What do they know that we don't know?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally making money on those gold mine shorts. Been a white knuckle ride.

Damn Richmtn, it's my $$ to your pocket -- I bought a few HMY shrs at 11.8 and now underwater... :cry: :grin:

Uncle Buck and the Long Bong Hit today.

Get hip wit the Long Bong and Uncle Buck. Huge day as yields skyrocket. Were Anals subscribers taken by surprise? Not in the least. Get jiggy wit da Anals, Uncle Buck and the Long Bong Hit. Get immediate access instantly! I mean RIGHT NOW!

Guest bullseatshitndie
INTC report leaked?

Suddenly, the stock is exploding to the upside.

Same setup as last Wednesday with YHOO before AH earnings report.

very true, chart looks identical.

INTC report leaked?

Suddenly, the stock is exploding to the upside.

Beware of BULLSHIT.

If I was an institutional type and got wind that INTC was going to pull a steaming stool out of it's hat tonight, the I'd try organize a massive ramp up, distribute like mad and if the news was smelly, possibly even go short.

However, I haven't been institutionalized . . . yet.

If you keep hanging around here you will be. :lol:

Sorry Jerry. I'm sure the miners will go up in a few weeks. Gold should be great after a little sell-off.

Oh my gawd ! - I think you need to revisit the definition of market maker. Is the Nasdaq an electronic market? Are trades electronically matched? Does it have MMs?

Please be accurate before you demand accuracy.

Nasdaq is an electronic market, it stands for national association of security dealers automated quotation system.. By definition you're dealing with "security dealers", i.e. market-makers..

They "have to" make market ! If nobody bids, they have to put a bid !

In e-mini, you trade through your broker but your broker is just an agent for you to complete the transaction ! They don't have to trade themselves, most never take a position.. Their job is not to make an orderly market for you..

In your sense, the locals in the pits are the market makers, they can stand there all day without doing anything !

I haven't seen it happen in index futures but I believe that's the reason why limit moves happen..

You must be new to Futures and electronic trading

Make your mind up. First you assert that there are no market makers on Globex because it's an electronic market. That's incorrect. One has nothing to do with the other.

Now you say that the Nasdaq (an all electronic exchange) DOES have MMs but because a trader's broker on Globex does not do certain things, it does not have MMs ???????

Do you think that you don't trade through a broker on Nasdaq?

Do you think that your broker is more than just an agent for you to complete the transaction on Nasdaq? Or that he has to make an orderly market for you ?

If not then why such an irrelevant distinction between the Nasdaq electronic exchange and Globex ?

The Nasdaq is an electronic exchange and has MMs.

One Chicago is an electronic Futures exchange and has MMs.

Eurex is an electronic exchange and has MMs.

a/c/e is an electronic exchange and has MMs

Without MMs, there would be a very scary market as we saw yesterday.

A cursory search on the net found these:

Launch of Electronic Market Makers for CBOT 2-Yr T-Note Futures

AND

"CME Names Initial Lead Market Makers For New Product

CHICAGO, April 8, 2002?Mark S. Rzepczynski, President and Chief Investment Officer of John W. Henry & Co., today rang the opening bell to launch trading in the new Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. (CME) swap futures contracts at 8:30 a.m. (Central time). CME also named three firms?DRW Holdings LLC, TradeLink L.L.C. and Wolverine Trading, L.P. ?as the initial Lead Market Makers (LMMs) in the new two-, five- and 10-year swap futures contracts.

....... The contracts are traded exclusively on CME?s GLOBEX? electronic trading platform......

Link

Archived