Pre-Erection Weakend

Guest yobob1

I agree Powells signal has sold out Taiwan..Taiwan however was a Chinese Province and is in their sphere of influence. If Catalina Island broke away from the U.S. and China pledged to defend its quasi independence what would any President do! I am surprised that China has been patient all these years. Simply put Taiwan could not be defended and as for being democratic..give me a break... I think a trade -off was made and North Korea was the subject. That wing-nut is as much a threat to China as he is to the rest of the World.

Agreed:

It's just a crack up to read Powell's own correction of his supposed mis-statement.

First it was:

Powell denied that Taiwan "has sovereignty as a nation" and referred to the possible development of cross-strait relations as "peaceful reunification," which is wanted by all parties. Foreign Affairs Minister Tan Sun Chen said Powell's remarks were the "most harsh" remarks from the United States over the past three decades and called in Douglas Paal, director of the American Institute in Taiwan in Taipei, for consultations.

And now he says:

Powell clarified during an interview with Ron Insana of Crapvision Wednesday that the words "peaceful reunification" should have been "peaceful resolution."

"The term of art really is to have a `peaceful resolution' of the problem. And that's the term of art, and that is our policy and remains our policy," Powell was quoted as saying to Crapvision.

Uh huh...sure Colin...the difference is only as large as... say... DAY vs. NIGHT

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I admit I have fallen prey to Plunger's interpretation of the apparent economic stasis, achieved by "rotation" to prop up, or depress, each economic component in turn. "The Spinning Plates" someone called them. Very "Interesting" AND Entertaining.

Icky!!!

Fallen prey???

That just sounds so....well....Icky!

Tracking poll: Bush holds on to advantage

By CNN Polling Director Keating Holland

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Today's CNN/USA Today/Gallup tracking poll continues to give George W. Bush an advantage over Vice President Al Gore.

While not a prediction of the voters' choice in November, Friday's results show Bush garnering 52 percent of the vote and Gore drawing 39 percent. The survey of 851 likely voters was conducted October 24-26 and has a 3.5 percentage point margin of error. A CNN/Time poll also released today gives Bush a 49 percent to 43 percent edge over Gore, which is statistically in agreement with today's CNN/USA Today/Gallup tracking poll, given the polls' margin of sampling error. ABC News and The Washington Post both have daily tracking polls today putting the race at 48 percent for Bush and 45 percent for Gore. The latest Reuters/MSNBC/Zogby tracking poll has the contest at 45 percent for Gore and 43 percent for Bush. ...

To quote a notable physician/ forensic scrutinizer (PhF), "we don't know, and neither do they".

(Except maybe pistolpapa, sometimes, on a pseudo-random basis.)

ME, ME, ME,

Must change to,

YOU, YOU, YOU.

Then we can all live together in peace.

Not holding my breath, might be hazardous to my life span, breathe in, breathe out; wax on, wax off.

Great to see a yobob post again- always succinct- tanks.

Guest Icky Twerp

I admit I have fallen prey to Plunger's interpretation of the apparent economic stasis, achieved by "rotation" to prop up, or depress, each economic component in turn. "The Spinning Plates" someone called them. Very "Interesting" AND Entertaining.

Icky!!!

Fallen prey???

Yeah, well, I think you're a conspiratorial nut.

and I agree with you.

:lol:

Icky!!!

Fallen prey???

Yeah, well, I think you're a conspiratorial nut.

and I agree with you.

I resemble that!

:grin:

And now...off to Sweden with you!

:D

You are forgetting a key point. The Republicans control the voting machines in every decisive state.

And what states are these and how are they in firm Republican control????

That's Doc's Conspiracy...I'm stayin' out of that one!

:D :D :D

after all...everybody should have at least one.

:grin:

I agree Powells signal has sold out Taiwan..Taiwan however was a Chinese Province and is in their sphere of influence. If Catalina Island broke away from the U.S. and China pledged to defend its quasi independence what would any President do! I am surprised that China has been patient all these years. Simply put Taiwan could not be defended and as for being democratic..give me a break... I think a trade -off was made and North Korea was the subject. That wing-nut is as much a threat to China as he is to the rest of the World.

Concur with your geopolitical ascessment. :blink:

Tracking poll: Bush holds on to advantage

By CNN Polling Director Keating Holland

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Today's CNN/USA Today/Gallup tracking poll continues to give George W. Bush an advantage over Vice President Al Gore.

?

