IDS World Markets Fri 12th October 07

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that Gore is the butt of a lot of jokes around here.

I mentioned before that my cousin Kaj works for Gore as a reporter at Current.tv. Kaj has done some top notch reporting from Afghanistan, Somalia, and other danger zones around the world. He also did a piece on waterboarding where he subjected himself to being waterboarded. He just got his Masters from the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard where he won a scholarship as top student. He is also an ex Navy Seal, and the first person ever to drop out of the Naval Academy and join the Seals.

On top of being a brilliant scholar and adventurer, he's also a gentleman of the first order.

The last time I saw Kaj last fall I asked him about Gore, and he told me that Gore was the smartest person he had ever known. Considering all the brilliant people he has been exposed to in his life, I was surprised by that. Kaj is not a person prone to exaggeration. He really admires Gore. That's good enough for me.

Anyway, that's my little Al Gore connection story.

I'm still running a couple of putz on Bear Stains. It's starting to show some weakness and I'm hoping today is a sell-off in front of the weekend.

big.chart?symb=bsc&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=789&style=320&time=18&freq=9&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=4543&mocktick=1

It's hard to have much faith in the down side right now but one of these days, Alice.....

honeymooners1.jpg

It is interesting to look at the daily listing of the a/d's of the SSE. Just eye-balling it, even on Thurs 2% blast a lot more stocks were going down than up. The Mcl Oscil. must be looking quite horrible by now. Stocks like PTR are really masking the deterioration that is occurring.

I know that Gore is the butt of a lot of jokes around here.

I mentioned before that my cousin Kaj works for Gore as a reporter at Current.tv. Kaj has done some top notch reporting from Afghanistan, Somalia, and other danger zones around the world. He also did a piece on waterboarding where he subjected himself to being waterboarded. He just got his Masters from the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard where he won a scholarship as top student. He is also an ex Navy Seal, and the first person ever to drop out of the Naval Academy and join the Seals.

On top of being a brilliant scholar and adventurer, he's also a gentleman of the first order. 

The last time I saw Kaj last fall I asked him about Gore, and he told me that Gore was the smartest person he had ever known. Considering all the brilliant people he has been exposed to in his life, I was surprised by that. Kaj is not a person prone to exaggeration. He really admires Gore. That's good enough for me.

Anyway, that's my little Al Gore connection story.

614625[/snapback]

What do you expect from the guy that invented the internet?

The AlGore appologists side..

The actual dialog at the root of the story...

BLITZER: I want to get to some of the substance of domestic and international issues in a minute, but let's just wrap up a little bit of the politics right now.

Why should Democrats, looking at the Democratic nomination process, support you instead of Bill Bradley, a friend of yours, a former colleague in the Senate? What do you have to bring to this that he doesn't necessarily bring to this process?

GORE: Well, I will be offering -- I'll be offering my vision when my campaign begins. And it will be comprehensive and sweeping. And I hope that it will be compelling enough to draw people toward it. I feel that it will be.

But it will emerge from my dialogue with the American people. I've traveled to every part of this country during the last six years. During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.

Source...

yours truly is at it again

here is another video story I did with the local ABC affiliate in Boise. You guys will love it.

Micron CEO Awarded Over $7 Million in Stock

just go into the local news video section and click on story: Micron CEO Awarded Over $7 Million in Stock (you may have to have Internet Explorer)

This was the printed story from channel 6 KIVI but the video is much better.

Micron's Board of Directors has given CEO Steve Appleton over $7 million worth of restricted stock. It's part of the company's equity incentive plan but it's drawing harsh criticism from some financial anal cysts.

Micron lost $320 million last year with Appleton at the helm and anal cyst Bob Coleman thinks giving Appleton 680,000-plus shares is essentially rewarding him for the company's losses.

Idaho Statesman Business Reporter Ken Dey said giving restricted shares to executives is pretty common. Dey explained the restricted stock cannot be sold or traded for a set time period and is not a bonus per se but the Board does have the discretion about how much stock to give.

"They don't have a set amount they give him," Dey said. "They base it on performance and how important he is to the company."

Which baffles Coleman's mind. He doesn't understand why Appleton is still viewed as an asset to Micron.

"It's amazing to give someone a $7.2 million-bonus of restricted stock for losing $320 million last year," Coleman said. "I don't know what the Board's thinking giving that kind of award to an individual that's lost that kind of money. It looks like goosing for management, if anything."

614602[/snapback]

Congratulation, I am surprised let put you on, not saying good things about one of the leading citizens of the town. :D

In lieu of an inane post to bookend 7 years of increasingly inane bearish posts, i present a chart which, combined with a P.O.S.P.P.I., will accelerate a deep six dive and, one would think, take the shtock markit with it.

But all news is bullish. No thought involved. Buy, buy. buy ....

614614[/snapback]

That looks like something to be short which I am. :lol:

Archived