B4 The Bell, Tuezelday, June 15

Dashley, campaign based on supposed good economy has been going for a while. Last week they had that ad talking about 1.4 million jobs created, economy supposedly picking up, "while Kerry talks about the Depression."

Yep, just heard one so it has already started. Going to be a full court press. Happy Happy Happy -- just spend your money and be happy.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be brief:

This "campaign" of happy talk being unleashed by Bush and Cheney is part of their political campaign. I've always had difficulty with a sitting president using his high office as a political campaign promotional tool. This is not an anti-GOP issue...this is a systemic issue.

The line between the existing job, and the desired job is blurred. Are they speaking in plain factual english on behalf of the American people, or are they speaking in politicalese...speaking in half-truths (or less) while appearing in the costumes of the leaders of the free world?

This is not about Bush and Cheney...just an observation about how politics works. Will this "campaigning" have an impact on the price of stocks, inflation perceptions, the value of the dollar or price of oil?

Dashley, campaign based on supposed good economy has been going for a while. Last week they had that ad talking about 1.4 million jobs created, economy supposedly picking up, "while Kerry talks about the Depression."

Yep, just heard one so it has already started. Going to be a full court press. Happy Happy Happy -- just spend your money and be happy.

I agree with one minor exception, not spend your money, rather spend your childrens money, spend your future.

I'll be brief:

This "campaign" of happy talk being unleashed the Bush and Cheney is part of their political campaign. I've always had difficulty with a sitting president using his high office as a political campaign promotional tool. This is not an anti-GOP issue...this is a systemic issue.

The line between the existing job, and the desired job is blurred. Are they speaking in plain factual english on behalf of the American people, or are they speaking in politicalese...speaking in half-truths (or less) while appearing in the costumes of the leaders of the free world?

This is not about Bush and Cheney...just an observation about how politics works. Will this "campaigning" have an impact on the price of stocks, inflation perceptions, the value of the dollar or price of oil?

The lesson learned by bushman I and not lost on either bubba or bushman II, is that the economy trumps everything. Everything that needs to be "fixed" and painted, will be fixed and painted until Nov. Has absolutely nothing to do with economic reality and everything to do with political reality.

In a word...no...nada...not one iota....not even a little bit.....zippo!

That's one hell of a gap up for 110 points profit Brian...how do you do that?

Oh right...I'm not supposed to post in this thread by special request.

See ya!

Ignore the fact that we are in a political economy at your own risk.

it does all seem to be connected.

when markets move based on the price of oil, and the price of oil moves on geo"political" events, and geo"political" events are driven by policy set in the white house, the white house is moving the markets.

Bravo on Both of you for publically recognising we are in a thighly controled

political economy.

Best on trading today.

Goldie- I am confused who told you , you couldn't post here??? Not anyone i know of and I held 10- July 1140 puts that I held for 2 days and was stopped at 1129 for plus 11x 10=110. I post every trade and every stop and all here know that-Brian

Were you well positioned for the 2.5% smack down of the Ten Year Yield?

http://139.142.147.221/StockChart_ImageOnl...=INX&ref_rate=0

Having announced just a couple days ago that they would be touring the country to talk about the Goldielocks economy...Bush & Cheney were.

Were you well positioned in advance of the recent "much better than expected jobs numbers?"

As witnessed by the advanced-scheduling of Cheney's appearance on Kudlow & Cramer to coincide with the release of the data...Bush & Cheney were.

Archived