Dog Talk

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We don't talk about it much but the Russell (RUT) is down -0.92. HUI is up 1.08.

Yesh, yesh. Dat's goot.

I hate to display my ignorance of pop culture, but who is this? Clearly it's who Michael Jackson wants to be, but....???????

That would be Goldmember, from the latest Austin Powers movie of the same name.

Didn't care for the movie, but when he said

"I LOVE GOOOOOLLLDDD!!!!!!!"

I almost wet my pants. :lol:

The reason you are getting inflation in Canada is because the Canadian Dollar is rising against the US Dollar.

Canada sees inflation.  The US sees deflation (even if prices stay the same and the value of the dollar used to pay for the goods decreases, it is essentially deflation)

Inflation is a local (in your own currency) monetary phenomenon. I don't think relative exchange rates have any direct relevance.

Guest AssMaster
The reason you are getting inflation in Canada is because the Canadian Dollar is rising against the US Dollar.

Canada sees inflation. ?The US sees deflation (even if prices stay the same and the value of the dollar used to pay for the goods decreases, it is essentially deflation)

Inflation is a local (in your own currency) monetary phenomenon. I don't think relative exchange rates have any direct relevance.

Does Canada use the hedonic statistical adjustments that we have perfected down 'Mejico Way? If not, that could be the difference.

Archived