Before and After....

Hi Guys,

I think I was one of the original ?finders? of this wonderful site, back in March or April or May of 2001, when the esteemed Doc was still finding his way and his most frequent and eloquent (?) poster was Bare Before He Became ?il consigliere?. After having been head of eurobond sales for a Japanese bank in Belgium and local stock index futures trader in Amsterdam (AKA that crazy old BEAR) , I returned to the States in late 2000, thinking I could trade my way to riches from the sierra madres, unshaven, dressed in a bathrobe, I posted a bit back then, but always felt intimidated by the eloquence of others, never sent any money, paranoid about the US ?internet business model? then I lost it all (short the whole way, believe it or not) , 80% of the losses due to commissions. Doesn?t matter. Got a job as a clerk in a sporting goods/liquor store in No Ca. Came back East (my original home ) Again, doesn?t matter. Back on my feet again now, selling insurance, and Still short SP at 980 (on credit). What a fool !

I am finally posting to let you know that the honesty, knowledge, insight, humor, writing skills, indefatiguebility(?), and the balls of most of you guys has been an inspiration and joy to me. I lurk every minute I can, for knowledge and more importantly for entertainment. You guys are my sanity .The greatest site for people like us.

Some personal thanks to the players just because you are who you are. Doc, knowledge, fairness, honesty and unflappability. Brian, cool, calm, patient, and consistent.( but I never see any GOOD astros :blink: J. MH, brilliant, funny and always on the money. Soup, you nutcase, reminds me of myself 20 years ago. Depends, welll? depends. Feed Fool, god you got the talent and the energy. Shorty, you are the greatest .. and Bearman ?so are you. Mark, brilliant, funny, but sometime that ethnic stuff pisses me off. And Jimi.. the master of the undersell. And how ?bout LLD, Charmin (the fox), and FX fox, by the way a Euro Nut Case ( a compliment). And Metamusil, and MWH and the Aussies.. and the Brown One ( from Brown Caf?? I might even know you). And Beardrech ( I wish I understood you?), and Jick? and Yobob ( you pissed me off when I said long EURO or Eurine(?) at 88, you said they are all pieces of shit ..did make some money on that one.. I know I missed a lot of you guys, but I will be resurrected soon and WILL get in your face when I get back in business at SP 600.

Happy Holiday Weekend to all

you guys are the greatest

Offered ( gimme ya bid, you fool!)SOLD!!!

^_^

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Money Flow Index is a volume-weighted relative strength index ... similar in concept to Joe Granville's On-Balance Volume, but supposedly calculated trade-by-trade instead of daily.

Don't mean to start a firestorm over this MFI issue. Most of the other MFI's work differently than the default setting I use on the AskResearch charts.

It only works about 75% of the time, primarily with the ETFs and big, liquid stocks.

The last time I got this signal with an extreme McClellan reading, a -1250 TICK reading, and climatic selling in the financials was at the August 2004 lows....

Its just a tool, doesn't work out all the time. But it keeps me out of trouble on the short side, and forces me to cover and take my profits and not get greedy.

When and if we get into a strong bear market again, I usually short when the MFI gets over 80 in the late stages of a short squeeze, and cover when it gets down below 20. Great way to scalp shorts, catching the meat of most of the nasty declines.

LEXR headed back down ah, only got $84M in punitive damages vs $1B they were talking about on their conference call minutes before. I'm out, gave back some profits but easy come easy go in this case, it was a crap shoot from the start.

note that with cash on hand and the 2 awards from Toshiba so far, we're still talking about $6.80 in cash / LEXR share, but they'll probably have to wait for Toshiba to pay up.

Great first post Offered! Congrats,welcome and wishing you many visits to Stoolville.

Funnily enough, my Brown One has nothing to do with the traditional Amsterdam Brown Caf?.It was taken from a pair of brown doves that just appeared on our "deck"(roof terrace) a couple of years ago.Originally,I had a pigeon as avatar then...but changed to squawking heads after the doves disappeared..(presumably deceased) some time ago!

Hey brownie,

Were you on the floor between 1997 and 2000, i was one of the a... seedy ones in the futures pit. When they went electronic, and I got divorced from my nedelandse vrouw, I figurd i was better off in the States, don't know if that was right or not, once I came back to the the crazies here.

Movers & Shakers

Or, the Stock 'Market' Hokey-Pokey

GoAmerica (GOAM: news, chart, profile) shares added more than 14 percent after the company said it has launched i711.com, an Internet relay service designed to connect deaf or hard of hearing consumers with hearing callers.

Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Co. (GAP: news, chart, profile) leapt more than 22 percent after Lehman Bros. raised its rating on the company to "overweight," saying it expects the retailer to take steps to enhance shareholder value over the next 12-to-18 months.

Shares of Taser International (TASR: news, chart, profile) rallied more than 15 percent after the Scottsdale, Ariz., stun gun maker said its X26 conducted energy device has received approval from the United Kingdom's Home Office for use by authorized officers in England and Wales.

======================

Didja catch the classic PigMen shakeout in TASR before they ramped it up three bucks this morning/afternoon?

b?s=TASR

Hit a new 52-week low right before the news was released. <_<

I just LUVVVVVV 'late slides.'

Especially at the end of the week.

Before a long weekend.

That's when the 'Big Hands' show their bottom cards. And they want out.

Intraday tests of Dow 10,500 and Naz 2,000 failed again. Just like yesterday.

The BKX bankster index closed at a fresh 5-month low.

The XBD borker-dealer index also closed down, very close to breaking triple-bottomed chart support.

New lows (NYSE + Naz) totaled 133 at 10 minutes before the close. Internals are still sick.

My story is that having retraced more than halfway from Dow 11K to 10K, the market will proceed on down to test Dow 10K. And I don't expect Dow 10K to hold. Really, the 2002 lows need to be tested again, in what may become a giant six-year a-b-c pattern.

:ph34r: Psycho bearish!  :ph34r:

In which Mrs TwoScrews reacts to learning of Mr TwoScrews' repeated declarations that he is "PSYCHO" bearish:

post-4-1111718298_thumb.jpg

Archived