World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Wallowing waffle

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heading downashore from NYC today for a couple of days. Will be posting from time to time.

Mixing personal business with a little fun this week. Yesterday afternoon Danielle and I went from Bryant Park to the Highline and Chelsea Market, doing all the touristy stuff. After a few days in Ventnor NJ with a side trip to Ocean City and Johnson's Popcorn, back to Manhattan this weekend to watch the 4th of July fireworks and go to the Whitney at some point. Then back to Canada for a few weeks.   

Unfortunately had to come down to NY due to health issues that came to light for both wife and me simultaneously as a result of routine annual tests. Don't worry, I've been told my chances of living a long life of continuing to annoy and aggravate people are 98-99%.   :P  

In medicine, as with the market, if you look for the facts, it's possible to find them, and along with them some truly great contrarian docs who are not only committed physicians, but committed scientists and data wonks. They are few and far between but they are out there.  For too many US doctors, it's cut first and ask questions later, but an increasing body of data shows clearly that the life-long effects of surgery for some conditions are often worse than the condition that brought them on.

Do your homework. The body of research data that can be found simply by googling is immense. And with a little time, and a medical dictionary, it's possible to read these research papers and understand them. Many, if not most, US doctors are clueless on the latest developments in medical care that come from studying "big data" on treatment outcomes. They're not much better than CNBC talking heads spouting conventional the wisdom, which is most often completely wrong.

If you try, you can even make an appointment with a doctor who wrote one of the research papers that made sense to you. It may require a bit of travel, but it's worth it to be able to sit face to face with someone whom you have determined knows the facts, not just the standard practice. You can only know whose second opinion is worth its salt if you do your homework. Otherwise you will be likely to get the wrong advice and not know it, while subjecting yourself to confusion and anxiety.  

As a result of this personal stuff taking so much time, and because I have changed my priorities just a bit, there has been some disruption to my usual frenetic pace of posting reports in the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition, and in the number of free reports I post on the Wall Street Examiner. This somewhat slower production schedule will continue on and off through the summer, either because I'm traveling, attending to these health and other personal matters, or simply deciding to spend more time enjoying activities with my family. 

I'm really thankful to you for allowing me to continue to do the work that I love, and thankful for the trust and confidence that David Stockman has placed in me as I continue to expand the work that I do as associate publisher of http://DavidStockmansContraCorner.com. It has been an honor, and great fun! 

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming while I pack up and head for da beach. 

So overnight, "they" fixed Greece, China, and Puerto Rico......

So the fix is in.......... :huh:   ;)

>: $TNX (10 yr) back above the 2.4% Maginot Line.........

>:: Friday - All US markets (including equity, option, and fixed income) will be closed

in observance of Independence Day.

Biz op for Moody's & S&P in the making:

"Care for a AAA rating in your chinese shoe shiner, banana vendor, housewife, rural worker stock margin CDO tranches?"

Chinese Regulators Take More Steps Aimed at Halting Stock Slide
Wider Securitization

Brokerages can securitize the right to profit from margin trading and short selling operations, the CSRC said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-01/shanghai-shenzhen-bourses-to-cut-stock-transaction-fees-by-30-

Archived