The Secrets Of Heaven And Hell

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or it could be 876, if they pull back to 875 here.

Iccchhh. I should take the day off.

By the way, tonight's Anals will not be published tonight. Will be published Jan 1.

That should say $14 not $4

they banged me for 14.95 each way....plus some bullcrap fee of 4.00 + sec fees.....etrade definately sucks.

Everyone should have at least two trading accounts.

One for high dollar stocks traded with smaller amounts of shares and comish charged on a per share basis (try Tradestation or Interactive Brokers). You then need another account which charges a flat $9 or $10/fee for unlimited shares (or at least up to 5,000 shares).

I use my Tradestation account when I trade less than 900 shares...which is most of the time......and I use Datek/Ameritrade conversion when I desire trades in excess of 1000 shares (those cheap NAZ players).

Of course, depends on how long I intend on keep the trade. Sometimes I will use Tradestation (which I always have open and running) if I want a quick in and out even with 1200 or 1300 shares.

But you really should have two accounts, two phone lines, two methods of access, etc.

Doesnt poweretrade offer $9 trades?

doc,

about the dollah. I read the anals and saw the dollar index chart and it really doesnt look like that a bounce is comming, but something says me that we will get a bounce in first few days of jan. So from which level would you expect a bounce, USD/CHF for example is due for a bounce from current levels.

Scottrade $14 round trip on market orders.

I cant believe you said market orders. :o You dont actually place these do you? If you or anyone is doing this, STOP! Get a TRUE direct access platform program to trade from (CyberTrader, Tradestation, Trade Portal, Tradescape, Executioner, etc.) and use them.

I cant tell you how many times in the past I tried a market order to trade and paid well above the best bid/ask. Sometimes your order is sent to the third market and you will get slammed with your price. You are giving money away if place market orders. There are few instances when you could not trade at the bid/ask with improvement and not beat a market order by the time it is executed. Just my experience.

For the record, Tradestation permits you to have "auto settings" on the order bar. You can set the "auto price incriment" to improve the bid or ask by whatever amount you choose if you are really wanting in or out of a position. Its a simple matter of two clicks to execute such a trade.

I realize I am a scalper and this may not apply to all people. However, I still rarely see the need to use a market order. I can tell you that Brown & Co (used to be $5 market orders) will sell your order for order flow payment and not get you the best price.

Ever see those "whacky" prints way outside the bid or ask? Ever laugh at that persons fill? That could be you with a market order. At best, you got a crappy price...at worst....you know have to call your broker and complain about your fill....assuming you actually check those things on each order.

Please people, dont use market orders. Please.

I do have a few accounts with morgan stanley...1 is full commision(i.e....$250- $500 a trade...and a choice account which you trade commission free and give them about 2.5% of your account each year....I get an institutional rate( i think 1.5%because my best friend is a vp at morgan.....

the only reason i have the account with morgan was because i used to get a crapload of ipo's....now even the ipo's tank,so i just sit in cash and play in my etrade account till i decide what to do..

Archived