Fukuda, Eifuku And The Teflon Market

Hello, anyone here, hello, helloooo! One freakin page and only a few limping, bruised BEARS around-wow. ...

We have now retraced 50% of the big fall from January the market keeps going higher but the rally is weak-low p/c ratios, low trin, narrow breadth and no volume-is this not Wylie E Coyote over the cliff and defying gravity?? Bob Prechter pointed out tonite that we have had +1000 tick readings eight days in a row an all time record-the only thing close was a seven day string of +1000 days-do you remember when??? Yup-Jan. 9th of this year AT THE TOP. Still short and nervous-Trade Safe!

Brian4 - yesterday you mentioned a web site called marketclues.com - I tried it but couldn't get it to work. help pleaz!!

Still short also and getting more nervous by the day. One thing I have learned the last few years - never, never, underestimate the mania and desire for folks to be in the market for the next bull run

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, business is bad. Nobody's subscribing lately, but you are buying lots of books.

:) Many tanks!

Did you notice today that the entire issue of RealMoney was free? Not surprising, because, except for Fleck and one or two others there, that's what it's worth.

But they must be hurting for subscribers.

I need to learn from budda.    I must have more respect and faith for my statist govt.    THey know all and see all.    Btw anyone see how weak the philly fed was?   or how about unemployment claims?   Mu bleeding money for what seems like 3 years running.   Oh yes, focus on the war.     A very sad state of affairs.   THis country /govt/fed Absloutely refuses to deal with its problems, just paper it over with easy money and credit,  have john and jane tap into the last 10 grand of equity on their homes,  cmon lets just consume, borrow and then consume some more.    How did things get so far out of hand?

We had the greenman put. Then more recently we had the OBL and family capture put. After the bad results from INTU & MU, the media is now hitting the "secret surrender" story again. Is that the next put? Isn't the whole idea to keep every tom, dick, harry, and jane frozen in place? Whose gonna sell or go short when there is another rocket ride hanging out there like a ripe bananna?

The trick is going to be to know when all the big boys have sucked every dollar they can on the long side and are positioned to benefit from a ride down. Then and only then will they pull the plug.

Anyone brave enough to hold a short over the week-end?

How did things get so far out of hand? Easy -- its all about power and greed and power and greed. Pushing the limits and beyond until there is no way out. Hypertiger has it right. No one wants to deal with or now, can't deal with the problems. No way we'd be at war now if it wasn't needed for cover by the power elite.

The next ride down is going to be something though. Oh baby, it will be a shocker. Could set off extreme measures like Red Alerts to close things down, so be prepared for anything.

From Quicken

"Thursday, March 20, 2003 05:27 PM ET

Palm Turns to 3Q Loss Amid 29% Drop in Revenue

MILPITAS, Calif. -- Palm Inc. (PALM, news) turned to a net loss in its fiscal third quarter as revenue dropped 29% amid poor demand and hefty charges.

For the quarter ended Feb. 28, the maker of personal digital assistants, or PDAs, late Thursday reported a net loss of $172.3 million, or $5.93 a share, compared with net income of $2.9 million, or 10 cents a share, a year earlier."

Link -- http://www.quicken.com/investments/news_ce...ar&column=P0DFP

To those of you working Boots and Coots (WEL). Found a Business Wire report that Manuel Asensio will be talking about this and other stocks -

HOUSTON, Mar 20, 2003 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Manuel P. Asensio, famed short seller and investor advocate, will appear live on Corporate Strategies "Not For Widows and Orphans" segment Sunday at 9:05 p.m. EST. We will discuss specific companies Asensio & Company has researched such as Rica Foods. We will also discuss this week's AMEX volume increase leader, Boots and Coots International (WEL, Trade), and take live calls from our listeners concerning short selling, legal or illegal. Listeners may call in live toll free at 877/266-7469 or listen live via the Internet at www.businesstalkradio.net or on over 275 local affiliates nationwide. The "Not For Widows and Orphans" hour of Corporate Strategies is co-hosted by Tim Connolly of Corporate Strategies Merchant Bankers (www.corporate-strategies.net) and Mike King of Princeton Research.

Perhaps somebody can summarize here... I don't get BTR over the waves...

Ano

$10k in bearx from 2 days ago down about $80. If we get another huge up, will prob add to it... is that a good contrarian signal?

Adding is what I plan to do. Will probably ladder in. Hardest thing for me to do is assess when to start. It's amazing how little Tice has lost in the circumstances. If only he were running the country's books... :rolleyes:

Doc

But they [RealMoney] must be hurting for subscribers.

That's my guess. They lost mine and a friend's sub this year, though I stopped reading all but Fleck by last June.

stiffed

Loads of people on the board tonight. Understandable.

I did ok today, listened to the Doc and Tomlinson and bought 860ish sold a little early but made a few. Added to the short position near the close. We should get down to 853 min. soon and probably lower.

Don't pay any attention to me. I relax my simple mind by posting lyrics on a bear message board. :blink:

With personal bankruptcies soaring in the US and a new, more stringent, bankrupcy law in the work it's interesting how differently bankruptcy is viewed in Japan, the world's 2nd largest economy.

Bankruptcy in Japan

People in Bankruptcy shouldn't lose their head

Sorry looks like there's some trick at the JapanTimes site to prevent linking.

Like clockwork, fade it to maxpain, square daboyz positions then run it up. Lookin to leg back into shorts , have enuff ebay and amgn already...lol. Sold all my gfi today to chase some hi beta pigs....PCR getting interesting ...need to watch the charts ....GO DUKE

It seems a lot are thinking up and up and up...., be very careful as we are near a top--hmmm I think I said this before, hehe. I saw at least two jam jobs today and the market went no where. Tomorrow close will tell me more. I opened a short position today 1/3 in shorts 2/3 in cash. Of course I have my stops in just in case I am wrong :blink: ---I am wrong a lot. :rolleyes:

Remember that Risk/Reward thing that we all learned in school? The risk at this moment for the longs are growing while for the shorts are shrinking, Ah but most shorts have been blown out. :angry: The market tends to do the opposite of everyone expectations.

War is never good for economy!!!

Oilman

Archived