The End of an Era

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First post, long-time lurker.

Mark, I've read you here from day 1. You're a tremendous writer, making clear what can be obscure. Very funny too. I cannot believe how you've managed to come up with such great stuff day after day, month after month.

You, along with many others on this site, have greatly assisted in my awareness of the scum and hype circulating in our financial markets. I'm not much of a trader, but find fascinating this game we're all playing and how the great minds here see things, act and react.

Thank you for your contributions Mark. You have helped me mucho. Please write again if and when you get the inspiration. Stay strong.

Who's peeking out from under a stairway

Calling a name that's lighter than air

Who's bending down to give me a rainbow

Everyone knows it's Wndysurf

Who's tripping down the streets of the city

Smiling at everybody he sees

Who's reaching out to capture a moment

And Wndy has stormy eyes

That flash at the sound of lies

And Wndy has wings to fly

Above the clouds, above the clouds

Who's tripping down the streets of the city

Smiling at everybody he sees

Who's reaching out to capture a moment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest RiffRaff
M2M brought me to stool.

Me too.

Me three.

Thanks for all your efforts. No need to apologize. The most important thing in life is to be happy. If this makes you happier, then nuff said. Good luck to you in all your endeavors and Godspeed.

BW

Me four, I found this great site thanks to Mark. B)

April 16, 2003 Headlines

INTEL & MICROSOFT JOINTLY ANNOUNCE SARS CURE

GREENSPAN DISCOVERS $300 TRILLION OVERSIGHT - BUDGET NOW IN SURPLUS

SYRIA PROVIDES NEW HOMELAND FOR PALESTINIANS - TURNS OVER BIN LADEN & HUSSEIN TO U.S.

JESUS DESCENDS TO EARTH - DECLARES GEORGE BUSH EMPORER OF THE WORLD

OPEC LOWERS PRICE OF OIL TO $1 PER BARREL

GOLD TO BE CONFISCATED AND DESTROYED "FOR GOOD OF HUMANITY"

REAL ESTATE EXPECTED TO DOUBLE IN VALUE OVER COMING YEAR

NEW JOBS PROGRAM PROMISES FULL EMPLOYMENT BY YEAR END

SIMPLEGUY SAYS "I TOLD YOU SO"

Plunger

I too first came here for M2M, It will be sorely missed.

Thank you for all your hard work. Your euphemisms, metaphors and vivid images will live in the minds of your fans for a long time.

Madame:   How in the heck can they sustain this rise given all the tick they have spent?  Do they have an unlimited supply?

It's a HERsterical thing, lol.

Actually, I have no idea how much further this is going to go, but WH and I were just looking at the 20 and 50 ema of the tick on a daily chart. It seems when the 20 rises above the 50 by more than a "normal" amount, the top is in, at least for the next couple of days.

Today's 20ema is above the 50ema, but not by a huge amount. So by my highly scientific eyeball methodology, I would say we could see the same tomorrow, or maybe the top is in already. Either way, we're working towards a top and I'm not that bothered about catching the exact peak.

MWH

PS: This doesn't seem to work very well for predicting bottoms.

Simply amazing to watch bears give up in the middle of a bear market.

Thanks a million Mark for all your hard work writing Mark to Market.

Or as Easy Al would say, I'll print a couple extra billion dollars for you tomorrow.

Never say never to the comeback. Things will get real wild second half, I guarantee it.

Btw, I have printed out your updates every single day for the last 10 months. Think twice about closing the door for good.

Mark,

Like others I found the stool last year thanks to your columns. Thank you for all your hard work, it made for some great reading.

Perhaps when (if) the implosion begins you and Budda will both be back in fresh and top form. I can see why there is nothing left to say right now... because nothing has changed in 5 months.

Until then, take it easy (need The End to repost the Eagles song, one of my favorites!)

Archived