B4 The Bell, Humpday June 9

6:44am 06/09/04 OmniVision mulls restatements, sees Q1 earns, rev. miss By Tomi Kilgore

NEW YORK (CBS.MW) - OmniVision Technologies (OVTI: news, chart, profile) said it was considering the restatement of certain quarters of fiscal 2004 and 2003, after an internal review of "cut-off" issues, resulting in the delay of the release of fiscal 2004 results to June 23 from June 9. The restatement could lead to increased net income and an additional $5 million in revenue. Separately, the company said it expects earnings for the first quarter of 2005 to be 29 to 31 cents a share, below the current average of anal cyst estimates compiled by Thomson First Call of 34 cents a share, and revenue of $95 million to $100 million, vs. anal cyst forecasts of $106.7 million. For the fiscal fourth-quarter of 2004, OmniVision expects earnings and revenue to meet or beat prior projections of 30 to 31 cents a share and $96 million to $100 million, respectively. The stock closed Tuesday up 97 cents at $25.47.

========================================

Attention Riverboaters!

Now trading at $19, a 25% discount to last night's closing price!

Buy the dips!

You will be rewarded!

:huh:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/article_8234.shtml

Questions over Federal Reserve talks with Bush: The many White House visits by the Federal Reserve chief, Alan Greenspan, have raised fears "[his decisions] might be affected by political winds".

By Nell Henderson in Washington

May 27, 2004, 15:08

"There's the appearance that [Greenspan] might not just be affected by economic winds, but possibly by political winds," said Dr Thomas, who obtained records of Dr Greenspan's appointments going back to 1996

The records show that Dr Greenspan has called on the White House Council of Economic Advisers about as often during Mr Bush's years as he did in the four years of President Clinton's second term.

But the number of appointments with other White House officials jumped sharply with the new administration, from an average of three per year from 1996 through 2000, to 44 per year in 2001 through 2003.

The chairman has met the Vice-President, Dick Cheney, at least 17 times; the Defence Secretary, Donald Rumsfeld, 11 times; Dr Rice, 12 times; Mr Card, six times; Mr Powell, once; and deputy defence secretary, Paul Wolfowitz, twice.

I guess Powell and Wolfowitz are the smartest ones there...

Plunger, did you catch the Amy Goodman link that I pointed you to on yesterday's thread? Posted late so you may have missed it.

Yup, I did...thanks!

There appear to be guns smoking all around.

Cheney is guilty as sin on so many fronts, the revelations will make Watergate look like a third rate burglary.

Oh, that's right...it was!

Can't wait for the movie...

"All The Vice President's Men"

Guest yobob1

Low interest rates have left U.S. consumers ?leveraged to the hilt,? and even modest hikes could have a surprisingly swift effect on the broader economy, CIBC World Markets said Tuesday.

?Despite extremely low interest rates, households are more stretched today than they were at the start of any tightening cycle in the last two decades,? CIBC economists Benjamin Tal and Avery Shenfeld said in a report.

On a monthly basis, debt obligations now eat up about 18 per cent of the average household's monthly income.

That's just under the recent record, according to CIBC, and nearly 10 percentage points below where debt obligations were in 1994 when the Federal Reserve kicked off that tightening cycle.

?At that time, the combination of far better pre-hike job growth, and a drought in housing and autos during the earlier recession, meant that there was ample room for Americans to continue to borrow even as rates rose,? CIBC economists Benjamin Tal and Avery Shenfeld said in the report. ........

.........?The surprise will be how little it takes from the Fed in that context to achieve any desired cooling in the U.S. economy,? Mr. Tal and Mr. Shenfeld said in Tuesday's report.

Tick, tick, tick, tick,

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!?

