How Recessions Become Depressions

Unfortunately the Lies: G.D. Pee! Halloween Day article, which was the basis for TRICK OR TREAT?, today's original topic here, is no longer at George Ure's website this morning* (did The Matrix make it disappear at 3 AM? :shocked ), but I did happen to copy, paste and email to myself the entire piece last night before I went to bed, :) , something I would be happy to forward to anyone interested in reading it.

Meanwhile here is another uplifting article that is still available:

*Turns out the Lies: G.D. Pee! Halloween Day article is still available after all at last week's column on his website. Thanks to Shebear for locating and posting this!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Golden Stool Long Term Outlook Update

Bullish But

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should read the Golden Stool! A daily Anals release. Take a subscribatory and get your daily release of the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

IVAN appears to be going into a Asian Exotica Meltup Mode.

HEC also on the move today.

Still plenty of Riverboating opportunities on the long side.

Big upside surprises coming up may be in the small cap or junior energy companies.

Thanks for the post, Maxxi.

See what else you can dig up in the energy sector.....

More bullish growth expectations:

The ISM index may advance to 55.9 for October, the highest since February 2000, from 53.7 for September, based on the median of 50 forecasts in a Bloomberg News survey of economists. That would mark the fourth straight month the index has exceeded 50. The report will be published at 10 a.m. Washington time.

ISM forecast

If the "Beat By a Percent" GDP number didn't help the market that much last week, why should "more of the same" from the ISM survey do so today?

Call me a dyspeptic skeptic, a high-dudgeon curmudgeon.

Good Morning-

To repeat a notice to Stooltrading members from Friday, just in case.

First a little housekeeping. This afternoon I will be adding the new direct payment gateway now in use for the Anals, to Stooltrading. This will not affect your subscription in any way, but it will require you to log in manually once, the next time you access Stooltrading. If you do not know your Stooltrading access user name and password, please go to your account at Paypal.com and look it up. Click the link for Capitalstool Trading subscription creation. The details of your subscription, including user name and password are there. The next time you access Stooltrading your browser will ask you for your user name and password. Type it in manually, and check off the box telling your browser to remember it. After that it will contiue to awork automatically just as it does now.

This will have no impact on your current Stooltrading subscription. Automatic renewal will continue via Paypal unless you cancel or your credit card expires.

Many tanks,

Doc

Also, if you are an Anals subscriber via Paypal, please note that when your credit card expires, your subscription gets cancelled. It runs until the end of the term. You can then re-sub thourgh Paypal or through Doc's secure direct payment gateway. If you want to avoid the hassle, make sure your credit card expiration date in your Paypal account is upated as soon as you receive your new card. For subscription help, see the FAQ's on the subscription page by clicking Subscription Help (Login, Password etc.) in the left menu.

Many tanks.

Unfortunately the Lies: G.D. Pee! Halloween Day article, which was the basis for TRICK OR TREAT?, today's original topic here, is no longer at George Ure's website this morning (did The Matrix make it disappear at 3 AM? :shocked ), but I did happen to copy, paste and email to myself the entire piece last night before I went to bed, :) , something I would be happy to foward to anyone interested in reading it.

Meanwhile here is another interesting article that is still available:

Glad. Article is still there. You have to clik on last week's column under the free readers services..

Interesting interview with Charles Biderman from Trim Tabs this morning on MayorTV. Commenting on the fact that inflows into stock funds in Oct were the highest since Feb 00, he said we're "back in the bubble" and just like then insiders are selling but small investors refuse to believe them. Also made some comments about the mutual fund market timing issue only applies to global funds, so no worries about domestic funds?

ELBO: sales look to be DOWN 7% this Q, the buying last Q that made them raise forecasts now being attributed to things (new releases, etc) other than the general recovery they thought they saw.

Archived