My, Aren't We Full of Surprises

I am saying that PEI called for an economic low in March, which in some of the indexes was the low, while the others have made slightly lower lows.

The economic leader, which often times are the trannies, made a higher low in March, and an even higher one in July, and are now within striking distance of a new all time high, as we are in the time window for the PEI recovery into April 2009. So given the uncanny accuracy the PEI model has had, I am willing to entertain the idea of an election run recovery that lasts until Sell in May and Go Away time next year....

In order for this to happen, we need to hold the recent lows, as HUGE pivots have now been set. We have a slew of triple bottom formations in various stages of devlopment, and since they tend to be exceptionally bullish patterns in a bull trend, I am watching to see if they hold, as triple bottom breaks can be exceptionally bearish.

In any event, I do think the trannies are going to lead to the upside, should we make the run into 2009. Other indexes may lag badly, just as there was a mixed bag at the 2000 top.

I still expect major new lows in 2011.

Also, Armstrong doesn't expect Armageddon type depression to start until 2032, when the 310 year cycle that last toppped in the 1720's peaks out....

who knows about this stuff, but it has enough direct hits to interest me....and I am a big believer in cycles of all types....

Is that clear? :lol:

679358[/snapback]

FWIW, which isn't much considering i am not much of a prognosticator...mentioned it a couple of times but, ass blast into next year and final dump in late 2010 is precisely what i've had on my map since late last year using a number of different exotic tea leaves. Not necessarily preferred or expected, but boy it sure has been playing out so far. Lord knows how it could possibly happen, but new highs even come into play. Heck, by the time the election rolls around i could see a 150 SPoo points just on a capital gains relief rally if McSame won the election.

This whole thing is just so bizarre.

<edit>: yes, i said "heck" :P

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FWIW, which isn't much considering i am not much of a prognosticator...mentioned it a couple of times but, ass blast into next year and final dump in late 2010 is precisely what i've had on my map since late last year using a number of different exotic tea leaves.  Not necessarily preferred or expected, but boy it sure has been playing out so far.  Lord knows how it could possibly happen, but new highs even come into play.  Heck, by the time the election rolls around i could see a 150 SPoo points just on a capital gains relief rally if McSame won the election.

This whole thing is just so bizarre.

<edit>:  yes, i said "heck"  :P

679376[/snapback]

post-837-1218249056.jpg

This is how I see it:

Dollar up.

Oil down.

Gold and metals down.

Housing down.

Shtocks up today but still in downtrend.

Credit contracting.

No wage pressure.

Layoffs.

= DEFLATION

The Dollar may be the canary in the coal mine aftrer all ...

Euro weekly with HUGE break off the da top...I think there's a good chance we see at least the .382 retrace of the whole move up on this move, and it could happen in a matter of weeks....

1.30 is a long way down at 100:1

679338[/snapback]

A.382 retrace of the DX move from 01-07 comes in aboout 91.92. A big move from here. B)

Well I think we can safely say that Uncle Buck has cleared the 72 MA on the weekly USD/CAD chart....

Anyone notice even the slightest similarity to the GBP chart from 1977?

Dollar shorts, ye been warned.....

679340[/snapback]

I can't paste the charts,but the .382 retrace of the 01-08 gold move comes in at 724. We are already half way there. :rolleyes:

I can't paste the charts,but  the .382 retrace of the 01-08 gold move comes in at 724. We are already half way there. :rolleyes:

679388[/snapback]

If my memory serves me correctly (which it rarely does) didn't gold and earl get smacked right before the 2006 Senate elections (from Aug-Oct) and didn't they blame it on hedge fund blowups?Can someone post the charts of gold and earl for those timeframes.Thanks

Keep moving. Eyes front. Nothing to see here. Add to those oil shorts at will. Pay no attention to the propaganda of the rebel bandit running dogs in Georgia.

Fighting reportedly raged well into the night with Georgia's interior ministry saying early Saturday that warplanes attacked three Georgian military bases and key facilities for shipping oil to the West.
PoxNews

If my memory serves me correctly (which it rarely does) didn't gold and earl get smacked right before the 2006 Senate elections (from Aug-Oct) and didn't they blame it on hedge fund blowups?Can someone post the charts of gold and earl for those timeframes.Thanks

679389[/snapback]

scauth.jsp?symbol=USO&width=608&height=400&price.display=0&duration=4y&frequency=1&price.scale=1&VOL=&hideevents=1&barsofar=1&&scheme=blugray&snapquote=1&service=ProphetSnapCharts&scsave=1&randomize=0.7936426283808595

679389[/snapback]

scauth.jsp?symbol=GLD&width=608&height=400&price.display=0&duration=4y&frequency=1&price.scale=1&VOL=&hideevents=1&barsofar=1&&scheme=blugray&snapquote=1&service=ProphetSnapCharts&scsave=1&randomize=1.3017257625060516

Archived