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=04/06/03/1626202

RAY MCGOVERN:People don?t seem to have any appreciation of the need to tell the truth. And there?s one place where that?s essential, and that is serving up an objective, unpartisan, unbiased, tell it like it is, intelligence to the president. The president doesn?t like that, but you got to do it anyway. And if he doesn?t like you, you got to quit, or permit yourself to be fired. That?s not what this firing is all about. This firing is simply the first sacrificial victim here. They don?t want to get rid of Rumsfeld or Wolfowitz yet. There?s lots of dirty stuff having to do with CIA interrogations in Iraq as well as military interrogations. So there?s a whole litany of things that George Tenet is very vulnerable on, and I think this is throwing one person in to the fray here and say, well at least we got rid of George Tenet. He?s a tragic figure. I feel sorry for him but I do not defend what he has done to the intelligence community because the folks there are thoroughly demoralized. The ethic that we all worked by, you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free, you know that?s carved into the marble at the entrance to CIA headquarters. That seems to have been just completely rescinded from under the reign of George Tenet.

AMY GOODMAN: We, of course can?t forget how many times Dick Cheney went to the Central Intelligence Agency. Very unusual situation. Can you talk about that in relation to George Tenet?

RAY MCGOVERN: Yes Amy, that?s a very good question. People have asked me, is that unusual? Well, it?s not unusual for the vice president to go to CIA headquarters. It?s unprecedented. I worked there for twenty seven years, and never once did a serving vice president come on a working visit to CIA headquarters.

Guest yobob1

If I were a creditor, I would be more concerned about the loan amount compared to the

replacement cost of the house rather than the market price. I recall back in the late 1990s,

when corporations were taking on large amounts of debt, the cognoscenti told creditors not

to worry because debt levels relative to the market value of corporations were falling. When

corporate equities went into a swoon starting in 2000, corporate defaults shot up because

debt levels relative to the replacement value of corporations were highly elevated. But I?m

sure it will be different this time for housing. We had better hope so inasmuch as U.S.

commercial banks have a record 60% of their earning assets in mortgage-related

obligations.

Tick, tick, tick, tick. Which wire to cut, red or blue ?

Sorry about the funny paste job - pdf file

What percentage of of the Ass & Pee 500's earnings are financial? I suspect currently over half. When, not if, the financials start taking hits (medic!!) the P/E of the Ass & Pee will start climbing like a Saturn 5.

Guest yobob1

Nationally, the price of a median family home was up 15% between 2001 and 2003, with regional increases of 30% in the Northeast, 8.5% in the Midwest, 14.4% in the Southeast, and 20.4% in the West. Over the last year, increases have been reported as 18.7% in the Northeast, 1.9% in the Midwest, 3.8% in the Southeast, and 10.7% in the West, or 6.5% for the nation as a whole. Interestingly, the median price has actually dropped 7.2% in the Midwest and 7.3% in the South since peaking in the 3rd quarter of 2003, while prices have been generally flat in the West. Statistics from the last couple of quarters might therefore suggest that the housing bubble may have topped out, or at least temporarily cooled down, in most of the country.

What do you mean it can't be defused?

A while back on these pages I said the implosion of real estate would start in the heart of the country and work it's way to the coasts. Unlike any previous housing boom, this one is nationwide, indeed even global. All the jawboning in the world won't save this puppy once it crumbles in earnest.

Once a week Doc fills you in on the all important MoGauge , straight from the MoGauge Bankers Ass. The MoGauge reflects a major source of liquidity in the financial bubble world and is an important indicator of future market behavior, often forecasting broad market movements months in advance. Take a subscribatory and download your MoGauge RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Once a week Doc fills you in on the all important MoGauge , straight from the MoGauge Bankers Ass. The MoGauge reflects a major source of liquidity in the financial bubble world and is an important indicator of future market behavior, often forecasting broad market movements months in advance. Take a subscribatory and download your MoGauge RIGHT NOW!

Great stuff.

Don't think the Fed wil react to this immeadiately, but the countdown to easing monetary base-wise has begun (i.e. more repos, bond purchases).

They still might raise rates one time to show how tough they are on inflation, maybe even pushing Fed Funds up to 1.5% while inflation runs at 5%. Now that's tough! :P

Equity extraction thru mortgage refis WERE the " helicopter drop" of cash to Americans. So - a new technique will have to be found - Hmmm - how about a program where mortgage payments can be deferred for 3 to 5 years in exchange for -- hmm -- lets see-- service in the nation's defence?

Archived