Always The Low Price

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What will you do if even the "always low prices" will not get you the customer?

Give it away free? ;) ;) ;)

Where is the profit in that.

Make it up on the volume LOL

:lol: :lol:

make it up on the balance sheet

like that Injun CONpany

figgers don't lie butt liars figger

*WSJ: Obama Team Says Money In Stimulus For More DTV Coupons

that is for the digital TV transition.........

Now people who can't afford TV can watch the economy implode in Hi DEF!!!!!

Another example of a great government "giveaway" program. Everyone who needs one of these boxes gets to pay $70 instead of the $25 these will cost once the gov't stops subsidizing them. Our taxdollars at work!

Makes me wonder if the whole switchover REALLY has anything to do with the FCC wanting the bandwidth -- or if, in reality, the whole switch to HDTV was actually the brainchild of some Congressman's cousin who is in the converter box manufacturing business...

shorts are their own wurst enema

we coulda penetrated 8600 turday butt chickened out

who afraid the disemployment reamport?

I expect a full million jobloss :ph34r:

That will another excuse to rally - lower interest rate from FED ... oops ... FED fired it last bullet a while ago :lol:

Don't worry bullz will make up something ....

Another example of a great government "giveaway" program. Everyone who needs one of these boxes gets to pay $70 instead of the $25 these will cost once the gov't stops subsidizing them. Our taxdollars at work!

Makes me wonder if the whole switchover REALLY has anything to do with the FCC wanting the bandwidth -- or if, in reality, the whole switch to HDTV was actually the brainchild of some Congressman's cousin who is in the converter box manufacturing business...

I don't buy that. The cable companies sell the basic analog to digital converter boxes for more than that. Even here in Canada the basic box is around a hunnert bucks.

Hedge Funds Lost Record 18.3% as Managers Misjudged 2008 Market

By Saijel Kishan

Jan. 8 (Bloomberg) -- Hedge funds lost 18.3 percent in 2008, their worst year on record, as managers misjudged the severity of biggest financial crisis since the Great Depression.

Losses and withdrawals reduced industry assets to $1.1 trillion last month from its peak of $1.9 trillion in June, according to Morgan Stanley

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...refer=worldwide

Folks that is 800 Billion reduction in HF ASSets. No wonder market cann't get a boner up. :o

That will another excuse to rally - lower interest rate from FED ... oops ... FED fired it last bullet a while ago :lol:

Don't worry bullz will make up something ....

Don't rule out lower rates. Buried on their website is the Fed's listing of their current "promotional" sales:

Borrow $10 million, get a free set of steak knives (Ginsu Knives, no less! -- enter coupon code FALLINGKNIVES)

Borrow $100 million, get a free trip for two to Disneyland (airfare not included -- enter coupon code MICKEYMOUSEPOLICY)

Borrow $1 billion, get a free set of 4 snow tires (enter coupon code KEEPINFLATED)

Borrow $100 billion, and you get an honorary board position on AIG (enter coupon code ANYONECANRUNABUSINESS)

and the "big one":

Borrow $1 trillion, and you get a private dinner with Ben Bernanke and Hank Paulson at a restaurant of their choosing (you have to pick up the check -- enter coupon code OMGTHISCOSTHOWMUCH?)

Stomachache .... will lead to a headache

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/08/business...mp;ref=business

China Losing Taste for Debt From U.S.

By KEITH BRADSHER

Published: January 7, 2009

HONG KONG ? China has bought more than $1 trillion of American debt, but as the global downturn has intensified, Beijing is starting to keep more of its money at home, a move that could have painful effects for American borrowers.

I don't buy that. The cable companies sell the basic analog to digital converter boxes for more than that. Even here in Canada the basic box is around a hunnert bucks.

Well, we can't have Americans smuggling in illegal boxes from Cananada now can we, eh? :o

I'm sure the box manufacturers are charging everyone the same bloated prices, so I would expect they'd cost the same in Cananada as they do here right now. That will change once the subsidy is gone.

Nah, I don't know. I'm just going off what a tech friend of mine who designs chips for Intel told me. I assume he knows something about costs, but maybe he's full of it.

Funniest thing I read all day ....

Congress Urges Spending Restraint

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...9010701156.html

Do you think congressrcritter is getting worried that sheeple is going to notice a 1 Triilion+ missing from SocSecurity ... naah.

Maybe they are worried they won't have a country to screw around - once China buys out eveyrthing.

Obamanomics is already a sight to behold. Trillion dollar deficits every year. Borrowing into eternity. Exactly whom does he think will lend us the money year after year without a chance of getting it back?

So much stimulus talk too.

I believe it is going to blow up in his face and watching the blame game is going to be prime entertainment for our HDTVs.

Archived