While not a prediction of the voters' choice in November, Friday's results show Bush garnering 52 percent of the vote and Gore drawing 39 percent. The survey of 851 likely voters was conducted October 24-26 and has a 3.5 percentage point margin of error. A CNN/Time poll also released today gives Bush a 49 percent to 43 percent edge over Gore, which is statistically in agreement with today's CNN/USA Today/Gallup tracking poll, given the polls' margin of sampling error. ABC News and The Washington Post both have daily tracking polls today putting the race at 48 percent for Bush and 45 percent for Gore. The latest Reuters/MSNBC/Zogby tracking poll has the contest at 45 percent for Gore and 43 percent for Bush. ...

To quote a notable physician/ forensic scrutinizer (PhF), "we don't know, and neither do they".

(Except maybe pistolpapa, sometimes, on a pseudo-random basis.)

ME, ME, ME,

Must change to,

YOU, YOU, YOU.

Then we can all live together in peace.

Not holding my breath, might be hazardous to my life span, breathe in, breathe out; wax on, wax off.

Great to see a yobob post again- always succinct- tanks.

Truman-1948! :P

I agree Powells signal has sold out Taiwan..Taiwan however was a Chinese Province and is in their sphere of influence.  If Catalina Island broke away from the U.S. and China pledged to defend its quasi independence what would any President do!  I am surprised that China has been patient all these years.  Simply put Taiwan could not be defended and as for being democratic..give me a break...  I think a trade -off was made and North Korea was the subject.  That wing-nut is as much a threat to China as he is to the rest of the World.

Concur with your geopolitical ascessment. :blink:

Putting US weaponry into Taiwan - aimed at China - would be the equivalent of the Cuban missile crisis...and we're the Russkies.

Yobob !! Yobob!! Yobob!!

Yobob, that was one helluva a good post.

I too saw that article on the unfinished high-rises and squatters; but like you, I can't find the link to it :P I did post it here during the past week tho...

Hiding Bear beat me to it regarding Sudan. Chinese troops in Africa? hmmm....to me, that's what's called "a sea change" !

Perhaps the delaying-action that Iran is running right now in regards to the nuke inspection/enrichment issue has a deeper reason....related to Chinese troop deployment...

Voting dubya out is great, but I'm constantly surprised by the number of people stating dearly-held notions as facts, in regards to Kerry; implying that he's going to -reverse- Iraq et al. There is just NO basis in fact whatsoever for believing this! Kerry HIMSELF has stated in no uncertain terms that he will step UP the war ! He has indicated this over and over again. John Pilger has an excellent essay out on what's NOT being mentioned by EITHER fake "side" in this erection...

http://www.lewrockwell.com/pilger/pilger18.html

That's reality.

I'm not saying "vote for shrub", I'm saying BE REALISTIC. That's the only way to formulate -effective- plans for your future.

Yobob, again, tanks! And Plunger, Hiding Bear, sharp follow-ups to it too.

Geez...if we're all this wired today....just think how we'll be Monday evening! :P :lol:

dozer

I'm a Canadian, and therefore little more than an officious bystander to this election.

I think the radical Muslim fringe has failed to grasp the American psyche.

Just as the Iran hostage crisis helped to elect a perceived strong president Regan, so too will the bin Laden video help to elect a perceived strong president Bush.

Americans don't like to be pushed around. When pushed they look for a perceived strong man.

Just back from a drive through a fairly "effluent" neighborhood here in south Florida.

The number of political signs in yards was surprisingly high. More Bush signs than Kerry signs, but plenty of each.

Divided neighborhoods, divided families.

Way to go George.

an "Effluent" neighborhood eh Plunger? :lol: :lol: :lol:

geez...I seem to be falling into the role of devils-advocate here this week...

Well, it's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it! After all, if ya gotta push a big pile o' stool aside, why not use a dozer, eh? :P :lol:

Plunger, hold on a sec there...

""Divided neighborhoods, divided families. Way to go George.""

That makes no sense at all. Think about it... Look at the --2000-- election; before shrubya even GOT here! The country was ALREADY divided 50-50, -just like today-, hmmm ?

People, this chasm of divide in our society has been a LONG time coming; and has very little do with shrubya himself.

Heck, last night I saw a post blaming shrubya for our bloody intervention in Yugoslavia! But that happened 10 years ago when -Clinton- was in office !

I detest the current cabal as much as the next stoolie; but it frightens me to see so many fall into the propaganda-traps laid for them by the matrix.

Again I'll suggest the excellent Pilger essay, for a -realistic- appraisal of our situation in a concise form; along with a chilling view of just how tied-together the gov and media are...

http://www.lewrockwell.com/pilger/pilger18.html

'effluent' neighborhood.... tee hee !! good one Plunger! :lol:

Archived