The MIT TA Symposium March 7, 2003

Good morning and Good stool to all. Hope you have a stooliful day. This is the intraday and short term TA thread. No chit chat. Chit chat on the adjacent IDS thread. Longer term TA matters should go on Dr. Bontchev's TA Forum, or on LOB. (Forum list is in left column.)

And a-waaaay we go!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great chart bb

what are the fibs below 816 on the spx Many are targeting 806 and I suppose round numbers 800

below that 780. curious as to what you see.

Dollar is falling hard overnite. 1.105 is the upward level for a breakout on the euro but may not get there till the 10am time when otc currency options expire.

regards.....

The charts below are for the opening with the current gap down illustrated - the projections were done last night based on yesterday's close.

I had thought the market was in an either/or position - with no clear signal from my charts which way it would go. However this morning's gap is pushing the downside (historical) envelope - I would be careful of a very short pop - but the move appears to be favoring the downside alternative.

projecting

+.15pts per hour for 10 hours in yellow

+0 in white

-.15 in yellow

on HOURLY SPY data:

my ST chart

image007.gif

and my IT Attractor

image008.gif

For those unfamiliar with my charts, an explanation can be found here. It focuses on daily data but is applicable to hourly by substituting hours for days in the trends, moving averages, lookback periods, slopes, etc

Good Morning Traders,

NQ bbz 973.296~976.225

ES bbz 814.189~816.565

NQ desc trendline 988 yest = 993

ES desc trendline 824 yest = 829.75

NatuRal Squares:

7569 7744 7921

1225 1296 1369

784 841 900 961

225 256 289 324 361 400

success!

gruff

We are in a news driven environment (as you already notice) but the technicals always prevail.

One observation...The market is looking for a reason to rally. The slightest positive development in any area will be seen as a reason for a rally.

Keep that in mind as we approach cyclical lows over the next week or so

Archived