Speaking Of Piggies . . .

Hey Doc! Did you know that . . .

Hogs Run Wild in Florida!

This from WPVI.com Bizarre News:

PALM CITY, Fla. (AP) _ Palm City has gone hog wild.

Hordes of huge, hungry, wild hogs have been running rampant in this town 35 miles north of West Palm Beach, scarring yards as they search for worms and roots and causing thousands of dollars in damage.

The hogs, which can weigh up to 400 pounds, come out in the middle of the night and can wipe out an entire lawn in a few nights.

Len Hoag says the hogs caused about $3,000 in damage in three nights of destruction. She's upset that the county and the state both insist that trapping the havoc-causing swine is not their job.

"When you see the kind of damage those things do to a yard, you wonder what they can do to a young child," Hoag said. "This is a major problem, but nobody wants to deal with it."

Martin County animal control officials say trapping should be left to state wildlife regulators. But the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said it only responds to calls for nuisance alligators and captive animals that have escaped, such as lions or tigers.

Fish and Wildlife Lt. Chris Sella said homeowners groups can hire private trappers to control the pests.

So, the Martin Downs Homeowners Association hired trappers to remove about 10 hogs from Hoag's neighborhood.

"It's been somewhat alleviated right now," said Hoag. "If we got hundreds of them now, what are we going to have 10 years from now?"

Food for thought, huh?

In any event I wish you all a very safe and enjoyable weekend . . . and be careful, especially if you go out on your lawn in the middle of the night. :shocked

hog.jpg

mcohunts.com

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, the Martin Downs Homeowners Association hired trappers to remove about 10 hogs from Hoag's neighborhood.

"It's been somewhat alleviated right now," said Hoag. "If we got hundreds of them now, what are we going to have 10 years from now?"

Deep down, I suspect the Hoags have a nominal conflict of interest that they must face up to.

rr

Looks like RGLD fell out of bed today. Most gold shares seem to be going into a correction, already correcting or starting to come out of a correction.

I suspect the ratio-spread playing hedge funds long gold decided to bail at $390 rather than wait for $400 plus, esp. with Sinclair publshing that they were waiting for $412 (or something like that). Now they'll run the shares down and buy them up cheaper as weak hands bail-out.

On the next high, I think I will start trading 1/2 of my position rather than holding (even though it's in an IRA account).

Archived