B4 The Bell Tearsday October 28

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mark Haines said:

Oil fell yesterday on word that the supply of heating oil was higher than expected..."but don't worry, it will be lower than expected at some point in the future."

Obviously these guys know the real deal, and are so embarrrassed they need to resort to telling the truth every once in a while just to remain sane.

T. Bone Pickens was on Squawk this morning. He said:

"This noise about the Saudia and the Iranians wanting a lower oil price is just ridiculous. They're in the oil business. The world is more than half way through the hydrocarbon era and oil production is in decline while demand is rising. We simply aren't in a position to produce enough oil to keep up with this level of demand. Price is the only thing that can curtail demand."

One thing Mr. Pickens would never mention: Thank god we have Canada!

Mr. Pickens,.. we are the pigs, not the Middle East.

The US IOU has been pretty good so far in sticking to the channel. From the latest Clive Maund at 321 gold.

3.gif

Clive Maund

At first glance, I don't see how the Chinese raising rates will help the US$, unless it follows that the US will raise rates to compete with them.

However at this moment no Fed member or economist is looking at the steady deterioration in the money supply, which is an important indicator of where the economy is going.

And it's going down, and higher rates will make it go down faster.

T. Bone Pickens was on Squawk this morning. He said:

"This noise about the Saudia and the Iranians wanting a lower oil price is just ridiculous. They're in the oil business. The world is more than half way through the hydrocarbon era and oil production is in decline while demand is rising. We simply aren't in a position to produce enough oil to keep up with this level of demand. Price is the only thing that can curtail demand."

Yes, Saudi Arabia and Iran are in the oil business. But unlike the U.S. and Canada,

they have very few other natural resources. Saudi, being mostly desert, has only

limited agriculture, no forests, so much of their food and lumber must be imported.

In that regard, Iran is in better shape. Saudi's also import a large labor force.

Consider that when the Saudi's can no longer pump oil, they will have literally no

income to sustain their people and not much else that I can see to replace it.

Even now, their need for de-salinized water (intensive energy input) is great.

I would think they would want to keep oil flowing as long as possible and at the

highest prices they can get. I see serious problems in that nation's future.

Here comes the Ten Year Yield reversal to sub 4%

did I blink and miss it? :unsure: :)

It hasn't happened yet...just predicting a reaction to the jobs data. In recent months, higher unemployment numbers = lower Ten Year Yield

"This isn't a blame game," Snipes told The Miami Herald. "What we're concentrating on is getting the ballots to the voter." She was named to the job by Gov. Jeb Bush after the 2000 elections supervisor quit during the bitter presidential vote recount and her replacement was suspended for bungling.

Fla. County to Replace Absentee Ballots

Bush said Kerry was a candidate who "jumps to conclusions without knowing the facts."

First U.S. Unit at Iraq Site Did Not Hunt Explosives

And what would be the facts Mr President?

post-20-1098971023_thumb.jpg

Archived