Stranger Than Fiction, Part 3

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For a dismal day........................That picture...............MH & Yanevano.................................

Really made me laugh out loud.............For the first time in a while.................

Look at the bright side- business will be booming for you for years to come- BK attorneys will be the new growth occupation.

Stupid question- If they're broke, how do they pay the attorney's fees? :rolleyes:

How about those unconventional measures? Doesn't look like the FED has been able to do anything to control the yield curve. Let alone "keep rates low until an economic recovery takes full hold."

Ben, what say you?

Sir Softpatch and his band of merry men have started the process of losing all credibility. Barring 5% growth in the second half of this year the masses will come to the realization that the FED cannot wave a magic wand and control a $10t economy. As this reality grips the nation we will enter the bitter part of this bear market.

The Fed has its hands full trying to keep the money supply from imploding. What kept the system going was mortgage refis which have created a Golem in the form of mortgage portfolios that control and amplify the bond market movements. That Golem is now preying upon its creator, i.e., the Fed.

I'd like to breifly restate forum rules.

In general, observe copyrights. Please post only a snippet and a link to copyrighted material. Do not repost any articles in full without the publisher's permission.

IDS is for short, trading related posts, news bulletins, and humorous diversions. Longer posts should go on Look Out Below, or other appropriate forum.

No attacks on fellow stoolies. If you have a beef with someone, take it up privately via email or private message.

No sexist or racist remarks, or ethnic stereotyping. I am cracking down on this stuff as of now. Fair warning.

No political comments on this thread. Political comments belong on the Political Stool forum.

Moderators are instructed to delete posts which violate these guidelines, after counting to 10 and applying reasonable judgement.

If we all follow these simple requests, everyone's experience here on IDS will be enhanced. It's ok to have fun with off topic stuff. Just keep it short.

Many tanks!

Doc

Hay Doc, you forgot drinking while posting and substance abuse while posting abuse. Just cuz its early AM don?t mean we cant drink breakfast and get routy.

Investors out-psyche themselves

Individual investors have missed out on almost all of the stock returns simply by trading too much.

July 30, 2003: 4:07 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Individual investors have gotten so good at buying high and selling low that they've lost almost all of the stock returns that were out there, just by trading too much, according to a new study.

. . .

Buy the overall market and stay in it.

Try being a little contrarian around the edges. If the market seems to be spiraling downward, don't sell, buy.

Use dollar cost averaging. Direct your bank to send money to your favorite fund every month and invest it fully.

Record-low interest rates mean bond prices are higher than they have been in a very long time.

Sure, they could continue to rise. It's more likely that new buyers who are following what's been a fabulous market for three years running are once again going to get bloodied by their emotions.

============================

Where are my binoculars? :blink:

Al's gonna try a new approach...Slam Gold and Rally the Bonds...who'd a thunk it?

This could be the start of a general liquidation into...well...liquidity. Lance Lewis & Roger Arnold ('nailed yesterday's 3PM drop at 11AM, I might add...wow) have been saying for a while that the start of the next downturn would see a generalized liquidation. "Nowhere to hide" kinda thing.

Maybe why everything including gold is going down this AM. I 'spect bonds may be a buy later today, we'll just have to see...Silver holding up for now.

For a dismal day........................That picture...............MH & Yanevano.................................

Really made me laugh out loud.............For the first time in a while.................

Look at the bright side- business will be booming for you for years to come- BK attorneys will be the new growth occupation.

Stupid question- If they're broke, how do they pay the attorney's fees? :rolleyes:

Great Question.....................

Sordid Answer: The Good Ole Politicians & Attorneys who wrote the bankruptcy code..........................

Made sure THEY GET PAID FIRST BEFORE ALL OTHERS..............with the exception of ridiculous examples I won't get into.............

Bankruptcy attorneys, for the most part, take their cut up front......out of the debtor's depleted assets......No questions asked or answered until that time.....................

"That's America To Me" - Frank Sinatra

morass-

yeah, that too! I definitely don't want anyone getting "routy" in the morning. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your Anals Opening Intraday is up and ready for download. Unable to open your Anals Opening Intraday? Take a subscribatory, open it and download it RIGHT NOW, along with everything else in your Anals!?

Rick Santelli: "Last week banks sold $70 BILLION in fixed-income securities, the largest total since record keeping started in 1947.

"The FIRE IS STILL RAGING in the fixed income markets. Short rates now discounting Fed TIGHTENING istead of easing." :o

what'd Dr. MJK tell ya the other night on M2M, eh? :P :lol:

right, like I know what I'm talking about

which brings up a question

I thought banks had been buying treasuries over the last few months, in expectation of nuclear winter, instead of lending to businesses (per Doc's bank credit analysis on fed releases turds days). Now they are dumping every bond in sight? Do they believe that strongly in econmic recovery? What gives? Anyone have some big picture perspective on this?

How about those unconventional measures? Doesn't look like the FED has been able to do anything to control the yield curve. Let alone "keep rates low until an economic recovery takes full hold."

Ben, what say you?

Sir Softpatch and his band of merry men have started the process of losing all credibility. Barring 5% growth in the second half of this year the masses will come to the realization that the FED cannot wave a magic wand and control a $10t economy. As this reality grips the nation we will enter the bitter part of this bear market.

great post

This could be the start of a general liquidation into...well...liquidity. Lance Lewis & Roger Arnold have been saying for a while that the start of the next downturn would see a generalized liquidation.

And somebody else we know. ;)

For those interested-

Live Headline

01-Aug-03

09:01 ET JP Morgan adds Brooks Automation, ASML Holdings to Focus List : JP Morgan adds BRKS and ASML to their Focus List, saying the recent activation of numerous fab projects should spark an order surge for automation and other long lead-time capacity items in 2H03; firm also cites compelling valuations; target for BRKS is $51, target for ASML is $29. :lol:

Archived