The Second Coming

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(11-20) 18:46 PST SAN FRANCISCO -- Washington Mutual Inc., the Seattle bank seized by federal regulators and sold to JPMorgan Chase in September, said Thursday that it will shutter its Pleasanton campus and cut hundreds of San Francisco positions, eliminating 1,600 Bay Area jobs in all.

The bank's East Bay call center, where roughly 1,200 workers answer customer inquiries about credit cards and consumer banking, will close by early spring, company spokesman Gary Kishner said. The company will cut 400 employees at its operations center at 201 Mission St. in San Francisco early next year, leaving about 60 workers there until the site shuts down in late 2009.

This was big news on the TV last night here.

source

(11-21) 11:19 PST SACRAMENTO -- California's unemployment rate jumped to 8.2 percent in October and employers cut 26,400 nonfarm payroll jobs as the global financial crisis punished the state and exacted its heaviest toll on the struggling Central Valley.

Although the Bay Area continues to suffer job losses, the report issued today by the state Employment Development Department shows that this region is somewhat sheltered from financial havoc that caused the statewide unemployment rate to jump from 7.7 percent in September.

In San Francisco County, for instance, unemployment stood at 6 percent in October, while in San Mateo County the rate was 5.4 percent. Alameda and Contra Costa, two counties more heavily exposed to the housing boom and bust, had unemployment rates of 7.1 percent and 7 percent, respectively, in October.

Source

do them figgers include undocumented, butt fully benefited, guest worker anchor parents?

Mayor Gavin Newsom said city layoffs could start in the next few weeks as his office grapples with a budget deficit that could exceed $90 million.

"I can't defer bad choices," Newsom said.

The mayor asked city departments to cut $75 million, but Newsom said new projections from the controller's office will lead to bigger cuts. It's too soon to say how many people will lose their jobs, the mayor said.

The Public Health Department faces the biggest cuts because it's the largest department. Health officials revealed $10 million worth of proposed cuts this week, but they still need to come up with $17 million

more.

Big Government, downsized.

The imploding economy has widened the projected hole in San Jose's budget next year to more than $59 million, city officials said Thursday, making layoffs virtually certain and burying Mayor Chuck Reed's hopes for eliminating chronic deficits in his first term.

Though city voters this month maintained two existing phone taxes at reduced rates ? one of which was set to expire next year ? and some employee groups have agreed to take lower raises, City Manager Debra Figone said "everything else has worsened."

"At this point in time, I can't see how we can avoid layoffs," Figone said. City union leaders had no immediate response.

San Jose is screwed too!

not that there's anything wrong, with anything, anywhere, anytime,

with anybuddy(ies) and/or anything(s), anymore

Thank you, Shorty. I feel so much better knowing that I can count on your acceptance . . .

inflatable%20sheep.jpg

BTW, they give these to all the trainees at GS before they turn them loose on real clients. :D

Thank you, Shorty. I feel so much better knowing that I can count on your acceptance . . .

inflatable%20sheep.jpg

BTW, they give these to all the trainees at GS before they turn them loose on real clients. :D

OMG!

[

Where can I get one? ;)

Sorry bud, no comment. I share an s-load of information for free here.....some stuff just needs to be kept on the down low. I am sure you understand. :ph34r:

Of course. No need for anyone to share any more than they are comfortable sharing here.

I like your old avatar you took back-- a fiery skull or something.

Sorry bud, no comment. I share an s-load of information for free here.....some stuff just needs to be kept on the down low. I am sure you understand. :ph34r:

Regardless of where you get your information....Thanks for sharing.... :)

Archived