Mark to Market Memorial Forum

made some $ on rmbs short but didn't cover my jnpr short, so added more shorts to jnpr...

I went 100% short Monday...I think I went short a bit too early though...the last couple of days I was bleeding just watching my monitor, and no, it's not that time of the month yet :P :P Got my stops and money management, so no biggie if I am wrong...

sad to see Mark not here, will miss him :cry:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...its going where it belongs. Stocks will too, especially the tech trash. Bully has to take profits sooner or later. The mad rush out the exits should be quite amuzing.

Like I've been saying for quite some time, panic now avoid the rush.

Appears that the currency anal cyst/trader on Bloomberg the other day was correct when he said the dollar was going to make a major break in the next couple of days. This could be a big move. Will it take stocks with it? Blair -- President of EU? What the heck is that all about?

Moment of truth soon... I think it's going down, but I'm not in...I'm just stacking silver so I could careless where the market is really going because there can only be a recovery after all debt is vaporised/consolidated... or do you begin a recovery when you are being raped... or after?

Then lets say they punch through the upper resistance, if they couldn't sustain it for 3 years how can it be sustained now? for how long? And with the Mortgage and Refi biz crapping out... It's stupid really...

post-7-1050554851_thumb.gif

Trying to find a job and falling off the radar......

"The coalition's research showed that 3,220 people, about 45 percent of those surveyed, no longer had unemployment benefits. Many people are no longer tracked in the state statistics, Hanson said, which means that the white-collar jobless problem is more severe than the stats suggest."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3828235.html

drip,drip,drip.....ka-flange.

HRFF still thinks we probably, by late May (now extending time FURame to mid-June) will see S&P pushing the 600's.

At some point, in this trading DErangeD? exhaustion will set in, unless it can launch meaningfully to the UPside**. Maybe he's wrong, maybe the lassitude of horizontal meandering the averages have languished in FUR half a year can be perpetuated indefinitely. Certainly those in HIGH places (don't ASSk what they're SMOKING!!!) would have it thus. Bears have been whipsawed in large nos. Here, stalwarts bite the dust in FURustration at the seemingly endless machination(s).

**The BARE thinks the funnymentals make that happy issue FUR bullz almost, literally, out of the question.

And he doesn't see any Sigma 10 event on the POSITIVE side to ignite and sustain it, either.

Unemployment stats? They're understated here AND abroad.

Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap. I wonder..............are these people stoolpid, selling these "great stocks" at such "bargain" prices? Are they perma bears maybe? Do they consult e-waves or astrology before they sell this crap? Oh yeah, and while I am on the subject of crap, I think it's crappy that Mark's gone. Take care Mark. Sell in May and go away, I guess (a few days early). :P

I have shared with you weekly is the long term regression channel projection analysis, which shows the market weaker now than at any time in the bear market.

The DOCstahhh...

HRFF said earlier today this market is so WEAK it's pathetic.

Glad to c u agree, Stool.

All they can do, at BEST, now, is maintain a trading range. That can't go on indefinitely. If they can't take 'er UP out of it, meaningfully, gravitational FURces will resolve it, negatively. It's the financial equivalent of Chinese water torture FUR a bull.

Russell sez no one wants to sell. Well, not quite no one. Someone is. Regularly. Keeping the averages in this trading DErangeD. Facilitating HAYWIRE theory, which, BTW, kicked in, again, today, on shhhhhhhhhEDuuuulllllle ass the Britz would say.

in reading noland's article this week, its interesting how greenie tries to support his "no r.e. bubble" babble with reasoning that transaction costs are high, so its harder to have a r.e. bubble vs a stock market bubble (notice that when he says stock market bubble he uses EXISTS rather than the past tense)... guess it depends upon one's perspective, but the high transaction costs will likely increase the pain as the bubble unwinds... he also fails to consider 10:1 leverage in r.e. (90% LTV - actually higher with 7% avg. down payment) vs. stock equity margin requirements.... the FACT remains that unwinding a r.e. bubble will likely be more painful and disruptive than simply getting a margin call or losing money on a tech stock - when the r.e. bubble unwinds people will be losing their HOMES; custom or otherwise and people wont be able to push the mouse to cut their losses! looks like i get the last post of the night! :P

Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap. I wonder..............are these people stoolpid, selling these "great stocks" at such "bargain" prices? ?Are they perma bears maybe? ?Do they consult e-waves or astrology before they sell this crap? ?Oh yeah, and while I am on the subject of crap, I think it's crappy that Mark's gone. Take care Mark. Sell in May and go away, I guess ?(a few days early). :P

:lol:

Play the long term trend down - its inevitable. Ignore the short term noise bullshit rally moves. :P

"Rayok Style"

SELL ALL RALLIES STUPID (SARS)

Rayok, everytime we had a strong rally and was tempted to believe in the "bool case" I recited three words to myself: Doc, Rayok, OpEx. :grin:

Archived