WHIPLASH! WHIPLASH

OK TZU... which one passed out... and maybe it was because they had not eaten in a while instead of the heat??... :blink:

post-1110-1153784980_thumb.jpg

Bung

BTW, Miss Switzerland was INCREDIBLE!

post-1110-1153786102_thumb.jpg

Bung B)

Not sure. It was on the news in the background.

I like the 2 in the middle and the one on the left end.

I think that is Miss Switzerland 6th from the left..

Bung :rolleyes:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still riding my moped of a stock, ATAR. It is great fun to be on but not to be seen on by my friends. It's cleared it's 50mA where I've been long since 0.64.

This has been one of my best trades this year due to the fact that I accidently added a 0 to my buy transaction. I didn't want that much exposure to a penny stock but it has worked out great so far. After I bought, it tanked but wasn't able to set up a panic sale as I wasn't around a computer for days. I'll just brag to my friends that I am brilliant trader instead. :P

Those leveraged ETFs are also great - QLD is ultra long Naz and also has an ultra short equivalent. Not quite x2 Naz reutrns with 3.62% instead of 4% but I'll take it nevertheless. Better than Rydex for flexibility but spreads on ask/buy can be relatively large.

The way ETFs are spreading, the days of mutual funds are numbered. I like USO as vehicle to trade crude.

post-1120-1153788725_thumb.jpg

Hussman article:

http://www.hussman.net/wmc/wmc060724.htm

I thought this was a particularly important part:

". . . .because the U.S. has ascended a mountain of debt upon which there are currently no promising directions to climb. All of the growth in U.S. gross domestic investment since 1998 has been financed by foreign capital inflows, and while the Federal government continues to expand the stock of U.S. debt, the appetite of foreigners for new debt, in addition to their existing holdings, can hardly do anything but slow."

The other thing I noticed from people I know is that their own debt levels are increasing because they tapped the so-called house-ATM. And amazingly enough engaged in the adjustable rate "deal", rather than getting a fixed rate loan when interest rates for fixed rate loans were low. Why? I suspect the reason is that the adjustable rate lenders are less-critical of the underlying financial wherewithall to meet the obligation. Hence one finds an adjustable rate lender who applies a 125% lien (DofT) for a so-called "Quick" approval loan for a jumbo. Now someone who bought a house originally for about $100,000 can find themselves with a lien of over $725,000, and little to show for it except a new landscape project, a now old paint job, and mostly for paying current bills out of future ideas about what their income in the future might be. I have no idea how anyone could do that to their financial future, when they might have discovered they needed a smaller debt and a small house to make ends meet. Instead, they'll take this type of loan with its onerous outcome and take part of the proceeds and spend it on international vacations among other things. This little story is anecdotal to your larger institutions as well. And raises the question: exactly how much debt can I get myself into before I get totally scared enough to stop spending, and what happens then?

Years ago Michael Mischel of Stanford University had an interesting observation as the result of his simple test. I think the Fed ate the marshmallow before the interviewer even left the room (although it did issue a press release about why it ate the marshmallow and gave a computation on how many marshmallows it could consume before severe indigestion resulted) and now stands as an icon to the immediate eaters.

Joe Osha of Merril Lynch recently completed a report analysing very strange divrgences from normal expectations during the 20-day period following options grants--

The study was devoted to share prices in the Sox sector--the time span was 1997 to the year 2002 (My goodness, it took them this long,to complete their forensics

Companies investigated were:

KLA---MARVELL--NOVELLIS--LINEAR TECHNOLOGY--BROADCOM--MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS--TO Further confirm the general cloud of suspicion hovering over the entire sector, he also did an analyis of vitesse

I'm convinced that a good bet would be to purchase a basket of leaps, spanning ,let us say, some ten or more of these fish in a barrel--

Big time trouble is brewing here--and I think the lawyers and their hordes of losers are smellin' "The meets a-cookin"

In short, creating your own personal etf,comprised of these sox-sectored shares, biased towards the downside, doesn't sound bad at all

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: any comments? After all there could literally be thousabds of companies in a jam;also its around thi time of the closing of the carnival that everyone starts engaging in a game of moral dodgeball

Here's another good one, although outdated from Feb. 2006.

http://www.cross-currents.net/archives/feb06.htm

EFTs and valuations.

The major money is not parsing through individuals but roving as though, gasp, day trading.

Nymph

Heres a thought I just had that may be totally off the wall. But Im compelled to state it publicly:

When a criminal has had a long and succesful run and knows the law of averages is abut to catch him and his gang by th e throat he ,if intelligent, starts to think about strategies for mitigating the full force of the law when hes outed

Meanwhile he must worry about giving himself away to his confederates because if he does they ,alternatively,may either strike him dead or they may choose to become the first to rat on the mob (hedgetarians and S &B houses) and thus gain first place in the witness room.

At least, if he's first to spill the beans he gains first plce on the honor roll of witnesses, and therefore mitigation in sentencing--

Take all of the above nad ask yurself :How much time is there left for gaining the honorific title of TRUTHTELLER;wouldn't Merril Lynch be doing itself a favor by polishing its reputation now, and thus gain an edge for the next 20 years????

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: After all,unlike individuals, Institutions try to avoid committing suicide

More on the Mob of Banksters turning rat--Im thinking of an exotic sector of communications theory labled Zoosemiotics--the study of animals and their methods of communication--

By virtue of the above description of the herds maniacal trading style, a fitter title for examining couldn't be found.

The frenzy,the mad waves of jealousy amongst the hedgetarians, sweeping them into animal-like trading compulsivity, without rhyme,nor mind or reason is as close to exhaustively listing the motivating ingredients used towards getting human beings into behaving like suicidal lemmings as ive ever seen.

I believe Newman and Hussman are stating this thesis although heavily disguiised.

Sornette had ssome obscure mathematical formulae exhibiting this behaviouur--and if memory serves me correctly he even used the zoological term HERDING

BEARDRECH :ph34r: :ph34r: Oh give me a Home where the Buffalo Roam and the skies are not cloudy all day

Goading me on to the above thoughts is the unending coarsening of our culture along with its ever expanding criminilization

my naked July index calls expired worthless :P Friday butt they aSSigned me on my putz :) (Sep fuctures auto-dong) which bonered nicely today so I sold covered calls for Aug B)

wanna play again? :D

once again to all the option buyers out there, thank you for your bidness :lol:

Just an observation here. Both gold (gld) and the gold miner gdx stopped their correction at 50% of the prior move. Could be bullish or could be pigmen action... we should know soon.

Bung :unsure:

Archived