OIH FCS Trades

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crude has now completed a FR/FF so we definitely have the potential for further downside prices in place now with 35-36 next support. I have previously stated I did not think sub-40 crude would ever last long again and still have technical reason to expect this. Best case would be an extended range 35-50 for 2005 with dips sub-40. Most unlikely would be a persistant decline but if 35 gets decisively penetrated we could have a sustained LT downtrend in place, there is a downsloping H&S formation that projects to 25! Maybe this will be what rescues 2005 from what makes it hard to imagine being a majorly up year as the historical deccenial patterns suggest.

Anyway the obvious price to watch for now is 40. Oil stocks showing good RS thus far also implies crude prices should hold up.

So again my favored outlook is rangebound 35-50 for 2005.

post-1638-1104675623_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OIH:

I continue to be VERY BULLISH here!

The inverse H&S that formed the handle of this large cup and handle has had its projection met. This consolidation on the daily looks very healthy.

The Cup and Handle's target of course is much higher.

I would only become concerned if we break the lower channel line and cup top trendline that are now very close convergent support.

Crude has had a strong move up again carving out it's range but I doubt 50 will be breached...as I mentioned I see it being in a range for much of 2005 as long as no significant geo-political incidents push the panic button. This is very probable in the current environment but another reason to remain bullish.

This is not a real good entry area and your stop loss would be pretty steep.

HOpe some of you got in on prior notices.

Hank

post-1638-1105798766_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Crude Update,

My last comments basically said I was looking for a big range this year and doubted we ever will see sub 40 other than maybe one last brief dip stick move.

Well, we got the dip but not much below 40 and then this move taking out the prior high definitely was a bit of a surprise and definitely turns me even more bullish here with the potential for even more new highs again this year. Watch for the the dip to 50ish and "handle" leading to a renewed strong move up. What we should hope for as far as for the economy's sake is taking the enormous supportive confluence @45 out to the downside. Unfortunately this is much less likely in an established LT BULL market.

The auto stocks are getting completely demolished as V-8's and hemis are being touted endlessly in their advertising pitches. Already I am seeing the used car lot down the street building a huge inventory of 2004 SUV's now half what they sold for a year ago. Already the Asian auto makers have the jump on hybrids and are ready to pounce. Stupid American auto boys once again living in the past...better start reading Lee Iacoca again for ideas on how to get the government to bail ya.

What a bunch of idiots...they better not dare ask me to save them!

Driving my 2002 Volvo S80 = 28.5 mpg highway safely and cleanly and waiting for a bigger selection of hybrids before buying one.

Hank

post-1638-1113744658_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
If you didn't do some buying in here...still not too late

energy complex looks poised to make a break for it...should get an OIH buy signal along with TL break.

Hope you caught this one...

I continue to hold somewhat uncomfortably sized position here already for huge gain...

NOT time to sell any of it yet...

Has anyone out there called the moves better on Crude and OIH???

But this only is confirmation to me that this is a runaway BULL...

i.e. more bull than brains surely at work :P

Can't believe some people still trying to call major tops here...

We are at a third watch at 100 level...

If it breaks it will be a huge move...

If we fail it is going to indicate a long period of patience for the next move and we could have a fairly substantial pull back.

So very risky to enter now...but be patient there will certainly be more chances to jump in with lower initial risk...

Hank

post-1638-1118440676_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
this is a runaway BULL...

:o

OIH now officially a double bagger!!!

Hope you all been enjoying the ride...

Hard to tell someone not on board to get in right here...

Just chill...more ops with come up as this thing goes parabolic but the ride will get much wilder.

post-2230-1123804234_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Things falling into place for another surge upwards

Multiple fib projections to $80+

Energy markets just starting to heat up again.

I believe we are unquestionably in a "third wave"

Appears we have entered a second more accelerated impulse @50

SUV obsolescence rapidly approaching.

Ised lots full of them...my assistant who just purchased hers last year for 24,000 was quoted 12,000 to trade in. Used lots here starting to get jammed up with excursions and tahoes...

Traders asnd investors not in energy in some form NOW are gonna continue to miss out in a very big way.

Now immense support at $55...

post-2230-1125723985_thumb.gif

OIH showing common 3 stage parabolic...

In the early part of the 3rd move...usually the stongest in commodity related markets...not even close to a .318 time extension of previous leg or

equality with the prior impulse price wise.

And remember is this just the first subwave of a much larger bull market?

Reasons Mr Hanky remains very bullish here but hard to jump on this if your not already in...

post-2230-1125927020_thumb.jpg

Archived