A Laboratory Called Skylab

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA), computer sales grew at a 96% annualized rate in 3rd quarter, motor vehicle output grew at a 43% rate. :blink:

In addition to hedonic adjustments, many components of the GDP report are computed using the CPI and PPI. Therefore incorrect inflation adjustments will distort the GDP amounts.

Here ya' go.

Note: I'm giving my wife the edict: Spend less and contribute to the decline. :D

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-rup2...dlines-business

U.S. retail sales may fall 5% from a year ago during this holiday shopping season as consumers tighten their budgets and shop for discounts, a private survey showed.

The average budget for West Coast states may be $409, down from $468 a year ago, according to the survey.

tanks, that's the one. I like your plan. :) With the widening grocer strike, a lot of families may have no choice but to spend less. Now talk of it spreading to DC and elsewhere. But that probably means replacement workers can be taken off unemployment, so it's bullish!

Your Anals Opening Intraday is up and ready for download. Take a subscribatory, open it and download it RIGHT NOW, along with everything else in your Anals!

Fine tune your timing! Stooltrading is the place! Join your fellow stoolies sharing charts, trading signals and ideas! Each has a different style, and one may be just right for you. Doc gives his commentary as well, with illustrations of intraday cycles throughout the day with projections for highs, lows, and cycle time turns for the SPX and QQQ. He also gives cmap targets for individual stocks by request. There are no superstars in Stooltrading, just Doc and a group of hard working Stoolies, honestly trying to help each other and themselves, constantly checking and balancing one another's views. Our Founding Fathers knew it's good to have checks and balances. The more checks the more the balances. So take a subscribatory to Stooltrading RIGHT NOW, and increase your checks and balances! Become a Stooltrader and join the fun!

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

re: adjusted GDP. Does anyone know a reference to the adjustment formula? I was always under the impression that adjustments occured as a result of recieving real (vs. imputed) data.

If real GDP rose anywhere close to 8%, we're toast.

GDP can be whatever number the government wants it to be.

re: adjusted GDP. Does anyone know a reference to the adjustment formula? I was always under the impression that adjustments occured as a result of recieving real (vs. imputed) data.

If real GDP rose anywhere close to 8%, we're toast.

Largest contributor to the upward revision was invetory building. In the previous report inventory actually decreased leading some to believe that companies would build inventory in the Q4. That now looks unlikely, so where will the growth come from in Q4? Lets ask Maria.

Archived