Humble Beginnings

Al Green Threatens France, Trichet Bullhorns Dollar

Jan. 12 (Bloomberg) -- European Central Bank President Jean- Claude Trichet said the bank is ``concerned'' about currency swings, his strongest statement yet to suggest the ECB is becoming uncomfortable with the euro's appreciation.

``There was a mention by Europe that excessive volatility and brutal moves were not welcome and not appropriate,'' Trichet said at a press conference on behalf of central bankers from the Group of 10 industrialized nations after a meeting in Basel, Switzerland. ``We're certainly not indifferent.''

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded each morning. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool, a daily Anals release. Take a subscribatory and get the latest release of the Golden Stool from your Anals RIGHT NOW! Don't miss another Golden Stool!

Adecco shares dive on audit fears

Global employment agency Adecco's shares have dived 38% after it warned there may be problems in its accounts.

Adecco delayed the publication of its 2003 full year accounts, originally planned for 4 February.

The Swiss-based firm said it had identified "material weaknesses in internal controls" in the group's North American operations.

Adecco employs 28,000 people in 68 countries, and reported sales worth $20.5bn in 2002.

How many more companies will have to report inquiries into their accounts before the market realises that the surprises are the companies that DON'T fiddle.

Reminds me of drugs in sports, everyone knows that most of the world's top atheletes in almost EVERY sport are doping but in reality it's not in anyones interest to expose it. Think about it, the sport gets dragged through the gutter along with ALL the revenue paying companies and the sponsers etc. Far better to sweep it all under the carpet and project business as usual, that way everyone is happy and more importantly everyone EARNS.

The only big name athelete that I'd stake my life on that doesn't take drugs is Paula Ratcliffe the British long distance runner. Even Lance Armstrong (and I'm a massive fan and supporter) I can't be sure about because of his ties to an Italian doctor that is notorious for supplying EPO and under a long term investigation.

How many more companies will have to report inquiries into their accounts before the market realises that the surprises are the companies that DON'T fiddle.

Reminds me of drugs in sports, everyone knows that most of the world's top atheletes in almost EVERY sport are doping but in reality it's not in anyones interest to expose it. This about it the sport gets dragged through the gutter along with ALL the revenue paying companies and the sponsers etc. Far better to sweep it all under the carpet and project business as usual, that way everyone is happy and more importantly everyone EARNS.

The only big name athelete that I'd stake my life on that doesn't take drugs is Paula Ratcliffe the British long distance runner. Even Lance Armstrong (and I'm a massive fan and supporter) I can't be sure about because of his ties to an Italian doctor that is notorious for supplying EPO and under a long term investigation.

you'll know, look here... these get sold, 105's are the strike for hell to break loose.

Reminds me of drugs in sports, everyone knows that most of the world's top atheletes in almost EVERY sport are doping but in reality it's not in anyones interest to expose it. This about it the sport gets dragged through the gutter along with ALL the revenue paying companies and the sponsers etc. Far better to sweep it all under the carpet and project business as usual, that way everyone is happy and more importantly everyone EARNS.

We're veering off into LOB territory here.

Archived