IDS World Markets Tues 22nd January 08

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the 3 day cycle projections don't hold, the market will deteriorate into absolute chaos. Absolute total bedlam. A real, honest to god crash of historic proportions.

I don't have a clue as to whether they will hold or not. They usually hold, but there are those minority of occasions where they don't.

David Tice on Gloomberg:

DOW 5000!

639081[/snapback]

He's the reverse of Abby Jo. Any time they put him on, it's a bottom. Gloomberg doesn't have quite the muscle that Crapvision has though. When he's on Crapvision, cover all your shorts. This is just a warning shot that the bottom is near.

If the 3 day cycle projections don't hold, the market will deteriorate into absolute chaos. Absolute total bedlam. A real, honest to god crash of historic proportions.

I don't have a clue as to whether they will hold or not. They usually hold, but there are those minority of occasions where they don't.

639084[/snapback]

It's all that fat tail stuff, right here, right now... absolutely no way of knowing if the 3-sigma event will morph into a 6-sigma one or not. Total chaos theory prevails. Normal distributions out the window. Welcome to the Power Law Distribution Universe, folks. Grab a seat.

Doc, I would very much prefer a quick and swift crash than the slow death of the dot com 2000-late2002 slow mo implosion.

639089[/snapback]

Regardless of what happens over the next couple of days, this is not the end, nor is it even the beginning of the end, but it is perhaps the end of the beginning.

Archived