The Panic Continues

Guest AssMaster

For some reason I feel like saying - "Intergenerational Ass-Handing" :P

Think of the big picture. At some point this will turn into a cycle of marginally lower lows and lower highs until at some point a higher high is reached. We will need all the help we can get.

It's us against them boyz...maybe we need a boogeyman to declare war on or something. I heard that works in some cases.

Hey, you can all hate me if that will make things better. :) I will be the designated asshole whipping boy until we can find a real one, okay?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guyz, GUYZZZ!!!!

Rodney Dangerfield, Jr., Esq., here.

Cool yurrr JETS!!!

Life is too.....uh....er......ummmwhatizzit?.....ohYEAH!!! SHORT! LOL

HRFF is short (possibly on BRAINS, too, but so WHAT!!!)

No wizecracks, now, Doc... :lol:

Now, listenheer:

HRFF hASS been hangin out on stk mkt related BOREDS since mid 1995 orwuzzit 1994? :o

ANYHOO every now and then on EVERY board he's frequented folks would get TESTY w each UDDER. :rolleyes: And it got to be such that when they did, it often signalled some sort of TURN in the mkt. :shocked In fact, one board, Crystal Ball, orwuzzit Traders-Talk? he thinx, even got to laconically looking at it as an INDICATOR. :unsure: LOLOL

Sew......mebbe we're on the cusp of a move of some consequence in the market given the bickering here of late. B)

Say, if LIFE is too short, The BARE hopes HE isn't too short if a rally enSUES . LOL

Speaking of "jets" from the "Jet City", the FT today reportz Airbus this year is expected to eclipse Boeing FUR the FURst time in no. of planes sold.

Look, every state is running a deficit. That's NEVER happened in OUR lifetimes. The consumer is fading....fASSt. Capital investment of any real consequence has ground to a screeching halt. Bankruptcies are rising inexorably. The stock market is breaking NEGATIVE records that stretch back DECADES. The govts of the West are reflating like mad and it's having NO real effect on either equity markets or economies. Debt levels are stratospheric. War clouds gather.

And these idiots on Wall Street think we've commenced a new bull market?

Oh, the FT had an article on the EU's chief diplomatic rep, who says there's a growing rift w Europe and the U.S. Why? Because, he says, Americans, especially Mr Bush, "backed by an influential Israeli lobby" are viewing things increasingly in a lexicon of RELIGION, all black and white, either for or against, good and "evil" (one of The Shrub's favorite and oft-repeated words), a war as opposed to a fight w terrorism. He cites the tendency of Americans to view Yassir Arafat as a terrorist, as an example.

"The moral certainty of a religious America, he argues, is difficult to replicate in a secular Europe."

Leaving aside the irony of those "secular" Europeans, who plunged the world not once, but twice into unspeakable horrors by dint of their ideological fanaticisms and and political rigiditeis, lecturing the US for destabilizing certainties, he does point up our increasing isolation, globally, and that isolation, he says, is extending to those we have long taken FUR granted.

We may not like what he has to say about us or our Israeli friends or his putatively FUR more "secular" point of view, but he is Europe's leading diplomat, namely, Mr. Javier Salona, the European Union's foreign policy chief, and, thereFUR, not to be dismissed lightly.

You would never read such a story in our media, unless it slipped up and printed, in some liberal NE rag like the New York Observer, something by somene oh, say, like Gore Vidal or Nicholas Von Hoffman, FUR ex. One has to roam abroad to find what UDDERS are thinking of us. Even in the redoubts of heretoFUR stalwart allies.

And the FT perhaps THE international "organ" of financial journalism, is hardly a seething hotbed of liberal radicalism. LOL

Guest BEARDRECH
TE...thanks :lol:

For anyone out there worried (paranoid) there is substantial upside, forget about it. We're hitting the ceiling here.

Last time %sells was this low (%buys this high) was Jan 16, 2002. Massive declines always ensued. :grin:

Sorry Pudlow and Creamer...NO SOUP FOR YOU - NEXT !

HEY PILES WHERE in the h... do u and all the rest of the stoolies get these charts? Some of them look like jackson pollock productions right out og Dr frankensteins basement--They're alive I say they are alive!!!

Quite aesthetic if not completely understandable...

Oh yes even though its like being at a tea social ,with my pinkie finger up, daintily dipping my social tea biscuit into a piping hot cup of ORANGEPEKOE & PEKOE tea, only to have someone signal me that my fly is wide open i l will still admit to buying something called ENDEAVOR (i forget the symbol) a crazy unknown gold mutual fund WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS AND TELL ME IF ITS A POS OR A STROKE OF INSANITY-- DO I NEED A LOBOTOMY OR WHAT??

beardrech :P :P

Guest The CoinGuy

Hello Fellow Stoolies,

For those who follow Steven Williams "Cycle Pro" Updates. He posted yesterday.

CyclePro

Bare, I see you out there. I went ahead and followed your advice on Roger's Raw Material Fund, doesn't look like there really is any other options out there.

Take care all and have a good night,

The CoinGuy :D

BITING THE COBRA PART TWO

Clearly the Cobra for bears is the next big down.

For some on this board it cannot come soon enough.

But the Cobra remains stubbornly resistant to bear growls.

What bears need is a VIX below 25.

It is now 28 only THREE POINTS AWAY.

SOON SOON SOON.

Those making long money - grope quickly.

Mark, I know that the market "feels" more volatile - but how do you actually measure it?

If you look at the 14-day Average True Range, or at the Bollinger band width of the COMPX - they have been steadily declining. The volume has peaked long time ago (look at its 60-day EMA):

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$compq,uu[l,a]dacayiay[df][pf][vc60][ilr14!lyb20,2.0].gif

Looking on a similarly long-term time frame at the $VXN - it seems to be in a downtrend, too - it's 200-dma is significantly off its top...

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$vxn,uu[l,a]dalaynay[df][pb200!f].gif

So, why does the market "feel" more volatile? Is it simply because we have already forgotten what it was during the April 2000 crash?

Regards,

Vesselin

$BPENER recently went above 80% and is now down over 6%

So is there a worthy short amongst energy stocks?

The energy sector ETF - XLE hasn't done much.

Any thoughts?

Yep, XLE definitely looks like an intermediate-term (3-6 months) short. The BPI went overbought, turned down and crossed below its EMA:

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$bpener,uu[l,a]dalaynay[df][pc20!a30!a75!f].gif

A classic signal.

Regards,

Vesselin

With Ameritrade (ex Datek) I note the stop is termed GTC and only lasts 30 days.

Is that right? If so I assume I need to keep track of my stops to make sure that they don't expire?

It depends on your definition of "right". :wink2: Datek sucks, but I have yet to find a better one.

BTW, you'll get an automatic e-mail notification from them when your GTC orders expire - so you'll know to re-establish them.

Regards,

Vesselin

At ease. At ease.

I began telling y'all months and months ago that the cycles were lined up for the market to go sideways into February. So what's the big deal. It's following the script perfectly.

Observation.

Anyone else ever notice on money.cnn.com that when the market is falling it seems like they only update the quotes every 20 minutes or so, however, when the market is rallying they update like every 2 minutes!!!

Archived