Indecent Indecision

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Financial Sense Wrap up

Great Commentary by Puplava tonite....Managed Markets.

Snippet...

For this reason, as I wrote yesterday, after the markets fell sharply the US authorities couldn?t allow a drawdown to take place in the financial markets because if it did, inevitably a stock market crash would follow. Therefore, you will see another pattern that develops besides trying to avoid drawdowns. A drawdown is a series of consecutive down days that escalate as stock prices plunge, leading up to a stock market crash. This policy of preventing drawdowns has been obvious since last July when it appeared that the US stock market was headed for the abyss.

I'm outta my shorts at 855-840, for the time being. No point in playing Tarzan.

I'm off to record my wedding video on dvd via my computer. I love this new system. :grin:

See ya later.

Doc,

alfred looks cool! keep it fur a while.

You guyz are sick pups, I love ya

SG has his swagger back after taking the gloves off and getting back to my 1-3 day swing trading techniques... I must have lost my mind after Jan 23 or something....

SG again reiterates a possible 28.35 high for C coming on Q's, dont ask me how I came up with it... I was 5 pennies off the 27.38 high on Friday, and I dont suspect I will be far off on this one.

1470 NAS for sure...

Hoping to re-enter 200% DONG at 25.91 to 25.50 ish range tomorrow via Velocity.

God help me... market is shrugging off so much bad bad bad news that I have to assume this wave 2 goes up a good tad more yet...

See ya Tomorrow on IDS

Seeing that outrageous flagpole rally today clinched it for me. I'll continue to hold my commodities fund, all my precious metals funds, and cash. But instead of shorting the bumps, I'll be donging the plunges. If I can, I play both down and up on equities. But the ups are way faster, more violent and, increasingly, more predictable than the downs. I'm not trader enough to be right all the time, but if Fukui, Al Green and Fukuda are going to line up on the dips and resist the plunges, well, I'd be a fool not to follow them with my little trades. Long term bearish, midterm bearish, and in every way conceivable, bearish, but day to day, I'll dong those dips and try making some money for a change.

Renee Richards!!!!!

Well I was actually thinking of Goldern Richards. Old timers like Doc may recall that name too.

Acturally it is obviously Alfred as a sort of Spanish pimp I think.

I've seen White House meetings between Al and Dubya mentioned on IDS yet can't find any news stories on it. What gives?

GF, I was teasing with those "extreme" numbers but if an a-b-c wave ct is right and we hit close to Dec 2 highs sentiment will be ridiculous. :P

Anything is possible as long as the war goes well and from now on, I doubt that we hear many media reports to the contrary. Franks wants to enter Baghdad on the 28th. b4 had drawn a line in the sand at 920. I said that I could see 960 with a real outside possible of 1000 even on the S&P. The administration, the FED and Treasury are all on board. Approval ratings, interventions and war. This market is going to be slammed and jammed for as long as it takes. But then what? How can da doyz stop providing the coked out market the drugs it needs? Will they allow a global meltdown, or are they now themselves trapped?

Simple Guy, Really glad to see you come out with the Joe Frazier uppercut. As J. M. Hurst says on page 26 of "The Profit Magic of Stock Transaction Timing": "Far and away the most important factor in the overall profit-maximization picture is the influence of PROFIT COMPOUNDING". (emphasis added). Book available in Doc's bookstore. Good luck and keep your right hand up and keep jabbing to wear the bastard down. :D

starting to think that the absolute unlikeliest scenario is the market being allowed to tank....to the point that it even seems more likely that it would be closed on some pretext first. this feeling'll pass, i suppose. maybe.

doc, kickass, you look like the cat's fluffy ass. you should raise your rates. after grandfathering all of us, that is. :D seriously, last time i saw you you were selling tabs at a JGB show, when'd you get into hurst cycles?

That's pretty big ?:shocked

Are you sure that they are natural and not artificial ?

They look natural.

You can put a pencil under the overhang of one and it would stay there.

When I was working down on one of the islands, there was a self-styled

decorator who was redoing look of the lobby of the resort where I was staying.

Her's were perfect hemispheres. Far to large for her frame. Very obvious just how fake they were. Mind you, a lot of guys liked it.

Anyways, she put in these low glass tables everywhere with razor sharp corners.

The guest kept walking into them with their bare legs and cutting themselves.

So she had to order these rubber end protectors and glue them on using silicone.

But she ran out of silicone. She wasn't the brightest bulb on the island.

I was having lunch with a bunch of guys in various building trades who were down the repairing the damage from the last hurricane. She came up to our table and asked,

"Does anyone have any silicone?"

I had to look away so she wouldn't see me laughing my head off.

Another guy spewed his food his food across the table and tried to his laughter with a coughing fit.

It was a while before one of the plumbers could look her in the face and say "No. We're out."

After they left, the jokes started.

"Why? Did you spring a leak?"

"Need a refill?"

Etc.

I don't think she caught on.

:blink:

Archived