IDS World Markets Wed 2nd March 05

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What would you think if I said that the Euro currency or any form of European derivation of it was now going to be the reserve currency of the world...

they didn't come out and tell you yet..

I would tell you that 'they' have other plans for 'Bretton Woods III.'

Prolly a world currency, sponsored by the IMF/World Bank.

In honor of the (International) Monetary Fund, they'll call it the 'mofo.' :lol: :mellow: :ph34r:

Dollar stronger as market awaits Greenspan

NEW YORK (AFX) - The dollar picked up strength against the euro and yen ahead of an appearance by Federal Reserve Chief Alan Greenspan before the U.S. House of Representatives Budget Committee. The Fed chief's comments will be scrutinized for clues about future interest rates policy.

This story was supplied by SeeBS MarketCrotch. For further information see www.marketwatch.com. For more information and to contact AFX: www.afxnews.com and www.afxpress.com

post-1431-1109772817_thumb.jpg

ok, Gary K on last nights program says he saw one sign of the Real Estate Bubble - dissertation on real estate

He also covered his small short postion

you'll have to download the mp3 file - not good on a slow landline

http://www.businesstalkradio.net/weekday_h...chives/gk.shtml

chart setups in Retail sector - mentioned last night in M2M also

AEOS

FL

TBL

PSUN

KSS

TOO

anyone going to buy the open? that a decent gap to fill...

not buying but i'm suspicious of the tech weakness. no reason anyone should really be surprised by what NVLS said, even bullish Gartner had already come out with a gloomy forecast Mon. these things should be trading a lot lower but no real reason this should be the catalyst. but I guess who needs a real reason when you don't have a real market?

"The official Elvis Presly website, Elvis.com, announced that stock in the new company, CKX Inc., which now owns the majority of Elvis Presly Enterprises has been approved for listing on the Nasdaq National Market system, sybmol: CKXE."

Thank you. Thank you very much.

...and all the old shareholders have left the building....

with oil  stocks gone wild its time to look for the low volume pullbacks after yesterday and look for strength

shipping, oils, drillers, steel

As Oil Shock III deepens, illegal 'gasoline stills' start popping up in the countryside:

ROSTOV-ON-DON, March 2 (Itar-Tass) - Policemen of the Grozny police department for transport destroyed two illegal mini oil refineries in Chechnya over the past day.

The mini refineries were found in the forest near the railway, the press service of the main police department for transport of the North Caucasus railway told Itar-Tass on Wednesday.

?One clandestine mini oil refinery with the capacity of 4,000 cubic meters was spotted near the railway station of Chervlenaya. Another mini oil refinery with the capacity of 3,000 cubic meters was found near Melchkhi in the Gudermes district,? the press service said.

Investigation is in progress. The owners of the mini oil refineries are being searched for.

Pots and pans

MH :ph34r: :ph34r: What's that campfire behind your house, MH?

==== That's no campfire. I'm just flaring waste gas.

Archived