Market Crashes Nearly 1/2%

Euro consolidating below 200 hour...would not be surprised to see something along these lines play out...

15 min also consolidating below 900 with 200 just about to cross over....

How'd I Do? Anyone else sell the opening pop over 1.47?

The ARE times when ya just kinda know what's coming, and this time it was a big ol' hangin' curve in the wheel house...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How'd I Do? Anyone else sell the opening pop over 1.47?

The ARE times when ya just kinda know what's coming, and this time it was a big ol' hangin' curve in the wheel house...

Did I mention how nice it was to see your avatar on the board again? :wink2: Just dinking around tonite, these look like a good test of the long and short of it. I've been waiting for this time and I hope your fractals this weekend are on the money. We need it, I need it, and, as shorty has said, they need it.

post-2253-1254103624_thumb.jpg

Cycles Reach an Extreme- Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Sunday, September 27, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Cycle based stock screening data weakened across the board on Friday. Most measures were also weaker than they were at the early September lows. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

But....we are taggin 200 day, so bounce is very possible in this area....if we also bust the 200, we will be in nuthin' but air territory...

Yen crosses have fallen off a cliff. I have been waiting on this move for weeks. You come back and things start to fall into place. Don't ever leave again! :lol:

I agree. I think that futures/derivatives are driving the stock market indices and the price of other commodities like gold, oil, beans, etc. But I suggest that the vast majority of people do not understand the power of what you are saying. This is in large part, I believe, due to ordinary people not understanding the difference in accounting treatments between derivatives and the underlying security.

Much more simple than that.

If a "big buyer" is buying index futures, then I as a fund manager can buy a sheet load of equities, and at the same time reduce my exposure by hedging through selling futures to the "big buyer".

Net net, the merkit goes up, and the "buy buyer" of futures holds the bag.

I as the fumble manager have little risk, and continue to charge fees on FUM.

Thanks uncle Ben.

I would just differ in that I think the intraday noise is anything but random. It is carefully designed and executed to separate you from your money. The market is never random.

That's my view, anyway.

Agreed.

Currencies, commodities, futures based merkits .. For anything that trades near 24 hours / day, I'd say that the patterns look identical in all tick timeframes. [Not time based timeframes].

For individual equities -- not so sure. Opening gaps are a biatch.

But WTFDIK.

US mortgages have recourse. But it's not feasible to litigate and enforce.

I'm not familiar with the details of the Canadian bubble. But they sure ain't running out of land up here. :lol:

And the little town where I live for half the year may be the cheapest place in North America that is at all desirable. $350K will buy you a mansion with a view. http://www.remax-quebec.com/fr/MLSRedirect.rmx?sia=MA8169917

Recourse here in Australia too. I spent a little time in a reamtail collections area. “Fascinating” area. Most troubles then [2005] were due to ppl getting seriously ill, and falling behind… Basically, at 90 days things get ugly for all involved. If it’s a short sale, the borrower generally will declare bankruptcy. Done deal.

Shorty,

it is very, very hard for me to imagine anything that could so move the masses to action to leave the public feeding trough.

huh? wha? where my remote? what time big game on?

we gotta nuf beers? hey who ate all the damn chips?

Pfffffzzzchitzzzzsqueeeeblublubsplat.......ahhhhh.......

whoooo baby! turn the fan on honey!

post-2457-1254110810.jpg

Archived