John Law I I Gets The Shank

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MH:

DO NOT IGNORE THE TEN-YEAR where your trading is concerned...particularly when it is due for a turn.  If you want to know when the next UNEXPECTEDLY BAD jobs report will be released...it's easy...when the Ten Year hits the top of the channel at about $44.35:

I had already loaded up on Nat Gas Service sector stocks yesterday (LSS, GW etc), as I knew that yesterday's oil reserves report was bullshit, and there there would be a bounce today.  And since I knew there would be an oil price bounce today, I also got out of my one day airline scalp (JBLU) yesterday, since I also knew that yesterday's lie about oil was designed to give a one day pop to AMR and the rest of the airline sector.

Tanks MH, Feedfool, Plunger.

The other day Secretary Snow stated something to the effect that employment numbers will be revised. That's interesting since Elaine Chow is in charge of the Department of Labor and its (dis)information releases on employment. Any way, they are probably working right now on a new higher estimate of those 'self-employed' persons selling the contents of their attic on Ebay.

Natural Gas sector stocks still look great for those companies that can expand reserves at a reasonable cost. Real earnings poer here. The weekly storage reports are only from half the storage facilities, and I don't know where the other half of that number comes from, but maybe a guess of the number of natural gas suppliers on Ebay!

Guest bullseatshitndie
Downside volume on the NYSE was too light today.

Yes, the Trash Can Lids got smoked on high volume.

But Criminal Forensics call for the following:

Monday: More selloff in the markets

Tuesday: Morning selloff, then J-Lo Saucer Bottom, morphing into End of Session Pre-FOMC Meltup

Wednesday: Post-FOMC "Wire to Wire Meltup" John Law II Resubstatiation Rally

Thursday: Shorts panic in the morning, we hit 1162, then collapse.

Friday: Next bear market begins.

funny thing is, i could see that scenario playing out to a t.

throw in month end window dressing and it's a done deal.

was looking at the weekly charts on spx and dow. double bottom targets on both are 10,997 and 1162. i'm leaving those #'s as a blowoff possibilty for final top, but don't think dow gets to 11k the way it seems to be lagging this week.

Guest bullseatshitndie
next question is just when will GW and co. parade his mug all over the media...?

did anyone here pissonme yesterday afternoon commenting on the bin laden rumors? he said, we've heard these rumors 83(or some #) times, but they MOSTLY are untrue. the correct word to use would be NEVER are true. maybe i'm reading too much into it, but the media may already know but waiting for the official word for the saturday or sunday morning news alert

did anyone here pissonme yesterday afternoon commenting on the bin laden rumors? he said, we've heard these rumors 83(or some #) times, but they MOSTLY are untrue. the correct word to use would be NEVER are true. maybe i'm reading too much into it, but the media may already know but waiting for the official word for the saturday or sunday morning news alert

So if/when Bin Laden is captured, let's hear your best guess as to the initial market responses in:

Oil & Gas

Mortgage / Housing Stocks

Banks

Tech

Gold Stocks

Travel/Tourism

Retail

Autos

Other

Guest libertas

If/when Bin Laden is captured, there will be no impact on any of the things you mention because no-one will ever know. Would be bad for business, and even worse for GWB's electoral prospects.

Homeland Security is now a major industry. Probably one of the few sources of job growth, although they are mostly bureaucrats.

OBL is the big excuse for expanding government and eliminating civil liberties.

He's much more valuable out there as a potential threat to scare the sheeple than in jail next to Martha Stewart.

US's Snow says 1.85 mln job growth reasonable

Snow expects 200,000 jobs a month over the next 9 months.

Or does he ? ......2 1/2 hours later reuters updates with a spokesman 'clarifying' that Snow does not have a personal expectation for job growth....

UPDATE 1-US 9-month job growth of 1.85 mln reasonable-Snow

If/when Bin Laden is captured, there will be no impact on any of the things you mention because no-one will ever know. Would be bad for business, and even worse for GWB's electoral prospects.

Homeland Security is now a major industry. Probably one of the few sources of job growth, although they are mostly bureaucrats.

OBL is the big excuse for expanding government and eliminating civil liberties.

He's much more valuable out there as a potential threat to scare the sheeple than in jail next to Martha Stewart.

Speaking of Martha...

What an orchestrated jam job on her stock! Drudlow & Creamer had some poor bastard on a couple nights ago who announced to the world that he was short MSO...GENIUS!

http://139.142.147.218/StockChart_ImageOnl...=INX&ref_rate=0

At some point this thing will totally tank. Don't be early.

Another good day for a Bear-that ramp at the end means squat, too much technical damage was done today not just to stocks but as has already been noted Bonds-Hoo Boy! Something is indeed coming unglued in the matrix. John mcCain was on Squawk Box this morning and said flat out "the deficit is totally out of control and Bush had better veto every spending bill that hits his desk." He went on to hammer Senators Byrd (Virginia) and Merrifield (Alaska) saying they control the appropriations committee and along with Bush have spent us to the edge. He called the Senate a debating society with no POWER and said what has and is happening is EVIL. I've never seen him so exercised somewhere the shit has hit the fan. Sure John is ringing alarm bells but as a Pol he is also getting on the record that "they" not "he" are to blame. First O'Neill hammers Shrub now McCain-interesting is it not! Still short Spoo's and Cubes in the money on both. We should see another down day or two and then I think Feed may be right a weak bounce and then lights out. Classic sign of a turn as I posted last nite-"Good news gets sold!" Regarding the Camel Humper I doubt the rumour will become fact there is too much riding on the continuation of the War on terror. Trade Safe! B)

Archived