B4 The Bell Fryday April 2,2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I'm not sure of the exact defintion, it may be as little as 15 hours a week in an activity counts as employment.

I'm a websurfer then...Where do I get my check? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It looks like 300k additional part-time jobs were included in today's report, which coincidentally equals the total number reported.

"It is too early to celebrate," said Sung Won Sohn, chief economist at Wells Fargo in Minneapolis.

He noted that most of the increase was because of part-time workers. The number of people who worked part time for economic reasons rose to 4.7 million in March, up from 4.4 million the previous month.

What kind of jobs were added?

:huh:

That hurt. Glad I was short the Spoos and not the Qs.

This rally started off anemically but volume has picked up the last three sessions as the bulls make their way deep into that overhead supply of bagholders. At this rate, they're going to turn the bagholders into geniuses. Again. :angry:

I remain a bear which means I am toggling my account between shorts and cash. If I were a bull I would move between cash and longs. Hedged my shorts today, effectively putting me in a cash position. Frankly, looking at EWave and the oscillators, it is easier for me to come up with a bullish than it is a bearish interpretation of the sell-off and subsequent rally. :(

A spike in the CBOE p/c ratio (in the absence of a bearish reversal) like we saw this week typically is followed by a quick move up in the Spoos of between 1.5 and 3.0%. That translates into 1148 to 1165. We saw 1145 today and maybe that's all she wrote but I don't think so. <_<

:huh:

That hurt. Glad I was short the Spoos and not the Qs.

This rally started off anemically but volume has picked up the last three sessions as the bulls make their way deep into that overhead supply of bagholders. At this rate, they're going to turn the bagholders into geniuses. Again. :angry:

I remain a bear which means I am toggling my account between shorts and cash. If I were a bull I would move between cash and longs. Hedged my shorts today, effectively putting me in a cash position. Frankly, looking at EWave and the oscillators, it is easier for me to come up with a bullish than it is a bearish interpretation of the sell-off and subsequent rally. :(

A spike in the CBOE p/c ratio (in the absence of a bearish reversal) like we saw this week typically is followed by a quick move up in the Spoos of between 1.5 and 3.0%. That translates into 1148 to 1165. We saw 1145 today and maybe that's all she wrote but I don't think so. <_<

Since this is a bear market rally, there are no real bullish waves. We have a whole bunch of ABCX waves. No telling where it will stop. IMHO. Keep an open mind. :)

Since this is a bear market rally, there are no real bullish waves. We have a whole bunch of ABCX waves. No telling where it will stop. IMHO. Keep an open mind. :)

End,

Last year at this time I didn't keep an open mind and rode my shorts up so high my nose started bleeding. As I said, I am still a bear -- just a more cautious one. ;) I agree that, assuming this is a bear market rally, no telling where it ends. We know it will try the nerves and patience of the bears, though. B) At least I haven't developed a twitch :blink: twitch :blink: yet.

:lol:

Here's one possible destination...

post-20-1080944203_thumb.gif

From SI

<<it is probably reasonable to assume that most of today's knee-jerk market moves after the jobs report will be reversed. the devil is in the detail, or put another way, it's in the 'quality' of the report. 230,000 jobs added in health care and education, but ZERO in manufacturing? this sounds almost like a net negative for the economy at large ( i.e. no wealth creation )>>

Adding health care jobs is indirectly inflationary. Again, paying more for those things that we need.

From SI

<<it is probably reasonable to assume that most of today's knee-jerk market moves after the jobs report will be reversed. the devil is in the detail, or put another way, it's in the 'quality' of the report. 230,000 jobs added in health care and education, but ZERO in manufacturing? this sounds almost like a net negative for the economy at large ( i.e. no wealth creation )>>

Adding health care jobs is indirectly inflationary.  Again, paying more for those things that we need.

Prolly so. But look at the bright side, WH. It's not the WORST thing that could have happened.

After all, we could have added 230,000 lawyers. :lol:

Archived