The Magic Wand Appears

e-gad, we're up a measly 2% off the recent lows and most everyone is already nervous having paranoid visions of huge melt-ups, jams, blagh, blagh and trying to outwit the market's next turn up when it hasn't even given any substantive signs whatsoever of a significant turn or pivot point.

I guess this is a form of slope-of-hope which means we continue to grind lower.

Hey, fine with me - wake me up when we get there :grin:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slinger winger:

Nice charts!

I think naz is cooked. I believe a downside breakaway gap happened. Need 10 to 14 days to test, if fails, down she goes. Looking at the time line of the un meeting and war projection, I think will never get filled

Looking at all the h/s on the indexes and the immediate future, this will be a doozie of a ride.

Gdp tomorrow, consensus is .9%. Think about it, last reading was 4%. If they are right and it comes in at .9 or 1.5, think of the implications of it. This economy is toast. Double dip rip and strip is knocking. Now mix it with green eggs and sadham and the bears will have a fiesta.

CYA

after all the charts I've seen,and all the ones posted...I see absolutely nothing bullish at all,especially longer term.looking at long term charts it looks like a magnet to 600 on the s&p to me.the short term swup does not have great volume and it is concentrated in just a few stocks.if mmm drops 25% alone the dow is in big trouble...thats a few hundred dow points right there,isn't it?

we rallied to resistance on the s&p...we should retest it tomorrow morning (maybe rally through it a point or 2)and drop again

I'm not the best technician,but thats what i see

Polyp - well said, welcome.

I can't post copyrighted material available through my work, but it seems that

Defense Dept. now thinks that Iran already has a small nuclear arsenal - or at the least the ability to soon make one. Can you spell NUKlear Prolifferation?

We will be hearing more about Iran and NK soon, as we heard last night in the SOU that they got our attention.

Anyway those Furriners may decide one day that those little green pieces of papar are no longer wanted if we don't want to play nice.

All policies of any government that derives it's political power from Fractional Reserve Banking whether Totalitarian dictatorship, Republic or Democracy are biased in favor of and forced into the perpetuation of Debt/money created out of thin air with compound interest attached. That?s why conservatives eventually look like Hypocrites and Liberals like mindless spend-o-holics and why the two party system in the United States of America appears to be ?one? or dysfunctional.

The policies of Governments that use Fractional Reserve Banking are subservient to compound interest? If Compound Interest is not paid the ?Power? to implement policies to maintain power ?shrinks? in proportion to the reduction in the monetary base or money/debt supply. If the policy is not changed to support the payment of compound interest on money/debt created out of nothing the government will either lose power or ?mutate? into something different than what it started out as? That is the explanation why politicians say one thing but do the other? because the advocation or enactment of policies or laws which curtail the central banks power to charge interest on money/debt created out of thin air is ?political? suicide because the monetary base Deflates, the economy slows down or collapses and the ?People? or ?Subjects? become angry and can easily be incited to depose the ruler or government while the opposition is waiting in the wings encouraging the people to do this, because when they get into ?power? or are the government they promise ?Things will change for the better? and the resumption of Compound Interest attached to debt/money created out of thin air to pay the compound interest on the previous money/debt created out of thin air will allow the ?new? Government to appear to have solved the problem and maintain ?power? and the ?status quo?. Central bankers ?divide and conquer? the opposition?

A Central Bank is where ?Political Power? (Money/Debt) emanates from. The Governments of the various nations that depend on Central Banking to ?manufacture? their political power for them are merely the ?Hired help? or Administrators of the people. To call them Leaders or Rulers is signifying that they control the nation when in fact the ultimate power in a nation which has fractional reserve banking as the basis for its ?political power? (Money/Debt) is the group or persons that control the central bank?

Forget Democrats and Republicans they are DOA...

About 2 years ago a friend of mine wanted to borrow money to buy some stock.

I told him it's never a good idea to do that. It would have been worse than a bad idea for him.

He worked at SUNW, and wanted to buy some SUNW stock. It was at $27 or $28 at the time.

Fast forward two years. Today MU anounces they are selling $500 million in convertable debt.

Makes sense, they are losing money every day, and might have gone broke this year

without more cash. (they might still) Here's the kicker:

"The company said it intends to use about $80 million of proceeds to enter into contracts to help

limit the potential dilution of its common shares from the convertible issuance."

http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/030129/ba_tech_mic...ron_debt_2.html

So today we get MU borrowing money to buy OPTIONS/LEAPS.

What bear market?

Archived