Bully 10k prop jam reversal

I think a basic problem of IDS is that we have not more than maybe 10 active daytraders, the rest lurks or has just larger timeframes. So i dont know if it would really make much sense to morph IDS into a real daytrader forums. For that the board would have to be much quicker, but then I guess it wouldnt be possible to post charts, youtube videos, funny pics and so on. But thats entertaining and I like it. I dont think that IDS should become a real active daytrader forum, there are so many of them on the web and I think many tradewrs communicate via instant messaging with other traders, or via skype and stuff like that. I dont think that we need just another daytrader forum where people write "i go long here i go short there.....".

See, trading is also a lonely business, so one needs entertainment, at least the Euro-stoolies trade 12 hours and more a day, but one cant stare at the screen 12 hours a day, one needs entertainment from time to time, I mean I cant poke my finger up my nose the whole day, sometimes i like just to post youtube videos, like that one:

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE1Aq-r96nw.swf

:lol:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys are forgetting the time zone problem.

I like being able to read the relaxed off-topic stuff in M2M, and then flipping over to the IDS page that Aussiebear has already started, that pretty much stays focused on market information, instead of being diluted by having a post with world market action in between stupid cat pictures.

Have to agree with Drano here - functionally its nice to have IDS focused on trading while M2M more of an open forum. As for the aesthetic aspect I am all for it. While the site is known and feels comfortable it has that feel of an episode of A&E hoarders. :)

mypicture1r.jpg

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :lol: As has been noted, there is a different tenor to IDS and M2M that is functionally useful. I can see cleaning up the unused boards, and if possible, speeding up the page loads, and even changing the graphic design some, but I vote to keep a distinction between the trading and debating boards.

What a nice week. Thank you sir, may I have another? I have the feeling that we are not yet at an IT bottom.

I don't understand why that can't be done Program'O Magically....

Or why either the person who starts the M2M, or someone who notices it's going, can't just post a link.

How 'bout an honor system, where whoever thinks of it posts a link? I bet it will get taken care of most days, if people just know that it's something that needs to be done.

Gov't.'s desire to annihilate the private sector middle claSS, including pole-axing 201k values before CONverting the rest to Social Security (you'll get only one, not both, those who save nothing will get exactly the same as you) is exceeded only by its desire to dupe the maSSes with more false hope

hence turday's Gov't S&P 500 futures purchases ta greenprint a happyending showclose

post-2457-1265412544.png

Or why either the person who starts the M2M, or someone who notices it's going, can't just post a link.

How 'bout an honor system, where whoever thinks of it posts a link? I bet it will get taken care of most days, if people just know that it's something that needs to be done.

I have been opening it lately because if I don't,sometimes it won't get opened until a few hours after the close.I don't mind doing it,but anyone can feel free to open it before I do!

Well, that's what I'm getting at. A lurking process knows when the mahket closes and waits until the new M2M is started, then could redirect all new comments from the IDS to that thread and posts a link to it. Until that event occurs, all new comments are posted to the current IDS thread. The reader/poster is updated to the new thread when that event occurs.

Simple, eh?

B)

I'm thinking of going to a one thread per day format. That would simplify things for newbies who think we just disappear for the rest of the day, depending on which forum they are reading.

I am also going to have to do a new design for better ad placement, and a few more bells and whizzers.

What say you? Is it time to go all modren? Hard to answer, I know. We're all so used to the Model T.

If readers are leaking because they aren't aware of the AH thread switch, then that's the answer right thar.

Although, I used to like how you talked about M2M as some sort of after-hours lounge....drinks half priced etc....

I think a basic problem of IDS is that we have not more than maybe 10 active daytraders, the rest lurks or has just larger timeframes. So i dont know if it would really make much sense to morph IDS into a real daytrader forums. For that the board would have to be much quicker, but then I guess it wouldnt be possible to post charts, youtube videos, funny pics and so on. But thats entertaining and I like it. I dont think that IDS should become a real active daytrader forum, there are so many of them on the web and I think many tradewrs communicate via instant messaging with other traders, or via skype and stuff like that. I dont think that we need just another daytrader forum where people write "i go long here i go short there.....".

Have to agree with Drano here - functionally its nice to have IDS focused on trading while M2M more of an open forum. As for the aesthetic aspect I am all for it. While the site is known and feels comfortable it has that feel of an episode of A&E hoarders. :)

mypicture1r.jpg

I don't understand why that can't be done Program'O Magically....

This isn't the issue. It's not about changing the character of the discussion at all. The two forums essentially run at different times, with just a little bit of overlap in late evening. There's not much on IDS while M2M is open and M2M never gets any posts during the day anyway. The reason that the character of the discussion differs between the two forums has to do with the time of day, nothing else. During the day, people are naturally more focused on the market. At night and especially on the weekends, their minds wander to other topics of "interest"... ahem. Even if there were just one thread per day, that wouldn't change, but I think a day thread and a night thread makes more sense, just because one thread would be too cumbersome.

There's no reason to need to link the two threads if they were both in the same forum. People would see the table and the threads. We could close the day thread whenever Aussie opens the night thread.

You guys are way over complicating this, I think.

I just think that you ladies and gentlemen create such great content here that if we made the structure and format a little simpler, we could grow the community and have even better discussion. We can always use a little new blood, and I want to make it easy for people to find us. Right now, it's not.

jickiss is back!

jickisss is back!

and

yes, Doc, the weak-end Philly Snow Job is now beginning, at 7:35 pm, Friday, Feb 05, 2010.

expectations call for something like 15 inches, winds at 40 mph, drifting expected, shocking wind chills to create dangerous conditions, and flooding at da Shore, for good measure....

jickiss!!!!!!!

Archived