B4 The Bell October 20

machine:  Please read the book  "Breaking the

Demopublican Monopoly" http://www.afr.org/

I've read it. I agree with Nelson Hultberg's analysis ... the 'progressive' changes of 1913 subverted the Republic.

But I don't think a third party political campaign will work. It's "their" system ... designed to neuter third parties. Shunting opponents into a futile struggle on 'their' tilted playing field ... systematically marginalized by 'their' media and 'their' exclusionary 'debates' ... suits their purposes just fine.

Only economic depression or revolutionary violence will overthrow the ruling Depublicrat regime ...

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But I don't think a third party political campaign will work. It's "their" system ... designed to neuter third parties. Shunting opponents into a futile struggle on 'their' tilted playing field ... systematically marginalized by 'their' media and 'their' exclusionary 'debates' ... suits their purposes just fine.

Only economic depression or revolutionary violence will overthrow the ruling Depublicrat regime ...

I agree. It goes deeper than that. Americans feel that they have to vote for one or the other of the major candidiates or they will be "throwing out their vote". I cannot tell you how many times in recent months I have raised the issue of voting for a third candidate and received that reply.

It's institutionalized disenfranchisement.

Like it or not, the popular vote in the presidential election is meaningless as long as we have the electoral college, which should be outlawed.  This is a democracy, you win the popular vote, you should be the president.

tradermark,

The United States is a constitutional republic, not a democracy.

The USA is an amalgam of states, many of which were independent territories (or countries) before there was such a thing as the USA. The USA is exactly what it's name says it is.

Pleurality rules - in presidential elections - on a state by state basis. The winner of each states gets the votes in the Electoral College (? do they need a degree).

No ammendement is needed; the lawyers will see to it that the constitution is ultimately "correctly" interpretted on an election-by-election basis.

Election law is the new big thing in law schools.

The USA is a republic

Electoral college was our forefathers blessing

They new the the pitfalls of a king

They were not politically correct ! THANK GOODNESS!!!

Those were great men. Washington might have been king but, in one of the great acts in human history, left office voluntarily. Prior to that, leaders were replaced by bloodline or violence.

Can anyone imagine any of today's crowd of power seekers doing likewise?

Give them a crown and they will take it.

The USA is a republic

Electoral college  was our forefathers blessing

They new the the pitfalls of a king

They were not politically correct !  THANK GOODNESS!!!

Those were great men. Washington might have been king but, in one of the great acts in human history, left office voluntarily. Prior to that, leaders were replaced by bloodline or violence.

Can anyone imagine any of today's crowd of power seekers doing likewise?

Give them a crown and they will take it.

George Washington brings tears to my eyes :cry:

in a very :rolleyes: way!

Archived