strikerm3- I worked with a bunch of endovascular laser guys in the earlier 90's, the problem was collateral damage to healthy tissue and fragmentation. SPNC traded only 14K today, most of recent high vol. (>100K) days have been to the downside. Insider buys look smallish to me.

These small cap biotechs can rocket and crap out in a heartbeat. Plus, no offense, you sound like too much of an insider. It deserves watching, though.

doc - separate thread for small craps with caveats. Vol <50K/day or market cap <100M or sumptin like dat

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

strikerm3--maybe odd question, but why buy odd lots like that? Why not just 1000 even? I always thought odd-lots meant like 56 shares, or 142,you know, those times when you're short of capital but want as many as you can swing. TIA :unsure:

I am very uncomfortable with this business of touting stocks here. I don't like it one little bit. Before I promulgate a Stoolrule, I would like public comment on the proposed rule.

I'm not sure what the rule will be, but it will severely restrict or even ban touts of any but large cap stocks. It would also require a serious technical and fundamental analysis of the stock.

What say you? What restrictions on touts?

They had their chance to "get" Saddam and it looks like they blew it. Finding him now will be like finding the needle in a haystack. FUR too many bolt holes.

Sigma 10 isn't needed FUR a major upside move. More like Sigma 999.

Sigma 2 needed to put this puppy thru the floor, tho.

HRFF wishes best of luck to all those about to go long in a big way.

In the same way Roman emperors reviewed their legions marching off to battle.

I am very uncomfortable with this business of touting stocks here.  I don't like it one little bit.  Before I promulgate a Stoolrule, I would like public comment on the proposed rule.  

I'm not sure what the rule will be, but it will severely restrict or even ban touts of any but large cap stocks. It would also require a serious technical and fundamental analysis of the stock.  

What say you? What restrictions on touts?

What do we mean by "tout". If Piles says he likes PRX we all know he likes the chart, or the group's chart. Not insider info tipping of the kind proscribed by the Texas Gulf Sulphur case and its progeny, as I understand it. But, Strikerm3 seems to clearly have special info that could only come to someone very close to the company, as he apparently is. So his passing it along makes us tippees and I believe acting on it is a violation. Between these two cases is a sea of variations. Maybe Bare can help.

I would hate to see tech recommendations of individual stocks verboten.

I just ignore posts like that Doc. But in the interests of protecting more naive stoolies, a rule might not be a bad idea. Had a brother who was a stockbroker who used to call me up to buy shit stocks -- silly me believed him a couple of times and have some worthless stock certificates as a reminder to myself. He was naive enough to believe the stories at that time and so was I. ;) Always some rumor and innuendo and "news expected in the next 2 weeks." Fortunately it doesn't happen much here.

I don't mind stocks touted on TA though as that's something I can verify for myself.

Stool, your CON>>>Sigliere tried to warn you, gently, obliquely, of same a LONG time ago. He'll try again:

This is SNOT legal advice, BTW, Stool!!!

HRFF thinks tolerating stock touting here a VERY bad idea that might, possibly, get u X-wise with the powers that BEE one day, even though they've a lot of more egregious targets to chase after. Why chance it?

Commenting upon, offering opininions about the future overall market direction or of it's more widely followed averages or groups of stocks/indices on a board like this is, probably, one thing. Saying to go long or short specific stocks sans caveats coming out your ying yang is probably SNOT a good idea. There's an awful lot of it on the web. Leave it to da UDDERS. Frequency of the phenomenon doesn't make it condonable.

HRFF suggests you squelch all touting of specific stocks, immediately, lest you be put, unwillingly, in a posture of having tolerated it as a practice or pattern should someone w a regulatory itch who doesn't much care FUR yurrr perspective decide to pounce.

Kill it, now, and make those who've done it stick caveats all over their "suggestions".

It's hard FUR those gaming individual stocks both ways to keep quiet about their triumphs. But HRFF suggests u consider adopting a policy they do just that.

If they really want to make an issue of it, it's already happened. Odds are they aren't going to - Wall St is full of much nASStier characters to occupy their limited resources.

I think (UH-OH) that there is a difference between touting a stock based on "inside skinny" and posting a position taken for funnymental, T/A, Stoolweathers, due diligence, or whatever you want to call how trades are chosen. Inside skinny smells of tout/hype and probably should be barred. JMHO

50 and 200 day MAs are still heading south on DOW, SPX, Nasty. The 50 day MA is still below a new recent "bust low" and equity p/c ratio is at levels commensurate with all tops since Mr Bear began.

Prices have hit and have pulled back from 200 day MA.

...and many people are bullish on the broad market?! :lol:

Wow, go figure...perhaps one more chop pop up but that's about it.

If we get that last pop up it'll probably setup a ton of negative TA divergences and really froth up sentiment more so, right up against major resistances.

I may be dong some excellent stocks because I'm opportunistic and see them going higher regardless but as far as the broad market play I'll take a bear fund over a bull fund at this juncture anyday.

Archived