No Longer Science Fiction

Monkeys control robotic arms with thoughts

Scientists in the US have developed technology that allows a monkey to control a robotic arm purely by thought.

It is the first time thoughts alone have been used to move a mechanical object, reports The Washington Post . . .

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should read the Golden Stool! A daily Anals release. Take a subscribatory and get your daily release of the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Both mortgage apps and refi apps plunged taking out last weeks rise and more.

Purchase apps fell 18.6 percent, to 359.0, its lowest level since the week ended April 25.

refi index dropped 22.1 percent to 2,340.1, lowest level since the week ended Aug. 29

Overall home mortgage applications fell 20.5 percent, bringing the MBA's market index to 649.6, its lowest level since the week ended Aug. 29.

Both mortgage apps and refi apps plunged taking out last weeks rise and more.

Purchase apps fell 18.6 percent, to 359.0, its lowest level since the week ended April 25.

refi index dropped 22.1 percent to 2,340.1, lowest level since the week ended Aug. 29

Overall home mortgage applications fell 20.5 percent, bringing the MBA's market index to 649.6, its lowest level since the week ended Aug. 29.

Tanks.

The economy is stalling out despite the pronouncements of Intel and most economists of a "strong" fourth quarter. This slowdown may not show up in retail sales statistics, etc., until October figures are in (not in today's number).

looks to this observer like the US consumer will never capitulate, and the Chinese consumer is coming on line sooner than expected, which is ALL GOOD for US multinationals (i.e. DOW companies). I see no reason why we can't hit Jim Curry's suggested 1160 on the SPX sometime next year. All bad news is good, but there's more signs of genuine good news everyday. LOOKIT The housing refi bubble has popped and it made zero difference to housing prices, the economy, or the markets. Let's face it, reflation has it warts, and it will cause problems eventually down the road, but not until 2005-06 or so is my guess.

GM 3Q income of $425 million on $44B in sales. $44B quarterly revs a hell of a long way to go for a 1% profit margin. GM nothing but an employment agency that futzes around with metal and glass to keep people busy.

As Puplava would say, all these earnings are CRAP.

I cannot believe (well, yes I can) that they can trumpet these earnings without noting what they would have been INCLUDING "special charges".

Pro Forma CRAP does not matter. They are as useful as an unrevised employment report. Wait for the revision.

I 100% guarantee you that when we look at GM's real earnings in a week or so, or whenever they are released, that we will find that their earnings INCLUDING "special charges" are much, much lower.

Further we'll find that most or all of their juice came from their financing division, probably concentrated in their mortgage division.

Again, "What's the correct multiple for a large cap company that is not growing?"

Things are rapidly spiraling out of control.

SNDK up another $5.00??? That puts it way out in front of ScottCardiff's fibo nacho numbers posted 3 months ago.

Next stop $100???

Trash stock TMTA up another 40% in the PreMarket.

How many open, unfilled gaps can you get on AMZN??

Looks like we either gap and crap right here, or the market is going to go parabolic like Jan. - Mar. 2000.

No price high enough. NVLS, INTC, KLAC, SNDK, BRCM, AMAT, ASML all bonering up based on INTC's narrowing the range of their capex spending plans to the mid-point of the expected range. Aint no mountain high enough. The experiment has succeeded.

don't forget TMTA, under 2 until 9/15, over 5 pre-market. I think someone put a price target of 5 on it during that time - wonder what they'll raise it to.

from minyanville.com

we'll need to watch how Treasuries trade early this morning. The weaker they trade, the more likely it is that asset allocators will push stocks back down. However, from the big picture standpoint, I've written that, as long as the corporate bond market continues to pull away from last year's near meltdown, it becomes more likely that 1050 eventually gets pierced. On that front, junk bonds tightened another 12-15 basis points yesterday on top of the 45 basis points that they had already tightened this month, meaning that junk is now a little ahead of equities and increasing the chances that we eventually get through 1050.

Archived