% pa

Real return US 6.6% pa

Australia has also had the highest return premium of equities over bonds at 7.2%

Better borrow and buy shares!!!!!

Also time to protect portfolios on the downside.

Archived